Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

see you soon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this is going to be fun! i am looking forward to meeting everyone!
TeslaSmiley.jpg

Geez, after a month or two ago scheduling for a weeklong trip for business in the bay area for next week, now I'm realizing I'm going to be arriving in the area after all the fun is over! :(

Are there any events scheduled (formal or informal) for Monday evening or afterwards?

this is going to be fun! i am looking forward to meeting everyone!
View attachment 25365

Great to see you here Leilani!
I am one of the 20 members of founder circles. Would you be offering a ride to demonstrate the racing capability of the Model S? :) I once sat in my good friend David Chow's ( I think he is a semi pro) Model S in Atlanta, and his driving just blown me away. That is what prompted me to this argument:

Truth or Myth #10: Forget about Great America; just take your kids for a Tesla drive.

in my article:
Truth Or Myth: Most People Still Don't Get Tesla

Would love to see and feel how you spin the Model S!!

Would you be offering a ride to demonstrate the racing capability of the Model S? :) I once sat in my good friend David Chow's ( I think he is a semi pro) Model S in Atlanta, and his driving just blown me away. /…/

Would love to see and feel how you spin the Model S!!

If you do, perhaps you could film it... Here’s some inspiration of what that could look like. For example between 2:25 and 2:52…

I realize this Fifth Gear segment with Vicki Butler Henderson is a professional production, and since I kind of have no idea of what it takes to film something like this at an amateur level – and get a decent level of sound quality – I of course also realize it may be a lot easier said than done. Especially as TESLIVE is only two days away…

But perhaps you could get some help from Tesla with setting up a P85+ and then it would just be Leilani driving and putting a bunch Tesla grins on three or four lucky passengers.

Maybe you ‘only’ need three cameras mounted with suction devices (?) inside the car.

One filming Leilani in the same angle as the one camera filming Vicki Butler-Henderson in the clip above. That angle seems to be good for capturing the driving plus it also seems to give a very good sensation of speed.

A second capturing as much of the Tesla grins on the passengers as possible,

and the third perhaps pointing forward showing the road ahead somehow. Maybe through the windscreen, or perhaps a better position would be to put it inside the car but stuck as far back on the pano roof as possible. It would look something like 2:55 in the clip above but sit higher and hopefully get a better angle. The pano will also hopefully not make that shot as dark as in the Panamera.

And perhaps also one or two people with cameras along the closed road filming at a bend where it could perhaps go a little sideways. See for example 2:43 – 2:48.

But again, I of course realize it’s just two days away – and that I really don’t know how much work it takes to make something like this. Just thought I could throw it out there… :rolleyes:

Something like this should be able to get quite a few hits on Youtube me thinks.

Perhaps Tesla could even pull some strings with Google or something to make it good enough for Vimeo…

Last edited by a moderator:
Have fun all. Wish I could be there. Don't forget to bring home presents for those of us who couldn't attend :biggrin:
Presents? Will dog treats be enough?

I am heading to OHare this afternoon in a Tesla. Not mine.

Locally, we now have limo service using a Tesla ... Watts on Wheels - Home run by Gino, a local member.

I have no financial interest in his company, except that know him from our group, and am a paying customer.

It's going to be eerie. I am one of very few it sounds like flying into SFO. Passing right by the crash. My seat is on the right so I won't see it. But I can imagine an eerie silence while we touch down.

Last edited:
Me too, just got the Virgin America upgrade out of Ft. Lauderdale, waiting to board right now. Looking forward to meeting everyone :biggrin:

Very excited to see many people flying to the Teslive HQ as of now! I am very curious if anyone coming from Europe? Or for that matter, Asia or any continent other than North America? We should have some special treats for the out-of-continents, at least for this year!

I have created a new thread under teslive section. But I don't know how to copy the link to here using tapatalk on Ipad. Someone help me copy the link over here please?

Figure it out now. Here is the new thread:
Anyone attending Teslive fly from Europe? Asia?

Last edited:
No upgrade for me :confused: . I asked for a free upgrade from Main Cabin Select, and was turned down. But at least I have an exit row seat with plenty of legroom.

I am on the left side, aisle seat. But my seat mate by the window has the shade down now, so I likely won't see the wreckage while landing at SFO.

(BTW, 2 hours late is about normal for most flights into SFO today I believe.)

Me too, just got the Virgin America upgrade out of Ft. Lauderdale, waiting to board right now. Looking forward to meeting everyone :biggrin: