Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this isn’t exactly fair, since I believe that he is trying to do the best thing for the company and the owners, but it did make me laugh as I felt exactly that when I woke up this morning. I HATE weekend driving while trying to maintain a high score. I hope my wife doesn’t mind me using her car…

1633782977598.png

I'm thinking good thoughts for those with scores that are within striking distance of 100 and hoping they can get there before the delayed release of 10.2 (and that Tesla then includes them). If you'd like to plan how many miles you need to drive consider using my spreadsheet (or other similar sheets) for your driving strategy. It helped me and I've gotten great feedback that it's been helpful to others. There are full instructions on the sheet as shown on the screenshot below the link. Good luck and good driving.

1633783987821.png

I drove 650 perfect miles today to get from 99 to 100. I finish at 2:30 am. I hope I'm in.
These last two days were pretty rough for me too getting both my cars up to 100…and I told my wife there is a good chance that Elon will change the rules at midnight…but I also told her there is a bette chance that when it rolls out to people with 100s he will stop and not roll it out to people with 99s and below for weeks/months…

I'm thinking good thoughts for those with scores that are within striking distance of 100 and hoping they can get there before the delayed release of 10.2 (and that Tesla then includes them). If you'd like to plan how many miles you need to drive consider using my spreadsheet (or other similar sheets) for your driving strategy. It helped me and I've gotten great feedback that it's been helpful to others. There are full instructions on the sheet as shown on the screenshot below the link. Good luck and good driving.

View attachment 719496
Btw, from my experience last night…99.5 did not seem to round up to 100…I needed like 282 miles or something and when I stopped after logging 284 or something I was still at 99…another 8 miles or so for me to get there. I think you might need 99.51 to get to 100…not sure though

These last two days were pretty rough for me too getting both my cars up to 100…and I told my wife there is a good chance that Elon will change the rules at midnight…but I also told her there is a bette chance that when it rolls out to people with 100s he will stop and not roll it out to people with 99s and below for weeks/months…
Out of curiosity, what does your wife’s face look like when you explain to her that Papa Elon’s rules might change and go into the complexities of score dependencies?

When I even start about it my wife rolls her eyes and tells me the trash needs to go out. I can’t even get the word Elon out of my mouth before she waves her finger :(

Btw, from my experience last night…99.5 did not seem to round up to 100…I needed like 282 miles or something and when I stopped after logging 284 or something I was still at 99…another 8 miles or so for me to get there. I think you might need 99.51 to get to 100…not sure though
I agree and have put a note on the sheet to that effect. In my case the Tesla app score changed to 100 when I reached 99.50 on the sheet, but others like you needed 99.51. I'm confident the formulas are correct but attribute this to some very small rounding error based on the individuals combination of bad events.

Because that’s not the end state either ! I don’t expect Elon to give up that easily. Not will the FSD team sit still for a year.

How is it okay to charge someone $10k for something that’s not transferable, that might never come, has no definitive deadline, and borderline non-existent progress map? If he knew for the last several years that this sugar is so alpha that even beta testing would be so limited, he shouldn’t have taken all the people’s money. Why are people supporting his R&D to possibly get nothing out of it? Think about the people who have paid for it, driven 100k+ miles in their cars and traded in for newer models.

This sugar should’ve been connected to your Tesla account from the start, and not the car. That way I, as an individual, will get to use the $10k “software” I paid for, maybe, one day, regardless of what model Tesla I’ll have by then.

How is it okay to charge someone $10k for something that’s not transferable, that might never come, has no definitive deadline, and borderline non-existent progress map? If he knew for the last several years that this sugar is so alpha that even beta testing would be so limited, he shouldn’t have taken all the people’s money. Why are people supporting his R&D to possibly get nothing out of it? Think about the people who have paid for it, driven 100k+ miles in their cars and traded in for newer models.

This sugar should’ve been connected to your Tesla account from the start, and not the car. That way I, as an individual, will get to use the $10k “software” I paid for, maybe, one day, regardless of what model Tesla I’ll have by then.

You paid for it bro. Be angrily at you.

Hi Guys...Please explain what it would take to get my 99 to 100 by Monday night. I have one unsafe following ding. I'm 75 and would like to get the FSD beta for at least one of my FSD equipped Tesla's before I die. I am a low mileage rural driver. Actually the autopilot helps me to be a safer driver, even though my fighter pilot lightning reflexes are still excellent! LOL

Reactions: jebinc
Hi Guys...Please explain what it would take to get my 99 to 100 by Monday night. I have one unsafe following ding. I'm 75 and would like to get the FSD beta for at least one of my FSD equipped Tesla's before I die. I am a low mileage rural driver. Actually the autopilot helps me to be a safer driver, even though my fighter pilot lightning reflexes are still excellent! LOL
This worked for me: Safety Score Calculator

Have all of the beta releases been on a Friday night? Off the top of my head, I can't recall.

I would not be surprised if Tesla pushed 10.2 back to midnight on the 15th. It will give them extra time to iron out the last-minute kinks;, and, it would then give the 1000+ new beta testers the weekend to test it out (as opposed to people downloading it on Monday night/Tuesday morning and then using it for the first time commuting to work.)

Plus, it will then give Tesla 21 days of safety score data, which would allow them to say (in the event of fatalities), "We monitored drivers for nearly a month and we only chose those who were able to achieve perfect scores over the duration of that time period."

I really would not be surprised to learn that this was the plan all along - to first tie the expansion of the group of beta testers to the release of 10.2 and then to delay 10.2 for 30 days.

I hope that isn't the case and that 10.2 does come out this weekend.

Reactions: jebinc
A few days of 1000 people is probably 100k miles at most. That isn't anywhere close to enough data to evaluate the safety.

Can you show your work here?

How do you know more than Tesla about the amount of data they need to make this judgement?

Remember this isn't them needing to decide if the software is safe- it's the judge if the DRIVERS are.

You don't need millions of miles of edge cases to check things like "Is driver inattention significantly higher among new testers than old testers"

How is it okay to charge someone $10k for something that’s not transferable, that might never come, has no definitive deadline, and borderline non-existent progress map?

By all of that being known up front.

Nobody's having a gun held to their head to buy it after all. If you failed to check into what you paid for before you paid for it, that's really on you.

Also- it's only been 10k for FSD for less than a year. It's been as cheap as 2k-3k for most of its existence.