TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Seat headrest doesn't stay down

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by PGeer, Aug 3, 2017.

1. PGeer

PGeer Member

My wife is short, but likes having the front passenger seat far back (room for "purse" which is really a large basket.) Of course, the original X seats moved the head rests automatically - move the seat back, head rest goes up. A great example of over automation, assuming the only reason for head rest position is related to height of person.

So I was delighted when they changed it to a manual setting. Push the round lumbar support button and you get a choice. Use it to raise or lower lumbar support OR raise or lower the headrest. Problem fixed!

Except that every time the car starts, the headrest goes back up!

Am I the only one? Or is this a design error?

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

It's supposed to be set as part of your profile. Is that set correctly with the fob for her? If it's still 'resetting', I'd have the SC look at it. (That is, if other settings change for her fob as opposed to yours...).

3. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I don't think the Passenger Seat configuration is stored in the Driver's Profile, but I could be wrong.

4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

My bad, missed that... definitely... the profile is for the driver's configuration. I was wondering where the purse went with the seat all the way back, and didn't catch she was putting it on the *other* seat. :D

It really wouldn't work that you would get in the car, and all the seats would move to some predetermined position!

5. Padelford

Padelford Member

My headrest is set in my driver profile as all the way down, yet I'm constantly finding it in the mid position after I leave the vehicle and return. If I reload my profile, the headrest goes down.

6. DarkMatter

DarkMatter Member

I've noticed this as well. There seems to be a threshold for how far back you can go before it happens. We solved it by putting the seat slightly further forward. Now it does not go up automatically every time. Still an annoying little bug.

7. Padelford

Padelford Member

Thanks for the response. I'll try that trick tomorrow.