TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Selling my Model S - see ya suckers - time for Lincoln Black Label

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Nov 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

An ad at the bottom of TMC really got me. I want a premium ownership experience. I have "impeccable taste for fine art and culture." I want to "celebrate the distinguished and elite lifestyle of horse racing." I want a "private fitting room" at the dealership. I too want to sit on my couch and rub leather samples with a discerning look on my face while a smartly dressed young man in a tailored suit towers over me complimenting my good taste.

I may not be able to afford a bespoke Rolls Royce - or a horse - but a tarted up Ford will do for make believe.

Lincoln really has their finger on the zeitgeist of 2017. Who wants a loaded 70D with only a few miles on it? I'm outta here...

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 10.44.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 10.43.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 10.43.58 PM.png

• Funny x 34
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

#2 BluestarE3, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    • Funny x 6
    • Like x 1
  3. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Let's see if Lincoln can get out of the red at the Ford earnings report this year with this new mouthwatering ad. Oh heavenly black label experience; take me away!

• Funny x 1
  4. rfinn

rfinn White Lightning

You will return to Tesla after driving the Lincoln for a while and resale on it is going to cost you$$$$$$$$$$
    Enjoy

• Funny x 1
  5. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

:face palm: Responses like this are better than the joke.

• Funny x 19
    • Like x 5
  6. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

I had one of those Premium Vehicles™ rear end the BMW i3 I used to have. Apparently luxury has a price and that price does not include automatic emergency braking.

• Funny x 2
  7. Krypto Kat

Krypto Kat Member

Even when included they are not as good as Subaru;)

8. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

I'm not sure why, but deadpan humor is one of those things that a good part of the population misses. And it doesn't seem correlated with intelligence or anything else that I can pin down. I had one good friend, quite a brilliant guy, who just completely missed it. I would deadpan the most absurd things and he would just look at me like I'd lost my mind. :)

• Like x 1
  9. Max*

Max* Charging

I'll give you $2.50 for the 70D

10. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Wouldn't a horse be a better choice than the Lincoln? The ad is manure anyway.

• Like x 3
  11. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

What....you mean that advertisements are not just like the internet??? I thought everything was true in advertisements and on the web. Now I guess I will just have to go back and drive my almost 4 year old Model S and put back on my Tesla Grin.

12. MDMGSO47

MDMGSO47 Member

Some people are linear thinkers and miss all subtleties and nuances.

13. Carl

Carl Supporting Member

I thought the point of deadpan humor was no subtleties or nuances, just being dryly absurd :). In any event @calisnow frankly nearly had me, I must humbly admit (had me hesitating anyway!).

14. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

The thread title nearly had me (I was thinking WTF, @calisnow )... until I read the post itself and the attached ad copy. Touché! :)

• Like x 1
  15. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

16. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

You know...there is such a thing as trolling with thread titles.

And you just won First Prize, 2016.

Unfortunately, I would have to Moderate away any post I have that contain the appropriate words I have for you..... :)

• Like x 1
  17. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Anyway, getting back on topic for this thread... speaking of the relationship between horse owner/ridership and the desire for aspirational automobiles, here's something Tesla should do for all those who need to back into a Supercharger stall while towing a trailer:

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. dhcp

dhcp Member

Ah, is that the buyer's son picking out the leather options? That's the only way someone that age would be looking at a new Lincoln.

That may be their dream demographic but it's people like my grandmother that keeps buying a new Lincoln ever few years, ramming them regularly into parking lot poles.

A few ads for the new Black Label (cough-cough) Lincoln experience. If this guy drops enough artist and architecture, fine food and music references that your eyes will hurt from rolling:

• Funny x 4
  19. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

they had me at matthew mcconaughey

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  20. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

@dhcp - omg omg omg omg. That dealership ad with the amateur hour production and awkward talent could not be more perfect if Christopher Guest himself dreamed it up.

• Funny x 2