Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did u need to program it to your DUs?
Seem to recall reading somewhere that key/bcm/du all needed to match...
Nope, powered right up and drives. Mine is a 2014 single rear drive unit, not sure if newer cars have a paired motor controller and BCM, as I think I read the same thing someplace.
i would think the blown pyro wouldn't let them get it powered up so that's interesting...
care to share how was the process of getting a key?
I used some wire in place of the pyro to get it moving before I had a replacement fuse, but the 12 volt systems worked fine with the blown fuse. I think some Model S have a pyro or inertial fuse for disabling 12v as well, but that doesn't seem to be the case on mine.

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston
Pretty sure its already rooted, if it has SC re-enabled.

Doubt it. With root u can just lock tesla out but leave app access/internet working. Mine is working this way. No updates tho.

But word of caution, Tesla can still Permanently disable SC even if u rooted, see here:

Better to stay away n use other DC chargers. At the very least, stay away from V3 SCs.
I’ll update tomorrow eve, after I’ve take a look. Cheers

in that case it does sound like they just physically disconnected the car from internet
PM LayZ. He can root/enable DC/SC charging for a reasonable $ and you'll have app access/internet
This is what he responded:

To safeguard free super charging I have the car offline. So, currently you cannot access it via Tesla App. Benifit - Tesla cannot make any changes OTA.

If you want you can make the car online and have the app. However, no guarantee Tesla wouldn’t switch off super charging.

I have paid £450 for this.

I am looking for a help with rooting my Model X with MCU1.
I did some progress already but stuck at redeploying firmware to other components.

As far as I understood @LayZ is an expert in this area but unfortunately I cannot DM him.
Could someone please ask @LayZ to contact me at sergii dot sirenkyi at gmail dot com?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Reactions: LayZ
Hey everyone! What's the general consensus for the supercharging flag Wk057 mentioned previously on twitter? I have an 03/2017 MS That's a MCU1 2021.24.28, it's an unsupported salvaged vehicle with a disconnected 4G modem so the car never found out it shouldn't DCFC. Currently have been using Third Party CCS/CHAdeMO DCFC and have avoided all SC since news of SuC can tell the car not to DCFC at all. Am I safe to use V2 Superchargers but not V3? My understanding is the V2 chargers are the ones with both CCS and Type 2 Cables?

Thanks everyone!

Hi. I'm new at this forum and sorry if my question is not in the right topic.
can someone explain me how to root tesla model s 2015? I found this in internet: A Step-By-Step Guide On How To Hack Tesla And Get Root Access - Software Focus, but I can not find the script named obtain_root. what does this script do? I have some advanced linux and programming skills.
thanks
Doesn't matter what their script does, it wouldn't work on any remotely recent firmware version anyway. Root method varies for recent stuff, the main divide is between 2020.36 and older, and 2020.48 and newer. 2020.48 and newer will require a patched bootloader and kernel for persistent root (or another method, there are multiple ways to do this), 2020.36 and older is much easier and only requires write access to the eMMC, which can be achieved with (some) cheap SD card readers.

Hi. I'm new at this forum and sorry if my question is not in the right topic.
can someone explain me how to root tesla model s 2015? I found this in internet: A Step-By-Step Guide On How To Hack Tesla And Get Root Access - Software Focus, but I can not find the script named obtain_root. what does this script do? I have some advanced linux and programming skills.
thanks
also, nobody really sharing how to root due to fear of loosing those loopholes
but if u just need it done, read post #1510, guy can do it for u remotely for very reasonable fee
not sure what are u after but Tesla apparently allows u back on SC now after HV inspection of course, in case this is what u need...

but if u just need it done, read post #1510, guy can do it for u remotely for very reasonable fee
not sure what are u after but Tesla apparently allows u back on SC now after HV inspection of course, in case this is what u need...
Don’t know why, these don’t have secure boot enabled, bootloader patches will always work.

Doesn't matter what their script does, it wouldn't work on any remotely recent firmware version anyway. Root method varies for recent stuff, the main divide is between 2020.36 and older, and 2020.48 and newer. 2020.48 and newer will require a patched bootloader and kernel for persistent root (or another method, there are multiple ways to do this), 2020.36 and older is much easier and only requires write access to the eMMC, which can be achieved with (some) cheap SD card readers.
Thank you for your answer. I bought a salvage tesla model s 2015 on the selvage auction and it is now on the way to me. Before it comes to me, I don't really know what kind of firmware is on it.
It is also interested to know how to get the patched bootloader and kernel. As i understand it is same to get root access on the tesla as on my Iphone with the tethered and untethered jailbreak.

As I already mentioned, my tesla is selvage and also in Tbilisi we have no Tesla official SC. No way to have problems with tesla SC at all :)
I will check the post #1510 and put it on my todo list as an option for rooting opportunity. Thanks

I have one question here about tesla model 3 2020 long range. It's my brother's car and we have bought it also as selvage car!
We can't bind it with the phone App. The car is always offline. Some guys here have told us, that the certs are outdated! Can anyone write me, how can I check the certs? If I will connect the M3 to my router over WiFi and my laptop also and give manually to my laptop's card the ip in 192.168.90.x range, can I connect to the CID IP 192.168.90.100 and get cert info for example with the help of openssl s_client -showcerts -connect 192.168.90.100 or something like this?