Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor S3XY Buttons - Regenerative braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A small company that has the resources to pay ads on Munro Live with 300,000k Subscribers:) Yes, indeed, a tiny one.

@dimitar.ns Judging by the radio silence, I guess I will not be seeing any of the updates on a 2022.20 software, correct? Even though you started development of these same features on that software version...
Lol? Why don’t you take your energy and get Tesla to build it instead

Since the HVAC screen comes with a splitter for the Connector (just like S3XY buttons), I wonder if it would be possible to use BOTH splitters in order to use BOTH devices!
The S3XY Buttons have the same features and your passengers can control things even easier, instead of leaning forward to touch the screen.
Anyway, both devices are compatible but there will be no space to close the plastic cover afterward so it's up to you how to make the setup.

Can the S3XY buttons do that? Maybe a simple toggle switch where all audible warningscan be turned on/off?
This is not possible, unfortunately.

A small company that has the resources to pay ads on Munro Live with 300,000k Subscribers:) Yes, indeed, a tiny one.

@dimitar.ns Judging by the radio silence, I guess I will not be seeing any of the updates on a 2022.20 software, correct? Even though you started development of these same features on that software version...
We love Munro and we are very happy we could be featured on their channel. We could even see a teardown of the buttons/ODB next which I believe will be interesting for everyone. BTW, we met with Sandy and Cory on the Teslatakeover last year, they are such nice guys!
Here’s Sandy’s first impression unfiltered:

Our Commander developer will merge some of the new features in the 2022.36 branch next week! Have you seen similar customer service elsewhere?! 😉
Keeping our customers happy is the most important for a small company like ours but you should understand that we really cannot support old versions forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoCal Buzz
Our Commander developer will merge some of the new features in the 2022.36 branch next week! Have you seen similar customer service elsewhere?! 😉
Keeping our customers happy is the most important for a small company like ours but you should understand that we really cannot support old versions forever.
Appreciate the reply and looking forward to it - offroad mode and the car doors open (at least driver's) via soft dashboard button will be only thing I need.
Especially the car door open feature is a must for me right now as we have -12C.

And just a reminder, again, that my FW version is not some ancient version, but it was as recent as 1.5 months ago. And it was the same version you started development of these features. So I am not asking you for something that you already haven't coded and some rediculous feature...

From there I don't really need any new features.

The only other cool and very useful feature I can think of, in Germany - maybe if you can figure out how to unlock the basic CC (without distance CC) that enables the car to go above 140/150km/h on "dumb" CC.

All the Model 3s that were delivered without AP (some of the early 2019 RWD LR Model 3s in Europe and some in the US) don't have Autopilot and you can enable the "dumb" CC and it can go to VMAX on CC. I think there must be some OBD command that can enable that.

If that is possible that would be sweat and you will surely get even more purchases from Germany.

Also, I would LOVE to have an easy way to turn off ALL AUDIBLE WARNINGS in my Model Y. The constant noises really get tiresome.

Can the S3XY buttons do that? Maybe a simple toggle switch where all audible warningscan be turned on/off?
Just out of curiosity, which sounds exactly? (I hate unnecessary sounds as well, just curious which ones were bugging you, and if there might be a menu setting that might already help).

Looking to buy a Model 3 (coming from RAV4 Prime) and worried about the lack of regen settings. I like being able to coast and regen with the brake pedal, if I use this software to disable regen, will applying the brake pedal use friction only? Thanks.

Looking to buy a Model 3 (coming from RAV4 Prime) and worried about the lack of regen settings. I like being able to coast and regen with the brake pedal, if I use this software to disable regen, will applying the brake pedal use friction only? Thanks.
Brakes seems to be friction only. The 25% regen setting feels closest ti coasting in an ICE for me.

Reactions: JonMu and Georgesb2
I ended up buying a Model Y and I like the regen a lot more than I thought I would. I do find it a bit too aggressive when fully releasing the accelerator, has anyone tried the 75% setting? That might be the sweet spot for me.

I ended up buying a Model Y and I like the regen a lot more than I thought I would. I do find it a bit too aggressive when fully releasing the accelerator, has anyone tried the 75% setting? That might be the sweet spot for me.
75% -50% is the sweet spot. Just have a button on - toggle and +toggle and use that to change it depending on the scenario.

@dimitar.ns when will the alpha branch for before .36 versions be merged so that I can update to the main branch?

Reactions: aurelian
@dimitar.ns would it be possible for you to put a date on the page when you update the button functionality? I hate to read through the list to see if anything new has been added. A recent update log would be useful.

@dimitar.ns would there be a way to either implement a 'dumb' cruise control that could be tied to the S3XY buttons or a way to unlock the Tesla 'dumb' cruise that is present in the firmware but unavailable if you have AP/TACC? A decent number of owners are not happy with only having TACC/AP available (phantom breaking, camera visibility issues, etc). For those that don't know, before AP/TACC was included with all cars (some time in 2019 I believe) it was an option, and if you did not elect that at purchase you just got a (very nice) basic cruise control. But it is just a software switch, the 'dumb' cruise is still in the system just unavailable.

Reactions: Georgesb2
@dimitar.ns would there be a way to either implement a 'dumb' cruise control that could be tied to the S3XY buttons or a way to unlock the Tesla 'dumb' cruise that is present in the firmware but unavailable if you have AP/TACC? A decent number of owners are not happy with only having TACC/AP available (phantom breaking, camera visibility issues, etc). For those that don't know, before AP/TACC was included with all cars (some time in 2019 I believe) it was an option, and if you did not elect that at purchase you just got a (very nice) basic cruise control. But it is just a software switch, the 'dumb' cruise is still in the system just unavailable.
Count me in on the dumb cruise control option as well.

Reactions: Georgesb2
75% -50% is the sweet spot. Just have a button on - toggle and +toggle and use that to change it depending on the scenario.

@dimitar.ns when will the alpha branch for before .36 versions be merged so that I can update to the main branch?
It's not planned for now. Is there anything specific that you need from the recent versions we released?

@dimitar.ns would it be possible for your software to automatically turn off the headlights when the car is parked? it's super annoying getting blinded in my garage while collecting all my stuff and tidying up.
We will try this as a smart action or a button in the future, it's an excellent idea!

Unfortunately, the Commander is not capable of doing this, sorry.

@dimitar.ns would it be possible for you to put a date on the page when you update the button functionality? I hate to read through the list to see if anything new has been added. A recent update log would be useful.

The Buttons Functions webpage is actually mostly for new customers, looking for all the features at one glance.

For our existing users, we have Release Notes inside the app Commander Settings with all the versions, new features, and dates of the release, I hope it will help you!
Did you see it before?

Attachments

• Release Notes.jpg
    Release Notes.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: DayTrippin
Is the commander capable of saving settings for it to auto enable when I get into the car (even after deepsleep)

like default settings I would like my car to be in
For some of the action/buttons it's capable but that's not the goal of the Commander and the buttons. They are designed and made in a way to give you quick and easy access to functions when you need them while driving or in Park, however your car is supposed to be set to the default setting you want most of the time.