Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Saw one in Colorado

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw one in Colorado

Silverthorne? Or maybe that's an additional sighting in Colorado of the same car and not the same location.

I saw the sighting at Silverthorne. The supercharger in the model 3 photos from post #1789 are not in Colorado, definitely not Silverthorne.

Maybe he meant pix of the same car (seen in the previous video) but now it is somewhere else.

Possibly.

Thanks Erik

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Every red looks a little different. It's kind of maddening.

The one on the video almost looks on the magenta side of red to me, and the other pictures much deeper red.

And I think they're the same car.

I sure hope I can see as many colors as possible in person, in the sun before deciding on color.

Reactions: Big-T
That dude has a hell of a lot more confidence in reverse than I do. I'll need to get some practice before I take delivery of a Model 3.
No need to practice beforehand. Wait until you get the Tesla - the backup camera makes it super easy.

BackupCamera.jpg

No need to practice beforehand. Wait until you get the Tesla - the backup camera makes it super easy.

View attachment 233512
My prius has a backup camera too, it's more of a matter of getting comfortable with the perceived distances in the view. My Prius also doesn't have those guiding lines... Are those accurate as to where the corners of your vehicle will be or are just lines for the heck of it like in some vehicles?

• Funny
Reactions: ORB
That dude has a hell of a lot more confidence in reverse than I do. I'll need to get some practice before I take delivery of a Model 3.

I say the next person who speaks with one of the drivers should simply be blunt, ask what's up with the open windows, and call them out directly. Ask if the AC works or not. Their face should give away the answer immediately if they don't verbally confirm.

He probably just has a lot more confidence and I wouldnt be surprised if the mirrors tilt down and he has a reverse camera. Most americans just never reverse park. I suspect as he is a Tesla employee he probably spends a lot of time reverse parking the car into superchargers or other parking bays.

Reactions: e-FTW

As someone who was very afraid of having to back into a crowded supercharger stall in public before buying my car, I can say now that what he did was cake. I actually prefer to back my car in now since then I don't have to worry about the front bumper on high curbs.

The combo of the giant screen and the tracking lines makes it pretty easy. I have my reverse setting on my side mirrors set so that I can see the side of my car (for checking corners) and I am golden. I started by backing into spaces with no cars adjacent so I could learn to trust the tracking lines. Now, I would feel comfortable backing into the end supercharger at Burbank which is around a corner and there is no way to get a straight shot at. (When I first test drove, it was at Burbank which was packed and I thought "oh, no, I can't BACK into a supercharger in these conditions!")

As my husband reminds be often, I am not some super skilled driver with excellent depth perception or anything, so if I can do it, anyone can. ;)

Huh, I figured for $35k only the X and S would have a reverse gear. Maybe with the 3 it comes with the tech package or something. I wasn't too keen to hop out and push anyway.

Has anybody noticed the person's shoulder moving (ie cranking) when the windows go up and down?

;)

Actually, even the Model S and the Model X don't have a reverse gear. They just spin the motor(s) backwards.

• Informative
Reactions: shrspeedblade
As someone who was very afraid of having to back into a crowded supercharger stall in public before buying my car, I can say now that what he did was cake. I actually prefer to back my car in now since then I don't have to worry about the front bumper on high curbs.

The combo of the giant screen and the tracking lines makes it pretty easy. I have my reverse setting on my side mirrors set so that I can see the side of my car (for checking corners) and I am golden. I started by backing into spaces with no cars adjacent so I could learn to trust the tracking lines. Now, I would feel comfortable backing into the end supercharger at Burbank which is around a corner and there is no way to get a straight shot at. (When I first test drove, it was at Burbank which was packed and I thought "oh, no, I can't BACK into a supercharger in these conditions!")

As my husband reminds be often, I am not some super skilled driver with excellent depth perception or anything, so if I can do it, anyone can. ;)
And don't you find that pulling out of a spot (forward) is much easier and safer this way?

Reactions: Az_Rael and Chris L

Most likely the same backup camera as in the Model S. You get a very nice wide angle view of what's behind the car, with very accurate guiding lines. If you want to practice, wait untill you get your Model 3.

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset
Regarding the open windows, do you think they are test driving the cars without AC to get a sample reading of range with the AC off? I know the Tesla's S webpage has that Range Per Charge animation that let's you calculate based on various aspects including AC off.