Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you going to close your -185c before CPI Wednesday? I have -190c +>70% already but maybe I just let it expire or close if I get >80% by tomorrow and hope for CPI spike to sell again for this week. Ideally, I like to start the ER week without having to roll any ITM options as the IV will be crazy high.

EDIT: I've closed my -190c at 66% gain. I feel the macro is reacting quite positive to the CPI coming. Will see what it would bring us tomorrow and re-enter.
I STO -c195 first thing this morning. I dont expect a major run today before the CPI. Might close at the end of the day if gaining >40% or let it run till the end of the week.

• Informative
Reactions: UltradoomY
Already have been selling some shares , Alas still no 190+ to go -C and I don't expect SP to rise significantly today.
Will buy back in portions on SP below 184 increasingly. No big risks this week, although the stage is set as described above. But you never know for sure.
My -C on Meta, NVDA, SPY and QQQ will have to do the rest. I think really shorting Tesla is risky in this always up-looking month of april although WS usually screws SP up on 1st quarter "misses".

Looks like an expanded flat with last Friday as the first leg up. I dont think today is the first leg up because that means we have to dump after CPI, then rally, then crash again. Too much drama.
IMG_1838.png

Last edited:
Heres SPY right now
IMG_1840.png

Heres SPY 2 months ago
IMG_1841.png

Heres SPY in early 2022
IMG_1842.png

Its running on the same MO. Once the top is in and after the first dump, a flat variation retracement occurs before the 2nd dump. its just happening on a smaller and smaller timeframe. First time 10 months, 2nd time 5 weeks. This time probably 7-10 days. So at least now SPY and TSLA look well-synced in the short term.

• Informative
Heres SPY right now
View attachment 927160

Heres SPY 2 months ago
View attachment 927162
Heres SPY in early 2022
View attachment 927163
Its running on the same MO. Once the top is in and after the first dump, a flat variation retracement occurs before the 2nd dump. its just happening on a smaller and smaller timeframe. First time 10 months, 2nd time 5 weeks. This time probably 7-10 days. So at least now SPY and TSLA look well-synced in the short term.

Are you suggesting we’re heading to $160 area over the next few days/week before 200 or one more (fake) run to 200 then down?

Thanks again for sharing your insights with us!

The next time we see 200 its likely not gonna be fake so Im mostly betting on 160 now.

I’m guessing then elevator down starts tomorrow with CPI and 2pm Powell trigger.

Further guessing this means close all CSPs today and sell -C over 195 for 4/21 (unless earning can surprise and the visit to 160 will be short and brief?).

What are you seeing as to timeline/velocity?

I’m guessing then elevator down starts tomorrow with CPI and 2pm Powell trigger.

Further guessing this means close all CSPs today and sell -C over 195 for 4/21 (unless earning can surprise and the visit to 160 will be short and brief?).

What are you seeing as to timeline/velocity?
technically we have till next Tuesday to find a bottom but since ER is right around the corner I guess you can say next Friday.

Reactions: Jim Holder
technically we have till next Tuesday to find a bottom but since ER is right around the corner I guess you can say next Friday.
Wow! That means no FOMO run into earnings is likely, and continued down after (earnings is next Wednesday). Does it therefore make sense to close all CSP’s and sell -C195s for 4/21 (NFA)?

How are you playing it?

Thanks again!

Im actually agnostic about ER. Its a window. The low can occur before ER. Having ER just extends the theoretical window a bit. Im not really doing much, just converting my -207.5C this week to -232.33C next week at a 3:1 ratio. This is because Im taking cash out of my account for a big purchase. If I was making bets, I would buy puts here. Selling options into a double triple event isnt helping me sleep at night.

BTC 15 x p177.5 4/14 for $0.80, a profit of 80%.

I’m getting out of the way of the CPI report and want to avoid being forced to roll to next week, a bullet I dodged yesterday when we dropped to 176.

I’m one of those who think the drastic price cuts will bring margins down to 15% and that’s something the market will not like. My long shares are hoping that I’m wrong, but I’m not taking any chances. Ofcourse I would like to take advantage of the high IV, but if I take a position for 4/21 it will be far OTM.

• Love
Im actually agnostic about ER. Its a window. The low can occur before ER. Having ER just extends the theoretical window a bit. Im not really doing much, just converting my -207.5C this week to -232.33C next week at a 3:1 ratio. This is because Im taking cash out of my account for a big purchase. If I was making bets, I would buy puts here. Selling options into a double triple event isnt helping me sleep at night.

Excellent, thanks.

I BTO x4 P160 4/28 @$2.10 and 2x P170 4/28 @ $4.00.

(I’m keeping several $195 and $200 -C 4/14 and 4/21 open on shares I want taken away at those prices. Will watch market and either let them expire/exercise or BTC on weakness.)

Since CPI is tomorrow, sharing some data from Cary Atrec that was just posted:

TLDW: A close tomorrow below $185.30 is bearish and brings $146.06 within 2-3 weeks or sooner.

Also opening below $185.30 tomorrow is a sell signal. May have first stop at $172.92 intra-day, with $146.06 within 2-3 weeks or sooner.

For upside, if we close above $195.62 (fat chance…🙄) then $216.81 within reach by end of next week.

GLTA

Since CPI is tomorrow, sharing some data from Cary Atrec that was just posted:

TLDW: A close tomorrow below $185.30 is bearish and brings $146.06 within 2-3 weeks or sooner.

Also opening below $185.30 tomorrow is a sell signal. May have first stop at $172.92 intra-day, with $146.06 within 2-3 weeks or sooner.

For upside, if we close above $195.62 (fat chance…🙄) then $216.81 within reach by end of next week.

GLTA
I think the only way we see $146 is with an earnings miss. But with consensus at 0.86, and earnings probably coming in >$1, I predict a massive beat.

I think the only way we see $146 is with an earnings miss. But with consensus at 0.86, and earnings probably coming in >$1, I predict a massive beat.
Even @petit_bateau thinks eps will be just above 1.

For interest here are mine, if anyone wishes to start tabulating the various offerings. Reminder, I usually come in high. I've put the previous quarters in for comparitive purposes.

View attachment 925627
View attachment 925628
View attachment 925629

and this are some share price calculations I keep running:

View attachment 925631
View attachment 925632

Reactions: traxila