Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very strong China numbers, again...

Indeed the anti-EV FUD is really strong right now, and the only narrative you see about Tesla is price-cuts and margins, but reality is that they are delivering a lot of cars right now where the other manufacturers are struggling - even BYD's much publicised "beating Tesla" is not the fun story given that they have >70 days of inventory at their dealers (which have bene counted as sales)

So do we have another disconnect from the company and stock, once again?

TBH I'm not sure "up 0.2% YoY with both lower prices AND a refreshed Model 3 compared to last year" is "strong"

Reactions: tivoboy
1/26 current view

Does the fact that so many puts are ITM give the stock some support from dealers/MMs?

1706019142671.png

Ah, so you're planning to close them on any run $217-$235 between now and March 15 (if we get one), and/or you don't expect TSLA to be below $190 by expiration. More likely you're seeing a run of some sorts on the menu where you plan to close them and get PAID, yeh?

-P185 3/15/24 currently @$5.55
-P190 3/15/24 currently @$7.05
I might trade around them, but my plan would be to do -p as CSP for additional entry, and at $190 with an $8 sold premium, I’m ok with that as 20-30% of the position.

Sounds more like ARKK 😄
Maybe that's where Cathie Wood gets her numbers from...

Would be interesting to see that overlaid on other beta names to see if it holds up looking back.

ARK uses Monte Carlo Simulation. It is interesting that two different methods yields results in the same ballpark (ARK says $2000, MattHughes $3000) by 2027.

Reactions: OrthoSurg
I for one can't bring myself to selling calls into this earnings. Am I bullish about earning? No not really. But I can't see us dropping much further either. ($200 should hold IMO) and I want to prevent selling calls at a local low.

I know this is not a delta neutral strategy that'll make me a lot of money, but if we drop after earnings I think I'm just going to wait it out some more before selling calls. Or if we get crazy low ($150 or $100) I'll think of converting some shares to LEAPS. At these levels I'm still uncomfortable doing so.

FYI, I'm holding $210p, $215p and shares into earnings. = positioned in a bullish to neutral manner. (since the puts are allowed to be exercised)

Eh I sold some $1.45ish $235 calls for Friday at ~215 today- IV crush should hit right after the call, and it's far enough OOTM I don't expect rolling would be a problem if they announce they cured cancer or something... (and honestly earnings or guidance would probably need to be crazy good to get those ITM thurs/friday anyway?)-- plus todays morning spike was lower than yesterdays (so far anyway)

I for one can't bring myself to selling calls into this earnings. Am I bullish about earning? No not really. But I can't see us dropping much further either. ($200 should hold IMO) and I want to prevent selling calls at a local low.

I know this is not a delta neutral strategy that'll make me a lot of money, but if we drop after earnings I think I'm just going to wait it out some more before selling calls. Or if we get crazy low ($150 or $100) I'll think of converting some shares to LEAPS. At these levels I'm still uncomfortable doing so.

FYI, I'm holding $210p, $215p and shares into earnings. = positioned in a bullish to neutral manner. (since the puts are allowed to be exercised)

Same here. My positions are also biased bullish, just selling CC's for scalps at morning pop/fades. I may regret not having much down protection but I'm also loathe to sells CC's at possible bottoms. $216 and $227 are sellable resistances unless we close over them, so I may sell some OTM CC's for January there.

Reactions: BornToFly and MikeC