Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Around 232 this morning I closed my expiring today -C242.50s for 97% profit and my -C237.50s for ~90%. Still holding 12/8 -C237.50s which are at about 50% profit right now, and holding 12/8 +P225s which are officially 28% red, but I already pocketed $ from closing the short leg for a nice profit so technically I'm ahead on the position just not super biggly yet.

At 234.x, the 4h RSI is now 48. Now we wait.
1701441670352.png

@dl003 @tivoboy @SpeedyEddy

What do you think of the possibility that the same pattern from Jan 2023-May2023 (left circle) is unfolding now between July 2023-Feb 2024 (right circle) with equivalent extension if we break the green line? Looks eerily similar in formation albeit a bit wider. If you look at each wedge it’s almost identical. If we keep the same % run up, by February we’d be at $381.20. And then dump down to $200-180's as previously expected mid-Feb.

View attachment 995394
For me, I see NO, ZERO, NUL, KEIN probability. My base case would be to A) remove the anomaly of Jan 2023 from the calculus, and then B) create a double bottom of the MAR-MAY 2023 period (with some upward adjustment in terminal price).. only THEN do we have a solid very strong and lasting base to build upon to retest new near term highs and ultimately new ATH (not adjusted for inflation - which would be a LOT since Dec‘21)

The overall timeframe for that 2nd base would be Q1’24 into Q2’24, most likely in Q1’24 though all things considered. Deteriorating macro, lasting fed policy impacts, housing retracement, I have to stop there.

If you/one believes that any further downside is limited, and we’re going to ramp to near ATH by end of Q1’24 into Q2’24, then those calls at ~ 330-350 should be pretty darn cheap at this point.

For me, I see NO, ZERO, NUL, KEIN probability. My base case would be to A) remove the anomaly of Jan 2023 from the calculus, and then B) create a double bottom of the MAR-MAY 2023 period (with some upward adjustment in terminal price).. only THEN do we have a solid very strong and lasting base to build upon to retest new near term highs and ultimately new ATH (not adjusted for inflation - which would be a LOT since Dec‘21)

The overall timeframe for that 2nd base would be Q1’24 into Q2’24, most likely in Q1’24 though all things considered. Deteriorating macro, lasting fed policy impacts, housing retracement, I have to stop there.

If you/one believes that any further downside is limited, and we’re going to ramp to near ATH by end of Q1’24 into Q2’24, then those calls at ~ 330-350 should be pretty darn cheap at this point.

I don't see any ATH or even near ATH soon, nevermind in 2024. Was just commenting on the chart symmetry. But you're right, the Jan run can be ignored as just to get back to equilibrium after the crazy 2022. Thanks for the reply.

@dl003 @tivoboy @SpeedyEddy

What do you think of the possibility that the same pattern from Jan 2023-May2023 (left circle) is unfolding now between July 2023-Feb 2024 (right circle) with equivalent extension if we break the green line? Looks eerily similar in formation albeit a bit wider. If you look at each wedge it’s almost identical. If we keep the same % run up, by February we’d be at $381.20. And then dump down to $200-180's as previously expected mid-Feb.

View attachment 995394
Breaking out has always been a possibility once we bounced from 194, but 381 by Feb? Nope. To shamelessly quote myself:

"Double 3 and triple 3 corrections are sideway corrections, meaning each subsequent bottom will not far exceed the last one. You can see that 194 only barely exceeded 212 even after 3 months have gone by. Even if we have on our hand a triple 3 correction, the next and final bottom will not disastrously exceed 194, making a very buyable bottom for well-prepared traders.

Putting all these premises together, we have 2 overarching scenarios for the next 2 months:

a. The upper trendline resistance will get broken after 255-260 has been tested a few times. TSLA will go on to break 300.

b. The upper trendline resistance will hold, which lead to the Triple 3 correction taking the stage. TSLA will go down to test the lower trendline support, before really breaking out. It will be at that point of contact when no traders should be bearish on the stock as there will be no other path for it to take except up. However, I suspect fear will once again take hold and the sky will once again fall."

Personally, I'm leaning a bit toward the triple 3 scenario. However, sometimes I ask myself it that's because my brain is just refusing to cope with the possibility of a breakout right now. Why would there be a breakout? How hard are we going to run? What's it going to look like? Market tends to find a way to screw the largest number of people over so I'm not going to be overly bearish until it's justified.
1701442722039.png

Last edited:
Bought puts (3rd roundtrip):
25x BPS -220/+225 12/15 @$1.00

Also after a few roundtrips today, STO accompanying synthetic shorts:

10x -C270 12/15 @1.40
10x -C275 12/15 @1.02
10x -C280 12/15 @0.76

Closed these for +$2,650 gains overnight since TSLA held $231. Will re-open on next pop.

1701442674183.png