Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sad story - cannot drive new Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently bought a new 2018 model s and unfortunately the bolstering on the side of the seat is causing unbearable pain on my sciatic and so I cannot drive it. Any thoughts on best way to sell a new car with 10 miles on it?
Why not try trading with someone with the older style wide seats? I'm sure you'll have an easy time finding someone interested in the swap! (I would be if you were located locally to me.)

Reactions: Krugerrand
I'd work hard to sort that pain out ..

Gonna take a bath trying to sell it simply because both you and the buyer miss out on the $7500 tax credit.
Why would the seller miss out on the tax credit? He bought it and title is in his name, he is eligible for the credit even if he re-sells the vehicle. At least here in AZ, a resale buyer doesn't have to pay sales tax. It's a win-win for both.

Last edited:
Stay with Tesla...get the X. I found seating position on that vehicle significantly better than S.....
dosen't matter unless the tax incentive goes away. Who would buy a model S for more than it would cost them for a new one? Of course this assumes the buyer is eligible for the tax incentive. Well maybe I can see that if you didn't have to pay tax. Here you certainly have to pay tax on a used vehicle when you transfer the title.

I assume you test drove before buying an 100k vehicle correct? No problems then, but now in the two or three miles you have driven since delivery you are certain that there is nothing you can do? With only one post I am suspicious of how legit you are. If you are legit, then let me tell you, that I too have sciatic pain, and have used a memory foam pillow (with a pillow case that matches the interior) for my last three vehicles, including my Model "S"

I recently bought a new 2018 model s and unfortunately the bolstering on the side of the seat is causing unbearable pain on my sciatic and so I cannot drive it. Any thoughts on best way to sell a new car with 10 miles on it?
My seats were a bit painful at first but after about 300 miles either I got used to it or the seat softened up. I was nervous about it at first but thankfully I gave it time.

How did this turn out? I'm in the exact same position. Was already thinking of selling the car for completely separate reasons, but I've just begun getting excruciating pain in my right glute and only had the car for a week. I can't tell if Tesla just makes bad seats (even now at the end of 2021) or whether it's a combination of the seat and the seating position in the Model S. I'm also tall.