Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I am a person living in Korea. I was a direct importer of Tesla Model 3 in the US last year. In Korea, it is said that it cannot provide any service because it is not a regular income. Can you help? My email address is [email protected]. Please help me. I spent more than $ 40,000 on this car. Please help me. You are the only hope.

Hello. I am a person living in Korea. I was a direct importer of Tesla Model 3 in the US last year. In Korea, it is said that it cannot provide any service because it is not a regular income. Can you help? My email address is [email protected]. Please help me. I spent more than $ 40,000 on this car. Please help me. You are the only hope.

I think you’ll have to give a bit more to go on.

Try giving us the year, make model of your Tesla, and then a brief description of the problem. What is it, when did it start, how is the function of the car affected, and what steps you have taken to troubleshoot, etc.

Hey all,

First time writing here. im repairing an x. The air suspension is basically stuck and wont raise even though there is no damage that i can find on any part of the air suspension system. Does anyone know if the air suspension module stores crash data? If so would it cause this issue? My second guess was one of the height sensors need to be replaced. The error message and code i am getting is "Air Suspension Adjustment Unavailable. Suspension may not be level" TAS_a218

Any insight would be appreciated!

Hi,
Any idea what could cause "Cruise not available" and "Autosteer temporarily unavailable"?
Model S 2015 P85DL AP1
Most probably caused by error "DAS_w053_radcCommIssue", already tried to replace front radar and redeploy, but still same errors.

Other related errors:
DAS_w004_accDisabled
DAS_w005_fcwCancelled
DAS_w053_radcCommIssue
DAS_w057_mcuMia (only on Park, disappears on Drive)

From backchannel:

rooter said:
Fragger said:
rooter said:
Yeah, got my site back up and super-secure now. Can start working on content again during this break.
Thank you bud, I'll keep an eye! If you ever change your mind about helping me, please let me know. Thank you!
I'm actually a real estate developer in real life. Don't have time and it's not worth fixing boards. If ce2078 is not responsive try TonyT. LuckyLuke is kind of irresponsible.

My complete security and functionality overhaul of Lunar's scripts is almost done. Includes first-time-ever complete backup of critical files to the IC (and to your home server if you set it up). Lunars offered to update his with my work, but now my work is almost unrecognizable to his, and maybe he's lost interest now. So I'm doing an article. Much credit to MattG for blazing the trail.

To be clear; the Superchargers are effectively dumb devices (12 Model S Gen-2 Chargers in a box). The BMS in the car 100% controls them. So when Tesla disables supercharging on an unsupported vehicle, which is not only salvage, but also grey market cars (when cars are moved out of their home market), they actually reach into your car over the internet connection and change the configuration option to disable it. They are modifying YOUR property without YOUR permission. It would be different if they just weren't delivering power by blocking it on the supercharger side, but no, they alter your car.

If their argument is safety, which of course is valid; then they should offer a free or low-cost high-voltage safety inspection to re-enable it. Supercharging is a paid feature, not unlike upgraded wheels. Them reaching into your car to turn it off, is not unlike Tesla techs showing up in a van in the middle of the night to steal back your upgraded wheels. And the safety argument, especially on a gen2 or newer car is really a tough one, as the car's' diagnostics are so good that any HV (high Voltage) issues would cause a fault alert which would shut down or throttle supercharging to prevent bad things from happening. On Gen1, those cars had non-instrumented HV junction boxes, so it's possible that damage or improper repair in this area could cause a fire during supercharging. (Gen 1 cars are Model S VINs around 30,000 or lower, so not that many cars)

I have worked on over 600 customer cars now and re-enabled supercharging on all of them that have been disabled. I've never had one of them have anything dangerous happen as a result. I work with the owners to assess the condition of the HV system to make sure it's safe to do so.

I have had a handful of customers go though the expensive inspection process only to be told; "Sorry, no supercharging for you", even though the car passed. Now that Tesla has finally agreed to sell parts to unsupported VINs, there is no point paying them for an expensive inspection, as you really don't gain much. (Only that Tesla will agree to preform repairs on your HV system!)

In September Tesla issued this: (Note the last sentence on the first page which says they WILL sell parts, and the last sentence on the second page, which is no Supercharging for you, EVER!)

pic

pic
Hello I have salvage Tesla model S 2017 with a common problem - recently Tesla turned me off supercharging. Can you help with this?

Hello I have salvage Tesla model S 2017 with a common problem - recently Tesla turned me off supercharging. Can you help with this?
I know you’re new but you quoted ingineer giving a pretty good overview. There are a ton of posts going into even more detail, but the short answer is enter into a long lawsuit against Tesla or simply pay someone like ingineer to reverse Tesla’s hack into your car and turn off your modem so they can’t do it again. Good luck.

This is again proof that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure: if you’d researched Tesla’s bad actions towards salvage cars, you might not have bought your car or at least shut off your modem before they could hack you.

But I’m not blaming you, nor you should feel badly, because no one should expect that a very large publicly-traded company would so blatantly flout the law.

I posted this in another thread, but thought it might be seen by more folks of interest here.

I have a PDF dump of the Tesla Model X Service Manuals, TSB and Wiring diagrams. Even if you don't have an X it may come in handy for common processes. I undertook the mission to get this when I couldn't even find a good breakout of fuses. Such basic info that is being withheld.

Anyways, I know have this uploaded as a torrent and you can grab the torrent by going to this website anonymousfiles.io and then adding this to the end of the URL /Ulc7phMb/

The forum software won't let me add the direct link.

If anyone that downloads it would be so kind to seed it for a while that will help. I also should have the Model S and Model 3 service manuals soon too.

I should have it listed on most of the popular torrent search sites over the next week in case the direct link goes missing.

I posted this in another thread, but thought it might be seen by more folks of interest here.

I have a PDF dump of the Tesla Model X Service Manuals, TSB and Wiring diagrams. Even if you don't have an X it may come in handy for common processes. I undertook the mission to get this when I couldn't even find a good breakout of fuses. Such basic info that is being withheld.

Anyways, I know have this uploaded as a torrent and you can grab the torrent by going to this website anonymousfiles.io and then adding this to the end of the URL /Ulc7phMb/

The forum software won't let me add the direct link.

If anyone that downloads it would be so kind to seed it for a while that will help. I also should have the Model S and Model 3 service manuals soon too.

I should have it listed on most of the popular torrent search sites over the next week in case the direct link goes missing.
Malware warning. Do you have a different, safer site you can use?

I don't. Anonymousfiles.io is a actually a widely respected site for zero tracking uploads. It's only as dangerous as the file you download. But eitherway you need to trust the torrent content and I suspect if you have a webfilter/AV thats warning you about Anonymousfiles.io your getting have troubles with the Torrent being blocked as well.

But rest assured, the website itself does not push or infect with malware. Thats not how it works.

I know you’re new but you quoted ingineer giving a pretty good overview. There are a ton of posts going into even more detail, but the short answer is enter into a long lawsuit against Tesla or simply pay someone like ingineer to reverse Tesla’s hack into your car and turn off your modem so they can’t do it again. Good luck.

This is again proof that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure: if you’d researched Tesla’s bad actions towards salvage cars, you might not have bought your car or at least shut off your modem before they could hack you.

But I’m not blaming you, nor you should feel badly, because no one should expect that a very large publicly-traded company would so blatantly flout the law.
Thank you for answer! Maybe you

Thanks for the answer! Maybe you know someone who can hack my Tesla and unlock the supercharger in south Florida. (North Miami, Hollywood)

Hi Everyone.

I've been on the forum before but this is a new profile due to security concerns. What i'm about to say will be of great interest to all of you.
I have a court case against Tesla which will be covering the following issues. The vehicle is a salvage vehicle that was in their care.

• Gross mishandling of my vehicle to the extent that they've caused degradation to the battery pack. They left the battery pack fully discharged for nearly 6 months.

• Unfair terms and conditions in the salvage high voltage safety inspection document

• New terms and conditions blocking the vehicle from third party fast charging

• The safety issues and software limiting of the 85kw battery pack

Tesla could be reading this and i don't want to divulge anymore in a public forum but if you feel that you could support this case with your knowledge or experiences or even documents then please PM me.

Hi Everyone.

I've been on the forum before but this is a new profile due to security concerns. What i'm about to say will be of great interest to all of you.
I have a court case against Tesla which will be covering the following issues. The vehicle is a salvage vehicle that was in their care.

• Gross mishandling of my vehicle to the extent that they've caused degradation to the battery pack. They left the battery pack fully discharged for nearly 6 months.

• Unfair terms and conditions in the salvage high voltage safety inspection document

• New terms and conditions blocking the vehicle from third party fast charging

• The safety issues and software limiting of the 85kw battery pack

Tesla could be reading this and i don't want to divulge anymore in a public forum but if you feel that you could support this case with your knowledge or experiences or even documents then please PM me.
Biggest question for your lawyer is to what did you agree? My understanding is that Tesla tries to get owners to sign away all DC charging capability as part of their HV inspection. If you signed such an agreement, then your outcome may be very different from those owners whose cars were hacked by Telsa without permission to remove all DC charging.