Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat headrest doesn't stay down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife is short, but likes having the front passenger seat far back (room for "purse" which is really a large basket.) Of course, the original X seats moved the head rests automatically - move the seat back, head rest goes up. A great example of over automation, assuming the only reason for head rest position is related to height of person.

So I was delighted when they changed it to a manual setting. Push the round lumbar support button and you get a choice. Use it to raise or lower lumbar support OR raise or lower the headrest. Problem fixed!

Except that every time the car starts, the headrest goes back up!

Am I the only one? Or is this a design error?

I don't think the Passenger Seat configuration is stored in the Driver's Profile, but I could be wrong.
My bad, missed that... definitely... the profile is for the driver's configuration. I was wondering where the purse went with the seat all the way back, and didn't catch she was putting it on the *other* seat. :D

It really wouldn't work that you would get in the car, and all the seats would move to some predetermined position!

My headrest is set in my driver profile as all the way down, yet I'm constantly finding it in the mid position after I leave the vehicle and return. If I reload my profile, the headrest goes down.

I've noticed this as well. There seems to be a threshold for how far back you can go before it happens. We solved it by putting the seat slightly further forward. Now it does not go up automatically every time. Still an annoying little bug.

Elon just tweeted that they would add headrest settings to the profile which confuses me completely, as I thought that it was supposed to already be that way and those that had it not working (some, not all) were a bug.

Haven't some people had headrest settings saved in their profile?!