Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not on a webpage but if you can go to your car's screen, there's an easy opt-out

That dialog states you are opting out of consideration for Beta, rather than opting out of Safety Score. Any tie to Beta is not noted anywhere on the official Safety Score information page. All of the language on this page is indicative that it's a new general feature, not tied to a specific program.

Why would there be FAQ language about things like selling your vehicle if this was not intended to be a long term general feature?

Would be nice to get this to show up. But I guess this is a common problem.
I was able to see the Safety Score by deleting the Tesla app and reinstalling on my iPhone.

IMG_2470.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: MikeC and Aerodyna
That dialog states you are opting out of consideration for Beta, rather than opting out of Safety Score. Any tie to Beta is not noted anywhere on the official Safety Score information page. All of the language on this page is indicative that it's a new general feature, not tied to a specific program.

Currently, if you want to get Safety Score, you have to "Request Full Self-Driving Beta".

To request "Request Full Self-Driving Beta", you need to pay or rent the FSD. That means it costs more to currently get Safety Score and it's not free.

Currently, if you want to get Safety Score, you have to "Request Full Self-Driving Beta".

To request "Request Full Self-Driving Beta", you need to pay or rent the FSD. That means it costs more to currently get Safety Score and it's not free.
Where is that fact officially communicated?

How do you find this in the app? I updated the app to 4.1 today, our car to 2021.32.22, and opted in with the button. After that we went for a 20 mile drive. It's now been 2 hours since we finished our drive & still no safety score in the app...
It's is the main screen down in the bottom. Let me grab a screenshot.

Attachments

• 3B6A61A4-92B7-44B2-9A2C-7308A8C52F01.jpeg
    3B6A61A4-92B7-44B2-9A2C-7308A8C52F01.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Helpful
Reactions: MikeC
These are the only officially listed requirements. FSD, FSD Beta, and opting in are not among them.

• Your vehicle must be on software update 2021.32.22 or later. To check the latest software version on your car, tap 'Software' on your touchscreen.
  • Your vehicle must be connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network.
  • You need to take a trip that’s at least 0.1 miles on your vehicle.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
These are the only officially listed requirements. FSD, FSD Beta, and opting in are not among them.

• Your vehicle must be on software update 2021.32.22 or later. To check the latest software version on your car, tap 'Software' on your touchscreen.
  • Your vehicle must be connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network.
  • You need to take a trip that’s at least 0.1 miles on your vehicle.
Again, there is nowhere on the webpage saying that you need FSD to get Safety Score but on your car's screen.

Go to your car's screen and press "Request Full Self-Driving Beta". If you can't find it, can't click it. If you can't click it you won't get your Safety Score.

And why can't you find it? Did you pay $10,000 for the privilege to click it?

I just went to the app store and searched Tesla. It will show an update. It's not automatic updates. It'll be the same for Android. I had to manually search it last time there was a refresh too.
Oh I have the update, that is not the problem. Enrolled in beta queue, etc.

From screen capture not clear where it is in the app but it looks like it should be an obvious menu item.

Again, there is nowhere on the webpage saying that you need FSD to get Safety Score but on your car's screen.

Go to your car's screen and press "Request Full Self-Driving Beta". If you can't find it, can't click it. If you can't click it you won't get your Safety Score.

And why can't you find it? Did you pay $10,000 for the privilege to click it?
I'm not interested in FSD Beta. I'm interested in official confirmation that Safety Score is not a permanent fleetwide system with no way to opt out. What may or may not appear to those who hit the button seems wholly irrelevant. Just because this method is confirmed to give you a way to opt in has no bearing on whether this system will be deployed to every vehicle.

I'm not interested in FSD Beta. I'm interested in official confirmation that Safety Score is not a permanent fleetwide system with no way to opt out. What may or may not appear to those who hit the button seems wholly irrelevant. Just because this method is confirmed to give you a way to opt in has no bearing on whether this system will be deployed to every vehicle.

Seems like they are using this to also test Tesla insurance. I’m pretty sure it is opt’d in too if you want to lower your insurance rates with them. I don’t know how low they can go since it’s already one of the cheapest. I pay $150/month for 2 Model 3s but I will stay opt’d in after FSD if they give a discount like other car insurances that uses this feature.