Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA has been laggard for past week, lot of NAS stocks have been up quite a lot.
Are you sure ?

1701202990015.png

1701203024778.png

So I just closed the short leg of all my 12/8 -220/+225 put spreads... the short leg was near 80% profit so seemed like it made sense to remove the downside cap for relative pennies on the dollar I paid for that cap- esp. if we get the "might go much lower than 226" DL003 suggested might be the case.

Dumb or not do you think?

Was thinking the same, sold at .89 , can buy at .60 ... Lowers cost if bought puts , when we reverse.

So I just closed the short leg of all my 12/8 -220/+225 put spreads... the short leg was near 80% profit so seemed like it made sense to remove the downside cap for relative pennies on the dollar I paid for that cap- esp. if we get the "might go much lower than 226" DL003 suggested might be the case.

Dumb or not do you think?

Did same.

Sitting on the other leg, 30x +P225 12/8 @$2.67 avg. If we keep pumping tomorrow I may put the -P220 back on.

Did same.

Sitting on the other leg, 30x +P225 12/8 @$2.67 avg. If we keep pumping tomorrow I may put the -P220 back on.
pardon me Jim. Why would you want to add the short leg back on? Originally why they were added was to cut the cost on the long put legs. Now they're down to penny not sure why we should add them back unless you want to placed more spread.

Reactions: JusRelax
pardon me Jim. Why would you want to add the short leg back on? Originally why they were added was to cut the cost on the long put legs. Now they're down to penny not sure why we should add them back unless you want to placed more spread.
You're right, if yours is down to a penny for sure no need to re-add. Mine was ~$0.60 when I BTC (from $1.39) so a bit of juice left. At first let's say it continues pumping to $250-255 or whatever, then STO the -P220 at $0.50 or whatever it's then and it'll decrease as price pumps and BTC for lower price then. But maybe since we already had a big run it may not worth the headache.

Though adding it back for a higher price than we BTC them for if we retreat may make more sense.

I'll let those who do BPS more often than me chime in as to ways to squeeze out more value.

Last edited:
Reactions: thenewguy1979
I posted an update. @BornToFly was right and I was wrong.
I'm still holding my puts but not adding more. Once the 246.7 ceiling is gone, there're no more ceilings. We closed 30 cent above it. In a correction, these overshots may happen, just very rarely when it comes to zig zags.
I'm still holding on to the possibility of a 2nd leg down to break 226, unless tomorrow TSLA closes green again.

Last edited:
I posted an update. @BornToFly was right and I was wrong.
I'm still holding my puts but not adding more. Once the 246.7 ceiling is gone, there's no more ceilings. We closed 30 cent above it. In a correction, these overshots may happen, just very rarely when it comes to zig zags.
I'm still holding on to the possibility of a 2nd leg down to break 226, unless tomorrow TSLA closes green again.

Did you sell the short side of your 220/225 12/8 BPS (and is that something one does)?