Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety restraint system fault (RCM2_a058)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for the update. However, if it’s A pillar it can’t be near the floor carpet. That’s B pillar. Any chance you can confirm with them? It’s important people know the distinction. 😅
A-pillar! It's written on my invoice and they verbally told me twice. Look behind the carpet in the area where the front door hinges are. I imagine that is where the ground is. They still label that area the lower a pillar because it is directly below it.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and WilliamG
I had a similar error a couple of months ago. This is what Tesla wrote on the diagnostics form after performing repairs:

Concern: Customer States : alerts appeared seat belt safety restraint system fault, customer states
he does not feel the vehicle would be safe to drive
IVR Context -
Customer facing message 'Front left safety restraint system fault'
Removed and replaced Vehicle Controller Left. Re-installed firmware and re-calibrated vehicle LH
side glass and front left seat.

Correction: Module - Body Controller - LH (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
ASY, MY, LV PREM
CONTROLLER,
LH(1497847-02-D)
Correction: General Diagnosis
Correction: Perform Validation Test Drive

I had a similar error a couple of months ago. This is what Tesla wrote on the diagnostics form after performing repairs:

Concern: Customer States : alerts appeared seat belt safety restraint system fault, customer states
he does not feel the vehicle would be safe to drive
IVR Context -
Customer facing message 'Front left safety restraint system fault'
Removed and replaced Vehicle Controller Left. Re-installed firmware and re-calibrated vehicle LH
side glass and front left seat.

Correction: Module - Body Controller - LH (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
ASY, MY, LV PREM
CONTROLLER,
LH(1497847-02-D)
Correction: General Diagnosis
Correction: Perform Validation Test Drive

Right, the safety restraint system can cause a variety of error codes (depending on front/rear/side/passenger etc location). Do you by any chance recall exactly which code it was? I'm guessing not the same as the one described here? RCM2_a058.

Has same warning and mobile can't fix it and recommend replacing the wiring harness for $500 cdn. Appointment next month.
They fixed my rear cam wiring harness under safety recall. Airbag is more important than rear cam for sure. How is this not a safety recall?