Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling my Model S - see ya suckers - time for Lincoln Black Label

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An ad at the bottom of TMC really got me. I want a premium ownership experience. I have "impeccable taste for fine art and culture." I want to "celebrate the distinguished and elite lifestyle of horse racing." I want a "private fitting room" at the dealership. I too want to sit on my couch and rub leather samples with a discerning look on my face while a smartly dressed young man in a tailored suit towers over me complimenting my good taste.

I may not be able to afford a bespoke Rolls Royce - or a horse - but a tarted up Ford will do for make believe.

Lincoln really has their finger on the zeitgeist of 2017. Who wants a loaded 70D with only a few miles on it? I'm outta here...

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 10.44.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 10.43.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 10.43.58 PM.png

:face palm: Responses like this are better than the joke.

I'm not sure why, but deadpan humor is one of those things that a good part of the population misses. And it doesn't seem correlated with intelligence or anything else that I can pin down. I had one good friend, quite a brilliant guy, who just completely missed it. I would deadpan the most absurd things and he would just look at me like I'd lost my mind. :)

Reactions: Mickie
I'm not sure why, but deadpan humor is one of those things that a good part of the population misses. And it doesn't seem correlated with intelligence or anything else that I can pin down. I had one good friend, quite a brilliant guy, who just completely missed it. I would deadpan the most absurd things and he would just look at me like I'd lost my mind. :)

Some people are linear thinkers and miss all subtleties and nuances.

You know...there is such a thing as trolling with thread titles.

And you just won First Prize, 2016.

Unfortunately, I would have to Moderate away any post I have that contain the appropriate words I have for you..... :)

Reactions: calisnow
Ah, is that the buyer's son picking out the leather options? That's the only way someone that age would be looking at a new Lincoln.

That may be their dream demographic but it's people like my grandmother that keeps buying a new Lincoln ever few years, ramming them regularly into parking lot poles.

A few ads for the new Black Label (cough-cough) Lincoln experience. If this guy drops enough artist and architecture, fine food and music references that your eyes will hurt from rolling: