Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S75D charging at 126kw!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kuhz

Oct 25, 2017
Mars
As observed on a 150kw supercharger. It’s AP2. Good job Tesla.

D7DF4BE6-9E6C-4538-87FE-D62A9DB81B3C.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: byeLT4 and P85_DA
Still getting 118KW on my P85D starting out. But by the time it hits the middle of the taper, it's 6KW lower than it was when new. Of course if I were to upgrade from v8 to v9 it would get much much slower.

That’s good to know. I think I’m going to have them pull the logs on mine. It’s got to be throttled at these speeds.

That’s good to know. I think I’m going to have them pull the logs on mine. It’s got to be throttled at these speeds.

If you're really only ever getting above 70KW, make sure your cooling louvers are both opening when you supercharge. One of mine died and I was throttled to 65KW to 67KW for several months before it was fixed. There is no user alert for this condition.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and glide
It was about 90 degrees outside and I used nav to get to the supercharger (preconditioning). I was getting 126kw for a good 5 mins before it started to taper down, but slowly. I don’t supercharge often (once a month if that) so don’t have a ton of experience in that area.

If you're really only ever getting above 70KW, make sure your cooling louvers are both opening when you supercharge. One of mine died and I was throttled to 65KW to 67KW for several months before it was fixed. There is no user alert for this condition.

I really need to check and each time i charge i forget doing it. Right now, my P85+ gets up to 96 for a few seconds than drops down fast to 85 and 76.. takes me almost 45mins to charge even at a low SOC.