Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... Or I sell 150 ITM CCs right now but then the SP will rally as soon as Elon is finished selling. It’s impossible to know.
i am thinking the same thing... once the EM selling is done, aggressive CCs are in danger

my max is probably 2DTE if i STO -c

*personal opinion, not for trading*

Dan Ives has cut PT to $250 and removed Tesla from Wedbush "Best Ideas" list, FFS

View attachment 873150
EM deserves this public backlash - anything to get his attention

install a CEO and come back to Tesla, how hard can it be?

Dan Ives has cut PT to $250 and removed Tesla from Wedbush "Best Ideas" list, FFS

View attachment 873150

Wow.... I am just speechless. I would like to wait and see what happens with Q4 P&D results to sell some stock but this is getting unbearable. Elon doesn't give a **** about what other people think and he will keep at it with his memes.

i am thinking the same thing... once the EM selling is done, aggressive CCs are in danger

my max is probably 2DTE if i STO -c

EM deserves this public backlash - anything to get his attention

install a CEO and come back to Tesla, how hard can it be?
My guess is that’s exactly what he will do. Set up the new Twitter structure and hand it to somebody he trusts. Based on his active involvement so far who knows when that might be. Probably a good 2-3 months away? Come on Elon you can communicate better than this.

My guess is that’s exactly what he will do. Set up the new Twitter structure and hand it to somebody he trusts. Based on his active involvement so far who knows when that might be. Probably a good 2-3 months away? Come on Elon you can communicate better than this.

Imagine he rightly feels that he has to be at Twitter for a period to wield the big hammer, then the new person can focus on rebuilding the business and company culture. Still it is clearly detrimental to TSLA, hopefully not to Tesla.

This episode has also affected my long-term view of TSLA, must get out of most of the position before the Mars selling starts.

I’m not a big fan of Dan but he is right about Twitter and institutions read these reports. Our institutional ownership was already low compared to other mega tech stocks. And IMO these institutions will either cut their losses or stay on the sidelines especially given today’s macro.

I’m just livid over the timing of his sales and the words we heard from him at the Baron conference. I don’t know how anyone can say that Elon was not pumping. I don’t mean to go all TSLAQ but damn I would have never guessed we would be in this position today even with the Q3 delivery miss. Long term story does not change but I was bracing for a painful 12-18 months and it’s already exacerbated by the Twitter distraction.

We are at a point where all rips will be sold as shorties will happily provide all the liquidity. It looks like Elon has run out of all 4D chess moves.

edit: Hope CPI comes to our rescue.
At Baron's?
He said (slightly edited Youtube auto transcript around 53:00) "well I I actually um rarely try to convince anyone to invest in Tesla um and many times I've recommended people don't invest in Tesla and I've said I think stock is too high but then people just ignore me and keep buying the stock some reason um so um..."

Protective puts at 185p are now itm, but I can't sell them because then I don't have enough margin anymore.. I might just exercise these.

I just want to get out of my sold options now.. I'm getting sick of all this drama.

And all this Elon selling, he's been selling from the start of this year. Is really the only way for him to sell dumping billions worth of stock in a few days?
I'd imagine he could set up a plan and sell over the course of a few months, little bit at a time.. maybe I'm wrong. But definitely feels like there was never any plan.
my *feeling* is that TSLA stock buyback is going to happen, it's just a matter of when

hence, short-term i am leaning towards daytrading instead of CC/BW

At Baron's?
He said (slightly edited Youtube auto transcript around 53:00) "well I I actually um rarely try to convince anyone to invest in Tesla um and many times I've recommended people don't invest in Tesla and I've said I think stock is too high but then people just ignore me and keep buying the stock some reason um so um..."

I was referring to his comments about FSD value and why Tesla is more valuable because of that. It was another pump IMHO. Why else did he wait until Friday? Regardless I have a problem with him appearing at the conference and selling immediately thereafter. I forget now if he repeated the now famous words about potential market cap( Apple + Aramco).

. I’m still wondering why he would not sell some SpaceX shares. I know it’s private and all but he also owns more than 40% of SpaceX.

3 possible reasons- liquidity is obviously vastly worse- it's much easier to find buyers for 4-5B in TSLA than spacex... and he wants to retain more control over spacex since Mars has always been his endgame...and he's got a ton more TSLA shares available to him esp considering all his 2018 options tranches he hasn't even exercised yet.

• Informative
Reactions: vikings123
The Dan Ives/Wedbush note goes to show analysts always run after the facts and should not be depended on at all for trading/investing decisions.

I remember when TSLA rallied in 2020 the price target increases came left and right on a weekly basis, trying to keep a "reasonable" price target in the books in order not to look foolish to the market. (Only Gordo ignores this)

Now when TSLA is supressed beyond belief, Ives lowers his price target supposedly based on Elon Musk and Twitter, which is IMO a non-valid argument, just to have a reason to drop the SP since the earlier price targets were too lofty.

If he were to argue macro worries etcetera, I could get on board. But pointing to Twitter drama is laughable. Remember pedo-guy? Remember funding secured? None of these media whirlwinds (in which Elon was bashed to hell and his name was cursed by the financial media) prevented the stock to reach ATH (of $415 split adjusted).

All this Twitter /Elon politics stuff is just very very short term noise. I assure you that to Wall Street money counts more than anything. If Tesla exits 2023 with +2M cars delivered, a TTM EPS of +$9 (now $3), the P/E ratio will be ~19 instead of ~57 now at current SP of ~$180.

That's just 14 monthes from now, and it will make a world of difference. Nobody will point to the Twitter saga as an argument not to buy TSLA should it remain so low.

The only reasons to stay at these levels with the coming earnings/revenue growth would be macro related (WW3, great depression, etc).

Whenever we've been in situations like this, where more and more people point out that the sky is falling, truth is the sky is not falling.

I'm not saying we'll rally hard soon, but I am saying the Tesla brand has not been tarnished like Dan Ives and some others think.

If the world of pain on this board isn't proof of capitulation (or the beginning of a capitulation wave) I don't know what is.

Wow those CPI numbers to the rescue....

At the same time I can picture Elon doing this right now

Money.gif
Money.gif

@dl003 Any ideas on specific levels to look out for in any short to medium term rally?

I am watching today to see how TSLA participates vs the broader indexes. I want to use this opportunity to de-risk and start thinking about -CCs as I am guessing an opening rally might be faded.

Edit: This does get us past midterms and CPI which could give a longer reprieve into the holidays. I've no idea with all the external factors at play.

Analyst wars:

Now with this good CPI do you guys expect to see a run for multiple days? I hope Elon doesn't sell more today. I am trying to decide on what to do with CC's.

@dl003 Any ideas on specific levels to look out for in any short to medium term rally?

I am watching today to see how TSLA participates vs the broader indexes. I want to use this opportunity to de-risk and start thinking about -CCs as I am guessing an opening rally might be faded.

Edit: This does get us past midterms and CPI which could give a longer reprieve into the holidays. I've no idea with all the external factors at play.

I don't think we are all clear yet. In terms of levels I'd be looking for 196 as a key level. Take it one day at a time, pre market action can be sometimes be a head fake.

I don't think we are all clear yet. In terms of levels I'd be looking for 196 as a key level. Take it one day at a time, pre market action can be sometimes be a head fake.
Agree...caution is warranted. Above 200 may be a good spot to target if we can get there. We need tech to broadly participate in this rally. If it does not then it is highly likely we will retest these lows. Funds have shifted to energy and value. When those funds begin to return to tech/TSLA we will likely be in clearer pastures.

I would say definitely Jan 25 calls in 300-350 range.
Jan 25 350's < $30. With Jan 25 - atleast you can stay alive for 2 more years :)

I closed all my mid calls with losses. Have Jan 24 CC's with gains and added jan 25 350's ... after SP went < 180

YOLO once, but still could get MC'd multiple times .... ;)

Will enjoy the 350 jan 25 YOLO euphoria while it lasts ;)