Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- Autopilot Hands-on, it acts same as the autopilot toggle(i.e. 1st push engage, push again will disengage the auto-pilot during autopilot) for some reason, not sure if the problem is unique to me
We will fix it for the S & X with the next version.

- Can we in future add the option to toggle auto high beam using button(I noticed disable auto high bean is already a smart actions so I assume it should be possible)?
It's supported even now in the Headlights group. For your car, it will be the "YOKE High Beam" function. In order to work the Headlights should be set to AUTO and the car should be in Drive. If you have issues, please send more info to [email protected].

Reactions: AcesAreWld
Planning to try but I have some questions.

Does the battery preconditioning for non-Tesla chargers work reliably? And how exactly will it behave? Like, will it show anything on the UI that the battery is being preconditioned just like when we navigate to a supercharger?

Planning to try but I have some questions.

Does the battery preconditioning for non-Tesla chargers work reliably? And how exactly will it behave? Like, will it show anything on the UI that the battery is being preconditioned just like when we navigate to a supercharger?
Wrong thread? (US market: no, battery preconditioning to non-Tesla chargers doesn't work at all. You have to put in a Tesla charger "nearby" into the Nav, and then get to the non-Tesla charger w/o nav. It takes ... ~30min to 1h to get the temps up, and ... tying back to this thread, you can use the nerd stats from the dash to monitor the battery temperature. Or if this is a completely mis-addressed post, Scan My Tesla or the like)

Wrong thread? (US market: no, battery preconditioning to non-Tesla chargers doesn't work at all. You have to put in a Tesla charger "nearby" into the Nav, and then get to the non-Tesla charger w/o nav. It takes ... ~30min to 1h to get the temps up, and ... tying back to this thread, you can use the nerd stats from the dash to monitor the battery temperature. Or if this is a completely mis-addressed post, Scan My Tesla or the like)
Thanks but I meant this from the dev of the S3XY buttons
We have much more in our roadmap that we still need to evaluate for feasibility but the most popular ones are:
- Model Y Off-Road Assist
- Seat control and Passenger profiles
- Slip Start Toggle
- battery preconditioning for non-tesla superchargers
- Fog lights and Parking lights
- Open Door (for Uber)
- Boombox activation (Fart on-demand with a button)
- Suspension Height for Model S and X
- Wash mode, Camp mode and Wipers Service mode
etc.
I was wondering if this feature is ready or not.

Reactions: kilpatds

Here is what the app shows for it:
1673477011881.png

So, no it doesn't show on the car's UI. I haven't needed it yet, so I don't know how well it works.

He is asking about the preconditioning feature that the S3XY buttons provide...

(obviously, adding an indicator of that on the dash would be a very very good idea. :) )
Yeah, but at least the S3XY implementation automatically turns off when you shift to Park or start charging. (Unlike the implementation in a different 3rd party add-on where it stays enabled until you turn it off. Which then causes people to ask why their efficiency has gone to crap.)

Yeah, but at least the S3XY implementation automatically turns off when you shift to Park or start charging. (Unlike the implementation in a different 3rd party add-on where it stays enabled until you turn it off. Which then causes people to ask why their efficiency has gone to crap.)
Do you know if it can be enabled while driving? I've been digging into the thread and looks like there are still some issues regarding this feature.

Here is what the app shows for it:
View attachment 894668

So, no it doesn't show on the car's UI. I haven't needed it yet, so I don't know how well it works.

He is asking about the preconditioning feature that the S3XY buttons provide...
But the preconditioning does show on the S3XY dashboard.
I have a cellphone mount at the top left corner of the Tesla display, where I see a lot of info from the button shows.

Reactions: kilpatds
But the preconditioning does show on the S3XY dashboard.
I have a cellphone mount at the top left corner of the Tesla display, where I see a lot of info from the button shows.
When I used it, I looked at the on screen energy consumption, and preconditioning never increased from zero%. That was also before the last update.

Sorry if this question was posted before; could not find it!

Is there a way to see what button-config I have for long- or double-press? If I select a configured button on the homepage of the app I can see the one-press config of course. But if I then tap the 2nd tab with the plus sign to see what was configured it only asks me to select between double- and long-press to set a config for either of those. Very annoying but maybe I miss something here?

Sorry if this question was posted before; could not find it!

Is there a way to see what button-config I have for long- or double-press? If I select a configured button on the homepage of the app I can see the one-press config of course. But if I then tap the 2nd tab with the plus sign to see what was configured it only asks me to select between double- and long-press to set a config for either of those. Very annoying but maybe I miss something here?
Are you looking at your app while it's connected to the Commander? If you're connected, the second tab should say "Double-Press" or "Long-Press" if you've set it up. That's how it appears on mine. If the app is not connected to the Commander (for example you're sitting in your house), it would show the "+" on the second tab.

Reactions: eddythepeddy
Are you looking at your app while it's connected to the Commander? If you're connected, the second tab should say "Double-Press" or "Long-Press" if you've set it up. That's how it appears on mine. If the app is not connected to the Commander (for example you're sitting in your house), it would show the "+" on the second tab.
Ah that’s probably it! Thank you for your answer! Will test tomorrow! 🙏🏻

Does anyone know the status of the automatic autopilot engage feature. I bought this thinking it was an upcoming feature but have yet to see anything in beta.

Also is there an alternative way to invoke commands via the commander? I know you can use the demo buttons via the app but what about app widgets or app intents, etc…

Reactions: AcesAreWld
Does anyone know the status of the automatic autopilot engage feature. I bought this thinking it was an upcoming feature but have yet to see anything in beta.

Also is there an alternative way to invoke commands via the commander? I know you can use the demo buttons via the app but what about app widgets or app intents, etc…
We have some issues with this feature which will be resolved next month hopefully. It will work a different than the description on our website and will be used mainly to help for changing lanes.

We will extend app functionality later this year with soft In-dash buttons, widgets etc.