Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dimitar.ns Having a problem with the new app update (ver. 3.12.1). I am unable to switch from our Model Y to our Model 3. The swipe from Left to Right no longer works. When I select the arrow next to the vehicle name, I get to the "Edit Home" screen, but when I select the checkmark next to the Model 3. It doesn't do anything, then if I press the back arrow, the screen goes blank. App then locks up and I have to restart it.

I did not read through all 40 Pages of this topic, but is there any concern that Tesla may just shut off the ability for the buttons to do anything with a software update? $300 ain't cheap for a chance Tesla says no more.
Although anything's possible, I doubt it. The buttons go through a commander module that is connected to the CAN bus. As far as I know the commander sends the same messages on the CAN bus as the car's functions would. At least that holds for the normal commands. Other advanced features such as battery heating, drift mode etc might be difficult to maintain in the future as they're not always equivalent to existing functions in the base UI.
Tesla have changed CAN channel IDs of some signals so they could, voluntarily or not, affect some features but I would expect a later S3XY software update to address those issues.
This is the opinion of a software developer, not EnhAuto nor Tesla employee. Let's see if EnhAuto answer your question.

I did not read through all 40 Pages of this topic, but is there any concern that Tesla may just shut off the ability for the buttons to do anything with a software update? $300 ain't cheap for a chance Tesla says no more.
Just do it. Stop worrying. It’s worth it.

@dimitar.ns Having a problem with the new app update (ver. 3.12.1). I am unable to switch from our Model Y to our Model 3. The swipe from Left to Right no longer works. When I select the arrow next to the vehicle name, I get to the "Edit Home" screen, but when I select the checkmark next to the Model 3. It doesn't do anything, then if I press the back arrow, the screen goes blank. App then locks up and I have to restart it.
I'm not sure if @dimitar.ns is on these forums anymore, but I was checking their Discord messages and other people seem to have similar issue as yours. It appears that the Enhance Auto team is aware of it and will get it resolved.

• Helpful
Reactions: 804son and Jones1
I think if Tesla was going to shut off the S3XY Buttons they would have done it long ago. As mentioned, they can and have changed signals and IDs in the past, but the Enhance Auto team seems to be pretty on top of it and have always provided updates to remedy that so far. I feel like they have supported the hell out of the product since I got it over a year ago. Had they never updated any functionality since I bought the buttons, I would have been satisfied because they did what I thought they would do at the time of purchase. Today, there are significantly more functionality to these buttons that didn't cost any more than the initial cost. Just today I updated the app and firmware and my car now can resume Autopilot automatically after a lane change. I would have paid extra just for that function (it's not quite automatic lane change from Tesla's EAP, but Tesla wants $6k for EAP where the auto lane change is basically the only useful function).

Quick question, does auto pilot resume allow you to return to the last set speed after braking?

I‘m assuming you are asking because you turned on the single click activation that bypasses TACC. That’s not what it’s for and the instructions for it tell you to turn that off. How this feature works is that it turns on autosteer some programmable number to seconds after the blinkers turn off following a lane change.

And like everyone else has said, it is awesome.

I did several drives with auto resume function yesterday and it worked perfectly. It's exactly how I had wished AP would behave during lane changes. I was actually pleased with this year's Tesla holiday update, but this trumps all of the new features from it.

Reactions: BitJam
I‘m assuming you are asking because you turned on the single click activation that bypasses TACC. That’s not what it’s for and the instructions for it tell you to turn that off. How this feature works is that it turns on autosteer some programmable number to seconds after the blinkers turn off following a lane change.

And like everyone else has said, it is awesome.
Hi No, i miss the ability to return to my last set cruise speed (something every other car can do just not Tesla) and was hoping this would allow that.

An automated reset of the nag? I think that would be as stupid as the weight on the wheel or any of the other subterfuges. Tesla would likely block that command on the data bus, at a minimum.
The railroads did away with the "Deadman's Pedal" when people were placing weights on them. Now you get a red notice in the control panel, and an alert tone that rises in volume and beeping speed. You have about 20 seconds to cancel it with almost any control movement, even turning on the wipers, or just actuating the Acknowledge key. Otherwise, if it times out, and you can't justify ignoring it, you get a full Emergency stop, probably a bunch of flattened wheels, a long delay while pumping up the train line, and a rather testy call from the Dispatcher, a less than cordial meeting with the Roadmaster, and at least few days "on the beach" without pay.
Oh yeah, defeating or attempting to defeat the Alerter is an offense under GCOR and Federal rules.

Autopilot resume worked great on my trip today. The cost was worth it for that alone.

I was confused by the discussion around “autopilot resume” since “Resume AP” was another name that Enhance Auto used for the “Autopilot ON” button function, where you had to click a button to make it happen.

IMG_6687.jpeg

But I think what y’all are talking about is “Continuous Autopilot”, where it doesn’t require a button click, right?

IMG_6686.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: BitJam and drdumont