Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just rebuilt a 2019 model 3 performance and have just powered the car up for the first time since the repair.
it was a front collision car with driver and passenger airbags, curtains and seatbelts deployed. all airbags were replaced for new ones and I sent my RCM to Ingineer to be reset.
once I put the car in drive the airbag light comes on and I get these 3 errors, RCM_a114, RCM_a013, and RCM_a004. does anyone know what these refer to as I am really unsure what the problem could be now!

Attachments

• IMG_20200603_200208.jpg
    IMG_20200603_200208.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 4,154
Hey all. I need help downgrading a firmware. It is a Model S with AP2.0. It needs to be downgraded because while the rest of the car was on 2018.48(v9), dead emmc CID is revived as 2020.20(v10.2)

Because of the difference the rest of the car doesn't update. They stage but APE ends up with a different signature so update fails. So I damaged the signature of the firmware currently running (so it could stage a lower version) but this time CID verifies the signature but still says it is a lower version so it doesn't mount hence does not stage. Does anyone know a workaround this?

What I get in the syslog for the culprit is this;

cid-updater:13459: verifysig elapsed=554 status=success key=prod chunked=true
cid-updater:13475: verifysig status=valid key=prod
cid-updater:36673: signature status=verified elapsed=554
cid-updater:13568: verifyversion status=error reason=offline_version_too_small offline=7 online=8
cid-updater:10179: mount_offline_package status=error reason=ratchet
cid-updater:36684: staging status=mounterror
cid-updater:16638: terminate_update from=verify_offline_and_stage at_line=36733

Appreciate it.

hey whats up everyone im new just a quick question i feel kinda dumb asking but im looking into getting a salvage model s.. i went to inspect the car and everything look good but i did notice the first responders loop was cut.. im assuming because the airbags went off.. thats just a simple replace? or would i have to drop the battery and change fuses in there? thanks for the help

Hi guys, I have just finished my rebuild of a Model S with AP2, and I still have three errors:

- Air suspension unavailable
- Air Conditioning Reduced DC Fast Charging/Supercharging may be reduced
- Autopilot Safety/Convenience Features Unavailable

The TAS module was reset by a member of this forum, and I don't see any damage in the struts or other suspension parts. Do you have any idea why I would get this error? Bad connection of the module? Dead compressor?

Regarding the A/C, I replaced one of the condensers and the corresponding fan. The system is empty, but it cannot be recharged with this error, because I was told at the workshop that it is the computer that is disabling A/C. Of course the air comes out as hot as hell. The two front louvres open properly, I don't know what else I can check.

For the autopilot, I believe the radar is totally miscalibrated. Is there an easy way to adjust it? It seems to me that I have to remove the radar from the bracket to be able to adjust it, and I find that crazy...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regarding the A/C, I replaced one of the condensers and the corresponding fan. The system is empty, but it cannot be recharged with this error, because I was told at the workshop that it is the computer that is disabling A/C.

You should be able to evacuate it and recharge it just like any other AC system. Though you probably need to replace the desiccant bags first.

• Helpful
Reactions: M0rpH3x
You should be able to evacuate it and recharge it just like any other AC system. Though you probably need to replace the desiccant bags first.

Thanks. In the workshop they told me that the computer was intentionally disabling the compresor, for some reason, and that they couldn't evacuate it until I fixed the error. Would a wet desiccant bag throw an error like this? I'm sure the bag needs replacement, although I don't know where to find one.

Thanks. In the workshop they told me that the computer was intentionally disabling the compresor, for some reason, and that they couldn't evacuate it until I fixed the error. Would a wet desiccant bag throw an error like this? I'm sure the bag needs replacement, although I don't know where to find one.

No the error is likely because there is inadequate pressure in the system. You probably need to add some oil too but make sure to use the correct kind for EVs or you will destroy the system. Don't even use hoses that have been used on systems with the old Pag oil.

• Helpful
Reactions: DaveBC and M0rpH3x
Thank you @MP3Mike, your answers are very helpful. I hope I'm not bothering you too much, but I'm trying to figure out my next step.

So you're saying that if I buy a can of R134a and some POE ND11 oil and I add a bit of oil and pressurize the system with the can, the error should disappear?

Nonsense. There's a high-pressure switch and a low-pressure switch on the lines, and you're getting borked by the latter.

It is very important to understand that the coils for the compressor are exposed to the refrigerant/oil, and that they're running 400v. You must use a very specific oil or else you'll poison the whole system and the compressor will develop carbon trails. You can not use a gauge set if it has -ever- been used in a normal mineral-oil system. Even a drop will poison your system. (Don't ask me how I know) A poisoned system is recoverable (I did it), but you don't want to even get close.

You don't say whether the replaced condenser was new or used; if used don't worry about adding oil. If new, pay Tesla for the right oil. Two capfuls, under the circumstances.

The desiccant bag is in the right (supercool) condenser, in a vertical manifold. There's a screw cap on the bottom. You can save a couple bucks on eBat, but just buy one from Tesla.

Rent an A/C vacuum pump and pull that system down for at least an hour. There must not be a molecule of air or water in the system. Then carefully put in the right weight of refrigerant, purging the gauge lines before letting it into the system.

Air suspension, is the compressor coming on? If not, fuse? See, this is where you need to be rooted, so you can actually see the errors.

Radar, It must be pointing absolutely straight ahead. First make sure the car is on a level surface and you've fixed the suspension, and that the radar is firmly mounted. Then put a block on its front surface, and on that a square. Not a cheap one but something quality like a tri-square or even a large framing square. Draw a taught string out from that at least 10'. There's an azimuth and altitude screw; adjust those until absolutely straight forward.

Last edited:
Thank you @MP3Mike, your answers are very helpful. I hope I'm not bothering you too much, but I'm trying to figure out my next step.

So you're saying that if I buy a can of R134a and some POE ND11 oil and I add a bit of oil and pressurize the system with the can, the error should disappear?

It might take more than a can, but that isn't a good way to go about it. You really need to hook it up to a vacuum device to get all of the air/moisture out of the system before you charge it. (You can usually rent/borrow what you would need from an auto parts store.) But it might be easier to just go to a shop that can use their machine to take care of it all at once.

Guys, thank you for the help.

@MP3Mike yes, I understood I should vacuum it first to remove the moisture and whatever is in there, I was not very exhaustive in my explanation. I have already tried to take it to a shop, but because they see this error and the compressor doesn't engage, they don't want to touch it. I can try another shop, but I'm afraid I'll have to do it myself.

@rooter I've had very bad experiences with workshops, so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Nonsense. There's a high-pressure switch and a low-pressure switch on the lines, and you're getting borked by the latter.

It is very important to understand that the coils for the compressor are exposed to the refrigerant/oil, and that they're running 400v. You must use a very specific oil or else you'll poison the whole system and the compressor will develop carbon trails. You can not use a gauge set if it has -ever- been used in a normal mineral-oil system. Even a drop will poison your system. (Don't ask me how I know) A poisoned system is recoverable (I did it), but you don't want to even get close.

You don't say whether the replaced condenser was new or used; if used don't worry about adding oil. If new, pay Tesla for the right oil. Two capfuls, under the circumstances.

The desiccant bag is in the right (supercool) condenser, in a vertical manifold. There's a screw cap on the bottom. You can save a couple bucks on eBat, but just buy one from Tesla.

Rent an A/C vacuum pump and pull that system down for at least an hour. There must not be a molecule of air or water in the system. Then carefully put in the right weight of refrigerant, purging the gauge lines before letting it into the system.

Air suspension, is the compressor coming on? If not, fuse? See, this is where you need to be rooted, so you can actually see the errors.

Radar, It must be pointing absolutely straight ahead. First make sure the car is on a level surface and you've fixed the suspension, and that the radar is firmly mounted. Then put a block on its front surface, and on that a square. Not a cheap one but something quality like a tri-square or even a large framing square. Draw a taught string out from that at least 10'. There's an azimuth and altitude screw; adjust those until absolutely straight forward.
This is really exhaustive, thanks a lot!