Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage flood tesla plaid 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys purchased a 2021 Tesla model s plaid, car currently does nothing.. screen doesnt turn on, car makes no noises, ive plugged charger in wont take a charge... can anyone point me in the right direction to start diagnosing this ( fuses ) ( Relays) (Computers) for corrosion etc.

Hello guys purchased a 2021 Tesla model s plaid, car currently does nothing.. screen doesnt turn on, car makes no noises, ive plugged charger in wont take a charge... can anyone point me in the right direction to start diagnosing this ( fuses ) ( Relays) (Computers) for corrosion etc. Plz help

Not on the plaid, no. I recall reading that there are some leads buried under the nose somewhere, but you might need to try your luck with the search function.
there is a positive and negative connection under the hood, put it on those didnt do anything when plugged in. does the 12v control the screen inside, or does the main battery, i even contacted electrified garage rich rebuilds people and they said they havent fixed a plaid yet.

Hello guys purchased a 2021 Tesla model s plaid, car currently does nothing.. screen doesnt turn on, car makes no noises, ive plugged charger in wont take a charge... can anyone point me in the right direction to start diagnosing this ( fuses ) ( Relays) (Computers) for corrosion etc. Plz help....

Whoa boy. You bit off quite the project, didn’t you. As far as I’m aware, the car doesn’t have fuses outside of the pyro fuse in the high voltage battery pack (which may have blown).

First thing to do is to apply ~15v (greater than 12v, yes) with at least a 20amp service on the 12v emergency connections at the front bumper to power the low voltage system. That may get the computers to boot. The lithium 16v (not 12v!) system won’t charge unless from the high voltage pack with contractors closed. In other words, I think you have a helluva project going but start with low voltage.

Reactions: Rocky_H and cwerdna
First, you're gonna need a steak knife. ;) (apologies up front that post may not be helpful)

Long, I mean L O N G thread here . . . Tons of You-tube videos to sort through. . . super entertaining though:

Whoa boy. You bit off quite the project, didn’t you. As far as I’m aware, the car doesn’t have fuses outside of the pyro fuse in the high voltage battery pack (which may have blown).

First thing to do is to apply ~15v (greater than 12v, yes) with at least a 20amp service on the 12v emergency connections at the front bumper to power the low voltage system. That may get the computers to boot. The lithium 16v (not 12v!) system won’t charge unless from the high voltage pack with contractors closed. In other words, I think you have a helluva project going but start with low voltage.
Hey bud I’m going to try this your saying connect it to the connections that open the frunk correct all I have is a 12v battery charger I put it on 50amp charge

Thats not corewct. The leads under the bunper are to pop the hood only! Anyway. I have fixed 5 dlooded plaids so far. Hit me up if you want help. Not for free obviously.

This might work?