Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second failed WOF in 2 years (2019 Tesla Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my 2019 Model 3 to Tesla Service for a WOF yesterday, and for second year in a row it has failed.

Last year it was lateral arm bushes worn and this year it was front compliance arms - both times replaced free under warranty, so all good.

I guess next year's failed WOF, I will be paying for the fix, as my warranty expires this year.

I remember failing warrants as a teenager in my second hand dungers all the time, but a 4 year old car failing 2 years in a row was not what I expected.

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron and Miggy
Took my 2019 Model 3 to Tesla Service for a WOF yesterday, and for second year in a row it has failed.

Last year it was lateral arm bushes worn and this year it was front compliance arms - both times replaced free under warranty, so all good.

I guess next year's failed WOF, I will be paying for the fix, as my warranty expires this year.

I remember failing warrants as a teenager in my second hand dungers all the time, but a 4 year old car failing 2 years in a row was not what I expected.
I thought only the colour was cheap quality... seems few of the parts are also cheap quality... mechanical parts have limited life, but rare to find parts failing WOF under 80000-100000KM...

That worries me, i’ve had both of the front suspension components replaced under warranty in 2021 and 2022 but i’m out of warranty at 3 years old. My original wof is due next month.
Either your commute is off road or so many parts are not up-to standard....
I am thinking of upgrading my Model 3 to Model Y. so will never know WOF failures for current Model 3.

That is a worry, I have my WOF coming up in September

That worries me, i’ve had both of the front suspension components replaced under warranty in 2021 and 2022 but i’m out of warranty at 3 years old. My original wof is due next month.
I think I'd try CGA if it failed. Unless you do huge mileage or go off roading having to replace suspension parts every year does not seem to meet fit for purpose criteria.

Reactions: Audietron and m3lol
Ask Tesla what the warranty is on replacement parts and labour as Tesla will have warranty cover.
12 months/ 20k km on most things, I think:

(scroll down to Parts).

But yes potentially useful to those who have work at this stage just before the Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty expires.

• Informative
Reactions: Ecoli
Had first WOF last week, both rear bushes and knuckles replaced, only 33K since new in 2020. Doesn't fill with me confidence, mostly urban driving fair few speed bumps around but pretty careful about those. Rarely have anyone in the back and no load carrying, can't figure it out.

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron
Had first WOF last week, both rear bushes and knuckles replaced, only 33K since new in 2020. Doesn't fill with me confidence, mostly urban driving fair few speed bumps around but pretty careful about those. Rarely have anyone in the back and no load carrying, can't figure it out.
Out of interest, did you get an in voice showing what the parts would have cost? I'm assuming knuckles wouldn't be cheap.

Interesting.... Mine is around 31K and selling in a month... hopefully 21 September model had better parts compared to earlier models.

Interesting thread: 35k km and front upper control arms needed replacing, bit surprising.
Not cheap if you're paying, I heard the Service Desk quoting some guy around $1500 over the phone.
I'll make sure to fail the WOF for the rears before the warranty runs out early next year!

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron