Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seatbelt installed backwards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model S 70 for a little over a month and have been pretty happy with the car (though I did have an issue on delivery where the door would pop open every time I unlocked the car). I've always thought the seatbelt "felt funny", so today I compared it to the passenger side, and what do you know? It's installed the wrong way! I'll call tomorrow to make an appointment for this, as well as the driver's side seat being loose (it "clunks" when you move around, hit a speed bump, etc).

It might be worth making sure all of yours are facing the right way!

IMG_1630.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: lunitiks
I am pretty sure you can fix this yourself in 10 seconds. Grab the seat belt and fold it over itself, then slide the buckle down over the fold. Viola! It has flipped over to the correct side. I have to do this all the time to the kiddos baby seat seatbelt buckle.

Yep. My FIL flipped it accidentally, and I realized later and flipped it back.

Wow! Now I feel pretty dumb ;). You're right, it only took me 2 minutes to fix the issue! For the seat being loose, the SC has to order a new one so it'll be a couple of weeks. Seem weird that they need to replace the entire seat, but it seems to be the norm for the issue.

Reactions: cvrcv
Don't fret, we all can be a dunce once in a while.
I went on the acceleration shudder thread to complain about my S doing the same thing.
Then I checked my settings and noticed the "lane warning" was set to "on". I had changed it a couple days before while playing with the settings and forgot to change it back. 3 days later I'm complaining about a shudder (only seemed to happen while changing lanes w/o a signal) :)
I went back to the thread to explain my idiocy.
Maybe we should start a doofus thread?

Has anyone flipped the buckle on their X seats? I was trying for 10 minutes on our second-row seat, but the buckle opening is so narrow that it won't let the folded part in.. I guess I gotta keep trying.

Take a look at what you'll get with it flipped.

I'm pretty sure my right center seat really needs the service center to fix it - rolling the buckle around will just move the twist between the shoulder and lap portions, but either way one will be twisted.

Either the lower mount or the reel needs to be reversed on mine.

Take a look at what you'll get with it flipped.

I'm pretty sure my right center seat really needs the service center to fix it - rolling the buckle around will just move the twist between the shoulder and lap portions, but either way one will be twisted.

Either the lower mount or the reel needs to be reversed on mine.

You're right. I finally flipped the buckle, but the belt is not correct. Will need the SC to fix it in the chair.