Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen burn-in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No burn in should happen, as others have explained but please post a picture and we can check it for you.

By the way...this is an automotive grade panel that is tested to withstand the harsh environments of a vehicle (vibration, always on, and extreme temperatures) so it would be surprising to see burn in on this and since it's an LCD panel, highly unlikely.

I posted this phenomenon in the holiday thread. I have that same oval "burn in" as well as a circle burn in mark that appears about a car-length in front of the vehicle when driving. They are both very very faint but noticeable if you stare up close. I've tried to reboot the display and it doesn't help. I'm in the agreement this is a screen artifact when the UI people "saved" the graphics/background for the visualization screen.

My car has the 44.30 update pending - I will upgrade later and see if that fixes it.

All screens have burn in, doesnt matter if it is LCD, OLED, Plasma or CRT. They all do it.
Burn-in and image retention are two different things. Not all instances of image retention (temporary) are burn-in (permanent).

I've not seen burn in on any modern display aside from those left on at a restaurant 24x7, but I usually see full screen failure (or backlighting issues) and not burn in.

Regardless, it's doubtful it's burn in OR image retention. Strange that OP hasn't posted a photo. I'd like to see them open Netflix or something that takes up the whole screen and see if the image is retained in that portion -- unlikely.

Burn-in and image retention are two different things. Not all instances of image retention (temporary) are burn-in (permanent).

I've not seen burn in on any modern display aside from those left on at a restaurant 24x7, but I usually see full screen failure (or backlighting issues) and not burn in.
We have a 25" iMac at work on which someone disabled the screensaver and it's experienced some burn-in (or really prolonged image retention)