Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SA Govt EV Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Normanville is the first time that both the DC *and* AC stations have been commissioned at once?
From all the other sites - Cowell, Kimba, Streaky Bay, etc - the DC stalls have been commissioned but not the AC ones (or at least they don't show in the Chargefox app)

I noted that the ChargeMate 7kW unit was working/commissioned at Normanville. Chargefox indicates it is currently in use, while the DCFC is free.

I used the RAA sites at Woodside and Morgan last week, and noticed at both sites the ChargeMate has no power. Do you know why? Are they finding an issue with these units on commissioning?

RAA have commissioned a handful of DC sites this week.

Roxby Downs - Woolworths Roxby Downs | Roxby Downs, SA | EV Station (though it looks like it's already offline in Chargefox)
Port Augusta - Wharflands Esplanade Parking (Coming Soon) | Port Augusta, SA | EV Station
Port Wakefield - 29 Burra St Parking | Port Wakefield, SA | EV Station
Ardrossan - 26 North Terrace Parking | Ardrossan, SA | EV Station
Minlaton - Fourth St Parking (Coming Soon) | Minlaton, SA | EV Station
Pinnaroo - 21 Day Street Parking | Pinnaroo, SA | EV Station
Kingston - Marine Parade Parking (Coming Soon) | Kingston SE, SA | EV Station
Naracoorte - Woolworths Naracoorte (Coming Soon) | Naracoorte, SA | EV Station
Barmera - Barwell Avenue Parking (Coming Soon) | Barmera, SA | EV Station
Peterborough - Peterborough Seniors Community Centre (Coming Soon) | Peterborough, SA | EV Station

(and as per Craig 128 above, Goolwa - Cadell St Parking (Coming Soon) | Goolwa, SA | EV Station)

There's possibly more but these are the handful I've seen.

Google Maps also seems to have finally ingested a bunch of these RAA Charge Chargefox sites, so from the iOS or Android apps (or in the car for an Android Automotive car like a Volvo or Polestar) you can now see when they were last used. (whether the person checked in on Plugshare or not ;P)

IMG_1778.PNG

A few AC sites, which I haven't paid too much attention to, have also been commission and appear in the Chargefox app (eg Port Lincoln Leisure Centre has 3x 7kW plugs now Port Lincoln Leisure Centre (Coming Soon) | Port Lincoln, SA | EV Station)

On the Eyre Peninsula (having grown up there, the main area I've been watching), no signs of DC construction at
Port Lincoln - Porter Street Plaza (Coming Soon) | Port Lincoln, SA | EV Station (proposed location discovered via development application)
Ceduna - Ceduna Foreshore Hotel Motel (Coming Soon) | Ceduna, SA | EV Station (proposed location discovered via development application)
Elliston - RAA Charge - Elliston (Coming Soon) | Elliston, SA | EV Station

I used the RAA sites at Woodside and Morgan last week, and noticed at both sites the ChargeMate has no power. Do you know why? Are they finding an issue with these units on commissioning?
No idea - I flicked them an email via the website to ask what the go is for the AC chargers, and never got a response.

Who I assume is the RAA commissioning guy commenting on the sites in Plugshare usually only says that DC is ready to go.

Last edited:
There is 4 Tesla superchargers there also that all appeared to be working.
The whole back area was fenced off and people were working doing something.

Is that kempower unit 350kw? I was trying to find the related power units too but it was raining so I buggered off.

Is that kempower unit 350kw? I was trying to find the related power units too but it was raining so I buggered off.

I don't think the Kempower cabinet is deep enough. For 350kW, you need 7 power modules. My understanding that cabinet only holds a maximum of 4, hence 200kW Max (assuming all 4 power modules installed).

The RAA has normally been using the Satellite units for higher 200kW "ultra-rapid" sites.

Reactions: dronus

150kw. At this stage it will charge a Tesla at a peak of 115kw even if only one EV plugged in. The old V2 Superchargers are slightly faster.

Reactions: moa999 and dronus

The superchargers have always been there. Looks like the RAA units replace the existing units that rarely worked.

Reactions: dronus
150kw. At this stage it will charge a Tesla at a peak of 115kw even if only one EV plugged in. The old V2 Superchargers are slightly faster.
I went back past there today.
Very nice looking line up of model 3 and y there.
All the fencing was down and there was two dudes wearing suits playing with the chargers so I can only assume they are online.
I didn’t get a chance to pull over for more photos but I’ll be back in there in the morning so will take some then.