Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This used to be an easier question to answer because the P85 included a number of extras that are now options. The extra $10K was buying a lot more than just horsepower. Furthermore, some of those extras—such as carbon fiber trim—were only available on the P85.
Yes. I would have paid for the upgraded interior alone (which you now can do :cursing:) but didn't really want or need the P mechanicals.

I do find the P85's extra power useful in certain situations.

Wow. I'd like to understand where. I find my S85 already stupidly quick. I have to be careful as it is with bursts of speed on the freeway because other cars do not seem to realize how quick I get from A to B, and will often get into my A <-> B space! The other day, I punched it to get around a BMW who was playing games with me and I was at 120 MPH in a flash! My license is probably already at risk with my S85, and if there is such a difference with a P85, I would probably be putting a lot more than my license on the line :wink: