Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score Beta Updated Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, the safety score appears to have been updated since yesterday. There used to be a slew of scoring factors but they have been reduced to just 3: Aggressive Turning, Hard Braking, and Forced Autopilot Disengagements. My frontal collision alert keeps ruining my score just driving down my street when it sees parked cars so this is a welcome change. Wonder if this is related to Elon's post that they were going to open up the Beta to drivers with 95+ scores vs 99 if the latest beta is as reliable as they hope?

Not doing the FSD beta so not worried about this now, but Tesla is rolling out insurance to Oregon soon so this same metric I think will be used for calculating rates.

That kind of bugs me because I like to drive on windy mountain roads and high gee turns are common. If it dings my insurance because of “aggressive turning” when I’m driving hard but staying within my lane and not passing aggressively, that will be very frustrating.

Not doing the FSD beta so not worried about this now, but Tesla is rolling out insurance to Oregon soon so this same metric I think will be used for calculating rates.

That kind of bugs me because I like to drive on windy mountain roads and high gee turns are common. If it dings my insurance because of “aggressive turning” when I’m driving hard but staying within my lane and not passing aggressively, that will be very frustrating.
The hard braking and aggressive turning algorithms are crap anyways... I live on a hill, and always got dinged for both, unless I drove half the speed limit going down the hill, becuase it would ding me for hard braking for the traffic control device at the bottom of the hill. Likewise with turns... If you touch the accelerator at all before you straighten out, I got dinged... It made it impossible to turn onto busy blvds without getting dinged, so I had to resort to taking alternate routes where I made 3 lefts at traffic lights, instead of a single left at a stop sign, etc.

Reactions: alexcue and ATPMSD
My MY Safety Score dynamically determines my driving score value just a point below where I would get the FSD Beta, no matter how carefully I drive! It usually picks either following too close or aggressive turning as the deductions of choice. Since the Tesla Score will not geo locate where those issues occurred, I am doomed to drive with FSD basic which has not improved for crazy phantom braking, weird lane centering, off ramp jerking, etc since 1/2021. Still love the car, just hate the app's AI.

Reactions: alexcue
So, the safety score appears to have been updated since yesterday. There used to be a slew of scoring factors but they have been reduced to just 3: Aggressive Turning, Hard Braking, and Forced Autopilot Disengagements. My frontal collision alert keeps ruining my score just driving down my street when it sees parked cars so this is a welcome change. Wonder if this is related to Elon's post that they were going to open up the Beta to drivers with 95+ scores vs 99 if the latest beta is as reliable as they hope?
I’ve had a Model 3 since March 10th, and the Safety Score scoring factors have not changed for me. It still factors foward collision warnings and unsafe following. Both my app and car are up-to-date. Not sure why your scoring factors are different?

I’ve had a Model 3 since March 10th, and the Safety Score scoring factors have not changed for me. It still factors foward collision warnings and unsafe following. Both my app and car are up-to-date. Not sure why your scoring factors are different?
Maybe they just fixed it so that you don't get as many bogus FCW... I know I used to get them all the time... Lately not as much...

Reactions: photogwa