Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Standard - regen without even touching brake pedal gave me at low speeds. I don't know how people are getting 100, probably by just driving 1/2 mile once and keep the car parked?
Being really careful, coming off the throttle only partially and smoothly, and leaving distance between the car in front. Plus, using anticipation skills to try to determine when things like yellow lights may occur.

I’m over 1000 miles and showing a 0.0% hard braking score. Maybe 50% of my driving is highway and 50% suburb streets.

This has certainly made me a better, albeit MUCH more boring, driver. :)

Attachments

• 845C975A-9AFA-4E13-A818-407ED4779B47.jpeg
    845C975A-9AFA-4E13-A818-407ED4779B47.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 96
I wonder what percentage of Android users will get FSD in this first round.

We Android users are at a big disadvantage for this first round.

Can users unsubscribe from the pilot and subscribe back so that we can start fresh again. I don't think we Android users, will make it to 100, unless we did not drive during the time. Now that we have the Android app with safety score, can we re-start the sign up process?

Being really careful, coming off the throttle only partially and smoothly, and leaving distance between the car in front. Plus, using anticipation skills to try to determine when things like yellow lights may occur.

I’m over 1000 miles and showing a 0.0% hard braking score. Maybe 50% of my driving is highway and 50% suburb streets.

This has certainly made me a better, albeit MUCH more boring, driver. :)
This is the droid Tesla has been looking for. Great result, congrats! You demonstrate that a reasonably skilled and aware driver can obtain a 100 score without too much difficulty - and can do it consistently.

This is the droid Tesla has been looking for. Great result, congrats! You demonstrate that a reasonably skilled and aware driver can obtain a 100 score without too much difficulty.
I do miss the m3p acceleration (and subsequent full regen when I’m way over the speed limit in 3-4 seconds), but you are correct - this isn’t that hard. Even half of my highway miles are done in a highway zone where lane closures/merges and traffic/braking patterns are very inconsistent. In those situations, just back off and slow down - if you see the opportunity for someone to be thinking about cutting in front of you just slow down a bit so when they do they are more than 1 second in front and your score actually improves. :)

This is the droid Tesla has been looking for. Great result, congrats! You demonstrate that a reasonably skilled and aware driver can obtain a 100 score without too much difficulty - and can do it consistently.
I consistently got 99s and 100s without too much trouble, but today I took an Uber and left the car in the garage 😂😂 Because honestly, yesterday I had to work-off a 1.3% hard braking score when I can't recall a single point I ever had to hit the brakes. They come up randomly, as is pretty commonly reported.

The system is tuned to produce reasonable scores in the range that reflects good drivers... and we're having to bend and twist it to work around its bugs that are meant to not give even the best driver a true "100". I trust it's a reliable metric of safety... but false dings are something the system is meant to be able to ignore.

But not if we want FSD Beta this weekend! Oh no, now you've got to get a perfect score the system wasn't meant to be able to produce 🥴🤦‍♂️

It's a flawed game, but I'm okay playing it.

Locked in for the Beta 😎 Got a quick 2 mile drive in today just in case daily driving counts.

Total miles since enrollment about 800 around all of Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego areas.

One 99 day before figuring out the scoring and the rest 100s even with a few 100+ mi jaunts.

Attachments

• 9455E562-12F9-49DE-AF5C-762ECE3FE0FA.png
    9455E562-12F9-49DE-AF5C-762ECE3FE0FA.png
    228.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 45D0C441-2721-4EE9-AD58-B1E3584F5970.png
    45D0C441-2721-4EE9-AD58-B1E3584F5970.png
    179.2 KB · Views: 56
Hmmm .... I thought regen was limited to 0.2g. Are you sure you didn't get dinged somewhere else ?
I hear about this a lot. I wonder if there's software/sensor lag that mis-detects the Gs of decelerating. Since there's no on-screen display for it, none of us have real-time feedback on what the system is thinking - we're even just theorizing as to whether it's taking "speed over time" and estimating Gs, or if it's actually using one of its real accelerometers.

More of a case-in-point of "it's not meant to produce perfect scores".

Reactions: TheOx
I consistently got 99s and 100s without too much trouble, but today I took an Uber and left the car in the garage 😂😂 Because honestly, yesterday I had to work-off a 1.3% hard braking score when I can't recall a single point I ever had to hit the brakes. They come up randomly, as is pretty commonly reported.

The system is tuned to produce reasonable scores in the range that reflects good drivers... and we're having to bend and twist it to work around its bugs that are meant to not give even the best driver a true "100". I trust it's a reliable metric of safety... but false dings are something the system is meant to be able to ignore.

But not if we want FSD Beta this weekend! Oh no, now you've got to get a perfect score the system wasn't meant to be able to produce 🥴🤦‍♂️

It's a flawed game, but I'm okay playing it.
Locked in for the Beta 😎 Got a quick 2 mile drive in today just in case daily driving counts.

Total miles since enrollment about 800 around all of Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego areas.

One 99 day before figuring out the scoring and the rest 100s even with a few 100+ mi jaunts.
Nice work. As I said in another thread, I’m of the opinion I won’t see FSD tomorrow. I interpret Elon’s statement to be 1000 or so have a true perfect score. My guess is they’ll ignore mileage and use a score filter for 100.0 across the fleet for anyone who pushed the button. Too many “100’s” on these message boards, twitter, Facebook groups, etc to not have thousands and thousands of folks like myself that have a rounded 100. Tonight will tell and I really hope I’m wrong.

Today I was planning to drive a bit to see if I can boost my 99 to 100. I've done about 25 miles, 99.9% on autopilot. During the brief moment it was off. Someone got to close and my daily score at the moment is 99 (40% close follow distance). Does it make sense to keep driving? If I drive a lot of miles today on ap, will they be tainted by that close follow? Or, will the milage remove the 99% from that first trip?

Nice work. As I said in another thread, I’m of the opinion I won’t see FSD tomorrow. I interpret Elon’s statement to be 1000 or so have a true perfect score. My guess is they’ll ignore mileage and use a score filter for 100.0 across the fleet for anyone who pushed the button. Too many “100’s” on these message boards, twitter, Facebook groups, etc to not have thousands and thousands of folks like myself that have a rounded 100. Tonight will tell and I really hope I’m wrong.
I'm about 95% confident in the other direction. You must not talk to Tesla folks much outside these forums and Twitter ;) Outside these circles, which are pretty tight knit, there's virtually nobody that even knows FSD Beta is a thing, or that this "mini-game" even exists. The take rate for FSD is incredibly low, and of those, most aren't on Twitter or other Tesla Social nets. If you count how many individuals you actually see posts from on all platforms, you'll probably count under 100 - which would itself be 10% of the 1000.

I fully expect to be part of the 1000. We're a special kind of weird. haha.

Similar to EV adoption in the public... you'd think everyone would know about this stuff. It has absolutely frustrated and stumped me for a good 10 years, why people don't understand and want EVs. Yet, today there are still people stumbling into dealerships and driving off with gas cars. There are a lot fewer informed people than you might think.

I think we’re all just a little hyperaware of scores from obsessing over them the last 2 weeks. I’ve chatted with a few folks at superchargers and most of them seem to have no idea what the safety score is that I’m talking about even though they have FSD. Guess we’ll find out!

Today I was planning to drive a bit to see if I can boost my 99 to 100. I've done about 25 miles, 99.9% on autopilot. During the brief moment it was off. Someone got to close and my daily score at the moment is 99 (40% close follow distance). Does it make sense to keep driving? If I drive a lot of miles today on ap, will they be tainted by that close follow? Or, will the milage remove the 99% from that first trip?
You need Jaezus, and by Jaezus of course I mean Safety Score Calculator ;)

Insert your scores, and it will tell you how many miles you need to go on a 100% day.

First thing you need to do is get that daily score to 100 (using the tips for the individual elements). Then the score might automatically snap over to 100, or you might need more miles.

Reactions: HighZ
I've been 99 or 100 every day the past two weeks, with an overall score of 100. Nothing too extreme, but driving super cautious like I have an open mug of coffee sitting on the dash. Definitely not fun, and a little stressful being ultra aware of everything going on. Someone above mentioned getting dinged for hitting a yellow/red light while at speed. If I'm not already on AP and see a yellow light, I'm instant double tapping the right stock to engage AP and let it do the hard break to stop. I'm sure the people behind me love it.

I plugged my last 2 week's driving into the spreadsheet, and I'm at 99.52. Eeek, so really close and I'm at work with a 12 mile drive back home tonight. Maybe I'll have my wife come pick me up. :)

Reactions: FalconFour
I had to work-off a 1.3% hard braking score when I can't recall a single point I ever had to hit the brakes. They come up randomly, as is pretty commonly reported.

Weird.

I've never had that happen randomly, even once. Here's an example of a hard braking event I had October 1st, though; I removed my foot from the accelerator immediately after the light turned yellow. But I knew this event had happened before parking the vehicle! I did very very lightly feather the brakes at the very end (at 12 seconds, because I was going to roll across the crosswalk) - and that is all it took. In retrospect I should have applied them even more lightly, earlier - and should have been traveling at 40mph rather than 45. This was not an example of a yellow light I could have run - the only solution was to be doing under the limit on the hill. Hills are NOT our friends. 3% hard braking for that trip, 0.5% for the day (was not able to fully recover it to 100; didn't want to drive randomly around the neighborhood for 20 miles at 11PM, and I didn't need to).

I've had three braking events over the past three weeks, and they've all been very clear. I wouldn't have previously called them hard braking, but such is life. The first day's was the worst (yellow light I should definitely have gone through). The other two were on substantial downhill grades and involved extremely light brake application (this is one of them).

Last edited:
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS and HighZ

Hah I did a 2 mile drive today also to get my score to true 100 from 99.52 per the spreadsheet going around too!