Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, salvage rescuers. My 2014 AutoPilot Model S came with no front bumper at all, and only 2 front park sensors still attached to the wiring harness. I know I'll need a harness (this one's pretty wrecked), and I plan on replacing the hood and bumper with the facelift version. I think my center radar module is fine, but I read somewhere that there are two different front park sensors, and I'm not sure if that's accurate or whether or not that applies to my car. So far my list of parts to purchase includes bumper, harness, 2 parking sensors, louvres, and fog lights. I'm not sure what fasteners I need for all that. Does anyone know if I'm missing anything, or know where I can find an exploded view with an accompanying parts list?

Hello, salvage rescuers. My 2014 AutoPilot Model S came with no front bumper at all, and only 2 front park sensors still attached to the wiring harness. I know I'll need a harness (this one's pretty wrecked), and I plan on replacing the hood and bumper with the facelift version. I think my center radar module is fine, but I read somewhere that there are two different front park sensors, and I'm not sure if that's accurate or whether or not that applies to my car. So far my list of parts to purchase includes bumper, harness, 2 parking sensors, louvres, and fog lights. I'm not sure what fasteners I need for all that. Does anyone know if I'm missing anything, or know where I can find an exploded view with an accompanying parts list?
Buy the ones with the white back. The ones with the black back don't work. I don't know the part number but Ill look

Let me answer some of your questions:

- I think Toolbox2 can reset the SRS, I would need to check. I'm sure it can reset the TAS. A T-Can Pro can reset both of them. In your Model X, I think you wouldn't need to disassemble anything. I don't know about Toolbox3, but the only time I checked I found it quite limited (the external version available to us if we pay).

- If I'm not mistaken, you're working on a 2016 Model X. If it has MCU1 (the Tegra one) it can be easily rooted. That would solve all your woes with supercharging/DC charging (I would recommend that you don't supercharge, though). Then you could install the CCS ECU. You can follow my thread and the Model X thread.

- For rooting MCU1, ask @LayZ in this forum. There are (old) tutorials around that were nice while they lasted, but they don't work any more.

- Tesla won't help you enabling any kind of DC charging in a salvage car. If the people of the service center near you are nice enough, you'll be able to buy parts and service your car normally.

- I would not spend money on a CHAdeMO adapter, get CCS.

I have a T-Can for rent, but it's currently rented. I also have Toolbox2 access, but I'm in Utah. If you lived closer, I would be very willing to help you.
so I also live in utah and got my SC wrongfully taken away and have a 2015 85d with mcu1. can you help me with fixing this?

Hi. How are you? I’m new on that forum . Bought 2021 tesla model s plaid . Airbag not deployed but under the car on a back passenger side was damage to high voltage cable and I think that blew pyrofuse ( front passenger side, under the car , battery location, fuse found on wbay $300) also 12V battery was dead ( I think had some fuse inside ) bought new from Tesla to my friend tesla plaid vin number, main battery 52% charge ( also car sold no key and was say locked , found key in zip lock bag under the hood ) Car want start and ask for update system . If somebody can help me to find this part high voltage cable Hv cable 109634400c. Thank You
Also bought hood from 2020 teal model s, hood little bit shorter (

Hi Guys, does anyone knows what else need to be reset or cleared after a crash for 2021 Tesla S. Phyrofuse replaced, SRS reset But I still have contractor open and I have:
VCFRONT_a192_vehicle loadshed
VCBATT_a191_exitdrivelow12w
VCBATT_a402_LVBMS_mosfet_open
VCBATT_a495_LVbatteryrecoveryblocked
Thanks in advance guys

Hello Group

So I got royally screwed it seems. Just bought a 2018 MS 100d. Dealer told me it had a "branded" title because it was a theft recovery. I was adamant that I needed supercharging and they told me it was working. After being told multiple times SC would be fine and never be a problem, I flew from L.A. to Salt Lake to get the car. 1st thing I did was plug it in at a supercharger. WORKS!!! Hooray (or so I thought.) Longer story short, Car left me stranded 100 miles from home this past weekend. I was told someone here may be able to help me get DC fast charging back at least? Also looking at taking action against the dealer.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Hello Group

So I got royally screwed it seems. Just bought a 2018 MS 100d. Dealer told me it had a "branded" title because it was a theft recovery. I was adamant that I needed supercharging and they told me it was working. After being told multiple times SC would be fine and never be a problem, I flew from L.A. to Salt Lake to get the car. 1st thing I did was plug it in at a supercharger. WORKS!!! Hooray (or so I thought.) Longer story short, Car left me stranded 100 miles from home this past weekend. I was told someone here may be able to help me get DC fast charging back at least? Also looking at taking action against the dealer.

Tesla is notorious for cutting off branded titles from supercharging. Depending upon the prior damage, you can pay them a moderate fee (last I checked was ~$1500, but don't quote me on that) for them to do a "high voltage" inspection and they may turn it back on for you on a pay-per-charge basis. This ensures the car was repaired to Tesla's standards, and is safe to plug into their charging network. Best to take the car into a service center and ask for more details.

2018 Model S's never had unlimited free supercharging (not the kind that would transfer). So having someone "turn it back on", at least in the unlimited fashion, would not be legal, and unless you completely disconnect your car from Tesla's network (i.e. no more software updates), Tesla can just reach back in and turn it off again (and they have been known to do this).

• Helpful
Tesla is notorious for cutting off branded titles from supercharging. Depending upon the prior damage, you can pay them a moderate fee (last I checked was ~$1500, but don't quote me on that) for them to do a "high voltage" inspection and they may turn it back on for you on a pay-per-charge basis. This ensures the car was repaired to Tesla's standards, and is safe to plug into their charging network. Best to take the car into a service center and ask for more details.

2018 Model S's never had unlimited free supercharging (not the kind that would transfer). So having someone "turn it back on", at least in the unlimited fashion, would not be legal, and unless you completely disconnect your car from Tesla's network (i.e. no more software updates), Tesla can just reach back in and turn it off again (and they have been known to do this).
Hi. Thanks for that. It was already on a pay-per-charge basis and thats all im hoping for. I never expected the unlimited charging. I just dont want it to leave me stranded like it just did. That really was not a good situation. If there is any recourse for me to get it activated (the proper way), I would gladly do that. I'm also trying to take action against the dealer to perhaps have them buy it back. Just disappointing. Tesla told me that the car was hit also and that may be why it was disabled. Sad that they waited til a week and a half after I had it to do this.

HV recertification won’t reenable SC, unless Tesla changed its policy last week. I’m personally hoping for a change, now they started opening their SC network for other cars, but I still see it as unlikely.
I dont even care if its SC network. I just need ANY sort of DC charging. I cant get to my Mother In Laws house 280 miles away and that is a dealbreaker for the wife.

I dont even care if its SC network. I just need ANY sort of DC charging. I cant get to my Mother In Laws house 280 miles away and that is a dealbreaker for the wife.
You can install the CCS kit, if you can find someone to change the configuration, and use 3rd party DC charging. Although tesla is supposed to remove 3rd party DC charging for salvage cars as well, there are way less cases, and you have high chances of getting away with it.

• Helpful
Reactions: cleverscreenam