Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Salary sacrifice prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like my salsac, 4 years, no deposit and 660pm for my 3p. No need to worry about tyres (8 months in, needs a new set šŸ˜‚), insurance costs etc. Plus it helps with tax position.
I was also looking at used, paying 3k+500pm on pcp for a 20 plate, plus whatever insurance was. Sure it was cheaper per month, but in reality not much in it so I decided not to worry about deposit, depreciation or insurance variability.

Just ordered a lease y for 3.3k+399pm via Tesla for the Mrs. Insurance is same as outgoing 4x4, itā€™s a shorter 2 year lease and a slow rwd, so not expecting too many tyres. Running cost difference is huge, will be saving c200pm in diesel, tax and servicing. Again, I donā€™t want to deal with EV depreciation and felt 13k over 2 years good compared to buying outright.

Ā£481 over 36months for the Model Y RWD atm. I'm probably going to go with the Model 3 AWD for around Ā£600 for more fun and range.

Has anyone extended their standard warranty recently? Apparently it's still available in UK but only once the standard 4 years expires.

Model 3 RWD Ā£500 over 36 months, I'm very tempted by this one, it costs Ā£625 for AWD same spec (stealth grey.)

I think Y will go on offer towards end of this year when refresh starts to release.

Y - LR - in white with no extras. On Tusker.
36 months 10k 513
48 months 10k 487
48 months 5k 453
All net of course, and I am lucky enough to pay extra Scottish tax.
Last month the 3 needed 4 new tyres. Almost a Ā£1k.
For a Y LR over 48months 10k on OctopusEV it comes to 589 with a Scottish postcode, even with the Ā£23 worth of charger and credit difference it still works out Ā£80 per month more.

No wonder all these firms hide their pricing behind logins, you (and/or the company) can't actually check what pricing is until signed up and then we don't have the choice

For a Y LR over 48months 10k on OctopusEV it comes to 589 with a Scottish postcode, even with the Ā£23 worth of charger and credit difference it still works out Ā£80 per month more.

No wonder all these firms hide their pricing behind logins, you (and/or the company) can't actually check what pricing is until signed up and then we don't have the choice
I think age is a big factor since insurance is included. I'm 35, my colleagues in early 20's couldn't get quotes at all for Tesla's.

Hi,

My model 3 is coming up for renewal and I have some interesting quotes.

I currently pay Ā£440 all in net for 3 years.
Iā€™ve been offered a 1 year extension for Ā£420
A new model 3 (facelift) is quoted at Ā£570 a month.
A new model Y is quoted at Ā£520 a month.

Thereā€™s prices donā€™t make much sense especially the facelift model 3 which is now Ā£39,995.

What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Your new prices are what I was quoted and am paying for theY

My wife has an etron GT for Ā£500 ish a month

I don't know anything about salary sacrifice, but if she is a higher tax payer than O/P might that make the price cheaper (more tax saved)?

They still went for salsac.... the mind boggles

Cash in hand for disposal of the previous car maybe? One-time-win of course, once SalSac finishes they'll have to find a deposit for whatever they then buy. NO idea what happens to "continuous" No Claims Bonus either ...

Compare that to the current Tesla personal contract hire rates

need to take a look at any impact on Pension (or other deductions) with SalSac. We maintain original pension in our SalSac scheme, but I'm pretty sure that NHS doesn't ... there might be a wriggle in the detail for your mate too (but maybe not from the way you described it!)

I just recently salarysacced for a m3 LR RWD, in white, think it was one of the last ones. Ended up paying Ā£478/month inc maintenance/tyres 10k/year . Worked out about Ā£80net/month cheaper than the highland RWD. Also came with the towing pack foc which i won't be using ha. This was via nationwide vehicle contracts who use lex.

Service was great, placed order on the 19/01/24 and received within a week.

My current LR goes back in May.

Just got a quote for the Highland LR - 1 mo deposit, 4yrs, 10kmpa, Ā£802 gross.

Through my company - ex half the VAT, CT and Div tax, Ā£359 net.

Currently paying Ā£265 net so +Ā£94/month, not a bad deal given interest rates and 3 years down the line....

I can only see Ā£550 a month on Tesla with Ā£5k down.
Plus then you're paying your own tyres and
I just checked, see below 560, no deposit, 48 month and 10000miles. But this is for base version.

IMG_2555.png

Everything including the OPs EAP and blue costs 596. Lot to do with 1.8% interest rate. 1000 down payment.
IMG_2556.png

Last edited: