Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat buttons damaged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So there are now two of us who drive my M3. Me and my good lady wife.

Between both of us it seems that something has accidentally caught and ripped off the passenger seat button. Arrrrfgggh!!

It’s like oh I don’t know a handbag strap has latched onto the button and on yanking it out of the car it has broken the button clean off.

I’ve looked and it’s not possible to clip it back on.

My choice of personal daily luggage is a wallet in my back pocket. Rolls eyes.

So on the subject of wallet what can I expect to pay?

Hopefully a mobile tech can come and replace the broken parts. I hope to God it’s not a whole new seat.

Anyone have any experience of this?

Whilst a divorce is clearly more satisfying is surely more costly than the seat button.

First she scuffed the alloy several weeks ago now it’s the seat. I am not in a good place.

• Funny
Reactions: NewbieT
****wee screamy face****

E3F119CB-0AC2-4380-9411-3C4359676387.jpeg

I’ve just booked a mobile technician for Monday 22nd August. Not too long to wait thankfully. Hate when things are treated with such disrespect.

Accidents happen of course and on reflection my wife did give a lift to her nonagenarian mother last week. Goodness knows what she did when trying to get in and: or out of the car.

Guess I’ll have to suck it up.

I never thought I’d be able to get parts and do it myself. Sighs I’ll look into it in more detail later.

Thanks everyone. I’ll post the outcome later. Sure I won’t be the last this happens to.

Do it yourself, and do it properly replacing any plastic for solid steel parts.

That way, it'll be the handbag/dress that rips in future and you won't have to pay :)

• Funny
Reactions: JamesG601
It's been done a few times, have seen posts about it in various places. As has been set this part of the seat is a module that attaches to the inside of the seat base. I don't think it's a big job.

If it were me, unless you're handy, I'd just get Tesla to do it. That way you have a warranty in case anything gets damaged in the process of taking the seat apart.

Reactions: init6 and Katic1972
I had the same issue with the seat buttons - booked a Mobile Ranger and he rocked up and sorted it in about 30 min - my recollection is that is was about £100 all in.

Which brings me to another thing, as I was looking for the invoice...

I have tried to look back for the old invoice on the app and on the web, and I simply can't find a way to locate any old invoices - I can see the service appointments in the app, and whether they are completed or cancelled, but none have links to be able to download the invoice (or anything). I'm *sure* that you used to be able to click on an appointment and download the PDF...

I'm on Android, app version 4.11.2-1215

Sooo the mobile appointment was today and true to their word the mobile tech turned up to swap out the offending flimsy part. Unfortunately the parts dept gave her a drivers side unit to fit but of course it’s the passenger side. Hey ho, on we go but it is at least a non cost repair. There was also a boot strut o-ring being swapped/ replaced also.

Next appointment with the correct part is 29/08.

Despite being away on holiday the Tesla tech turned up to my house and completed the job yesterday. I have to say the whole experience is first class. Ok they errored in getting the wrong part for the first visit but *sugar* happens, however job now done and remarkably free of charge. I also messaged the engineer and asked if he could plug the car into my home charge point. It was on yellow with 15% left. It just avoids any doubt that it’d wake when I return next week.

First class service from Tesla.

That said the part must be on the flimsy side and they know this to be an issue.

Anyhoo I’m not complaining. Jobs a goodun.