Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Say no to Saudi Arabia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the status of morality for doing business with China?

There's a new report that from 2010 to 2012, China was able to figure out who were CIA agents across its country. It rounded them up and executed them off. The low estimate is about 30 CIA agents.

I guess it is hard to find a perfect country to do business with.

What's the status of morality for doing business with China?

There's a new report that from 2010 to 2012, China was able to figure out who were CIA agents across its country. It rounded them up and executed them off. The low estimate is about 30 CIA agents.

I guess it is hard to find a perfect country to do business with.

This isn't about China, USA, Somalia, or any other country. We're talking about Saudi Arabia.

And yes, I avoid buying Chinese products when there is a western-made/built alternative.

Do you guys think that firmware v9 will have racial segregation/religious profiling function? How will it know what lane to choose?

main-qimg-75738ab418d5db2341c567beb36d9cd7-c

Do you guys think that firmware v9 will have racial segregation/religious profiling function? How will it know what lane to choose?

I was pretty sure I knew what the Arabic translation of that sign was, and I was pretty sure it wasn't "For Non-Muslims". So I looked it up.

Sure enough --
Kafir - Wikipedia

It says Kafir, which means
"unbeliever", or "disbeliever". The term[1] alludes to a person who rejects or disbelieves in God according to the teachings of the Islamic prophet

This is a derogatory term to most observant Muslims.

Good times.

But just to balance things out a bit -- that sign is a sign to Mecca, and Muslims are super weird about who prays and where they pray, so the fact they'd ban Kefir's from certain areas of Mecca is by no means unusual. I'm not sure what the Israeli's policy on letting Palestinians into the area of the wailing wall is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar. They'd probably be a good deal more diplomatic about it tho.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka

I've thought about this and I think Tesla should just imitate Apple. When China wants access to user data
in order to crack down on political opponents or homosexuals, Apple gladly hands it over. If Saudi Arabia
needs phone information to use in stoning people, Apple will give it to them. All they have to do is come out with the
occasional pronouncement "We believe privacy is a fundamental human right" and all is well! No problems!
Tesla need not worry, forge ahead. :mad:

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I'm not sure what the Israeli's policy on letting Palestinians into the area of the wailing wall is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar. They'd probably be a good deal more diplomatic about it tho.

In a nutshell, Israel prevents JEWS from praying on the Temple Mount. It is under control of the Muslim Waqf and only Muslims can pray there. Just FYI.

"Jewish prayer on Temple Mount is completely forbidden. Jews may enter only to visit the place, and only at limited times. Muslims are free to pray on Temple Mount, however, Christians and Jews may only visit the site as tourists. They are forbidden from singing, praying, or making any kind of "religious displays".[17] During times of political tension and fear of riots, on Fridays and some Jewish or Muslim Holy Days entry to the Haram area is restricted to Muslim men over a certain age, which varies according to decisions taken by security officials. The restrictions do not concern Muslim women, who can enter regardless of their age.[18]

Temple Mount entry restrictions - Wikipedia

In a nutshell, Israel prevents JEWS from praying on the Temple Mount. It is under control of the Muslim Waqf and only Muslims can pray there. Just FYI.

"Jewish prayer on Temple Mount is completely forbidden. Jews may enter only to visit the place, and only at limited times. Muslims are free to pray on Temple Mount, however, Christians and Jews may only visit the site as tourists. They are forbidden from singing, praying, or making any kind of "religious displays".[17] During times of political tension and fear of riots, on Fridays and some Jewish or Muslim Holy Days entry to the Haram area is restricted to Muslim men over a certain age, which varies according to decisions taken by security officials. The restrictions do not concern Muslim women, who can enter regardless of their age.[18]

Temple Mount entry restrictions - Wikipedia

oh come on, let's not go down that road.... I'm talking about the Western Wall, not the wider issue of who has what in that crazy land that is the ME... Jews are fully allowed to pray at the Western Wall.

oh come on, let's not go down that road.... I'm talking about the Western Wall, not the wider issue of who has what in that crazy land that is the ME... Jews are fully allowed to pray at the Western Wall.

Oops, my bad. I didn't notice that you were asking about the Western Wall. I thought you were talking about the Temple Mount. It's a common misconception (conspiracy theory) that Israel is trying to prevent Muslims from praying at their holy place, so I auto-read it as though you were asking that and responded to that. Jews are definitely allowed to pray at the Western Wall. I'm not sure what you mean by 'going down that road'. You were earlier implying that Israel is just like Saudi Arabia, and that could not be further from the truth. I'm not interested in arguing about this, thanks. Worn out.

Oops, my bad. I didn't notice that you were asking about the Western Wall. I thought you were talking about the Temple Mount. It's a common misconception (conspiracy theory) that Israel is trying to prevent Muslims from praying at their holy place, so I auto-read it as though you were asking that and responded to that. Jews are definitely allowed to pray at the Western Wall. I'm not sure what you mean by 'going down that road'. You were earlier implying that Israel is just like Saudi Arabia, and that could not be further from the truth. I'm not interested in arguing about this, thanks. Worn out.

As you're Jewish.... this is the question I was asking -- are Muslims allowed to visit the Western Wall?

As you're Jewish.... this is the question I was asking -- are Muslims allowed to visit the Western Wall?

As far as I know Muslims (or anyone else) are allowed entry anywhere, including the Western Wall. It's all part of the same complex, since it was the original site of the Jewish temple before the Romans destroyed it in 70AD. After the Muslims conquered the Holy Land in 637 A.D. they built their mosque on top of the ruins, thus they are located in the same place. I think the Western Wall is one corner of this complex.

It's a common myth that Israel oppresses Muslim's right to prayer when the reverse is true, they protect their right to pray, that's what I was trying to say.

Jews are not allowed to pray in the Muslim site (the original Jewish temple, now a mosque). This is bothersome to some religious Jews, but of no interest to me personally. Just wanted to correct any misconception that Israel is in any way like Saudi Arabia.

Reactions: Sean Wagner
As far as I know Muslims (or anyone else) are allowed entry anywhere, including the Western Wall. It's all part of the same complex, since it was the original site of the Jewish temple before the Romans destroyed it in 70AD. After the Muslims conquered the Holy Land in 637 A.D. they built their mosque on top of the remains, thus they are located in the same place. I think the Western Wall is one corner of this complex.

It's a common myth that Israel oppresses Muslim's right to prayer when the reverse is true, they protect their right to pray, that's what I was trying to say.

Jews are not allowed to pray in the Muslim site (the original Jewish temple, now a mosque). This is bothersome to some religious Jews, but of no interest to me personally. Just wanted to correct any misconception that Israel is in any way like Saudi Arabia.

I'd no idea about any of this (except the history of the Temple Mount complex), or of the political slant of who can do what where, was just asking as I thought it'd make for an interesting comparison with Saudi policy.