TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Seatbelt installed backwards

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by jeffs47, Jan 11, 2016.

1. jeffs47

jeffs47 Member

I've had my Model S 70 for a little over a month and have been pretty happy with the car (though I did have an issue on delivery where the door would pop open every time I unlocked the car). I've always thought the seatbelt "felt funny", so today I compared it to the passenger side, and what do you know? It's installed the wrong way! I'll call tomorrow to make an appointment for this, as well as the driver's side seat being loose (it "clunks" when you move around, hit a speed bump, etc).

It might be worth making sure all of yours are facing the right way!

IMG_1630.JPG

2. Sparktz

Sparktz Member

I am pretty sure you can fix this yourself in 10 seconds. Grab the seat belt and fold it over itself, then slide the buckle down over the fold. Viola! It has flipped over to the correct side. I have to do this all the time to the kiddos baby seat seatbelt buckle.

3. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Yep. My FIL flipped it accidentally, and I realized later and flipped it back.

4. jeffs47

jeffs47 Member

Wow! Now I feel pretty dumb ;). You're right, it only took me 2 minutes to fix the issue! For the seat being loose, the SC has to order a new one so it'll be a couple of weeks. Seem weird that they need to replace the entire seat, but it seems to be the norm for the issue.

• Like x 1
  5. ddimit

ddimit Member

Happened to me as well quick fix. Almost as embarrassing as being at the service center and asking them why my blower speed only went up to 8 and the loaner i had went to 11. Range mode egg on my face :crying: