Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just scheduled a high voltage safety inspection on my model 3 performance, what are the chances that it passes the test? Should I keep my hopes up that I’ll get supercharging back or should I just accept that it’ll fail?

It will almost certainly pass, assuming you are charging the car now. Is this just so they'll work on the car, or specifically for reinstating supercharging? When is the appointment?

Please keep us updated.

Reactions: brainhouston
It will almost certainly pass, assuming you are charging the car now. Is this just so they'll work on the car, or specifically for reinstating supercharging? When is the appointment?

Please keep us updated.
The appointment is on Tuesday next week and they’ll do a high voltage safety inspection for dc charging, if my Tesla passes it will be get re enabled on the supercharger network, my car charged just fine on other dc chargers so that’s why I’m asking if it’ll pass or not

Reactions: henderrj
The appointment is on Tuesday next week and they’ll do a high voltage safety inspection for dc charging, if my Tesla passes it will be get re enabled on the supercharger network, my car charged just fine on other dc chargers so that’s why I’m asking if it’ll pass or not
that is good news! please keep us posted, I have a 22 MY, 21 MY, and a 18 MS, all 3 salvage already repaired perfectly but with SC disabled, thanks.

So, I have done THE TEST. I took my salvaged, exported Tesla with SC disabled BUT working CCS, and tried to use a Tesla SC saying that it was a 3rd party car.

Sorry folks, IT DOESN’T WORK. The SC keeps trying to SC, and it doesn’t care I’m telling it through the app that it should treat my car as a 3rd party. And my car refuses to charge, because SC is disabled.

I’m open to try new tests.

So, I have done THE TEST. I took my salvaged, exported Tesla with SC disabled BUT working CCS, and tried to use a Tesla SC saying that it was a 3rd party car.

Sorry folks, IT DOESN’T WORK. The SC keeps trying to SC, and it doesn’t care I’m telling it through the app that it should treat my car as a 3rd party. And my car refuses to charge, because SC is disabled.

thanks for confirming but this sucks for sure
hope u can get HV inspection n get it done officially

Reactions: M0rpH3x

I scheduled a high voltage safety inspection test for my salvaged model 3 2021 and I recommend you to do the same using Tesla’s service option.

Reactions: M0rpH3x
Grey market imported cars can be quite difficult to deal with from any manufacturer. Usually no warranty, and often no factory service at all even if paid. Add a salvage title to the mix and it's going to be tough going. I guess that means it doesn't even have the proper charging connector!

Im officially back on the supercharger network!

Attachments

• 8BABF30D-18EA-4B99-B9E2-1F74CBB24BFB.jpeg
    8BABF30D-18EA-4B99-B9E2-1F74CBB24BFB.jpeg
    555.9 KB · Views: 217
I am looking for help with changing some gateway configuration options on my 2021 MY.

As far as I understood @LayZ is an expert in this area. Unfortunately I can't DM him
Could someone please ask @LayZ to contact me at andrei at develam dot com?

Any help would be much appreciated!
not sure he'd be able to help u... i think MCU2+ is hard or not possible remotely..
u should be able to DM by now, your post count is 11, i think its right around where u get that unlocked

Reactions: andreimd