Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's an orb graph?
This?
1706107774717.png

Reactions: intelligator
I'm consistently rolling my positions to the last week of the next month since May because it gives me a more relax feeling than doing weeklies. It also gives more opportunities becaucurrently se the time span is longer. Sometimes I roll 2 weeks before expiry, because there's a good option. Actually it's never my intention to let an option expire.
I'm switching over to
1. STO approx 3-months away (STAGGERED, so finally positioning for every month ) and then close them at a profitable point or the roll into what I guess would be trend-WISE. (so keep away from the edge and correct for middle-term trend. All at least 20% away from the money looks Okay.

2. In and out of weeklies, that I now more use for day-trades (so almost no overnight holding of near-the money options. ) (today I went 3x in and out of -C215, bringing me more than 1.20 a piece. Bringing -P202.5 into play at the moment. So I don't have to mind a lot about liquidity and loose less per transaction on fees. It is a bit more spongy than trading the stock but that applies to losses as well, which I sometimes am very good at ;-)

Oh, sure! It's called Bookmap. Note, institutions and whales may not show their hands and slam on orders (or cancel orders!) at the last minute.

11:30am

View attachment 1011796
I use 210.95 as an anchor for day trading today. Dollar above I sell Ccalls and 1 dollar below I close and sometimes even STO -P. Now it hovers, I got nothing weekly, wait too see, watch Algo, options and these graphics, to keep myself awake on movements.

I use 210.95 as an anchor for day trading today. Dollar above I sell Ccalls and 1 dollar below I close and sometimes even STO -P. Now it hovers, I got nothing weekly, wait too see, watch Algo, options and these graphics, to keep myself awake on movements.
Same, scalped -C350 1/17/25 from $10.00 to $9.55 just to keep busy :)

So for those who worked in finance, how do companies keep earnings secret until the very last minute? Don't messages have to be pre-loaded (i.e., Bloomberg), reports written, etc.. It's more than a few people (and their kids) who know/can know.

OK guys just a couples of hour left before the fireworks.

Got to be honest now, who bet the farm on this earning??? Don't be shy.

Me no, got me cheapo strangle goin on ;)

View attachment 1011811
I’m bullish just based on price action contrarianism. We've had two bad ERs in a row and we’re all scared of this one and bracing for weak 2024 guidance. Seems like it could be a set-up to catch call sellers flat-footed.

I’m mostly in bull call spreads (215-225) this week, and bull call calendar spreads (-c220 this week and +c220 next).

OK guys just a couples of hour left before the fireworks.
Staying away from selling calls until Thursday, I have a couple bought. I'll roll 1/26 -p210/+p170 to 2/23 ... ideally at SP 212 but getting close. Moving out a month will remove some of the weekly jitter and add some wiggle room (time to manage) should we move strong in either direction. Thanks @SebastienBonny (sorry, tagged Speedy in error) for sharing this perspective.

Last edited:
I’m bullish just based on price action contrarianism. We've had two bad ERs in a row and we’re all scared of this one and bracing for weak 2024 guidance. Seems like it could be a set-up to catch call sellers flat-footed.
Well stated on the sentiment. Everything I see in drone videos and on the street suggests that 2024 guidance should be strong, so I worry less about that. My main concern is when Tesla stabilizes on the margin front; going into earnings with a high P/E and declining profit is a little uncomfortable. Maybe not as uncomfortable as Elon saying on the earnings call he will need to sell half his TSLA stock [tomorrow] to fund x.AI.

Anyone know if Dl003 is OK? He's been MIA for a week now.
Getting his insight would be great, but more importantly hope he's doing OK.

@dl003 please give us a holler if you're doing fine buddy.

Seems to be a pattern whenever TSLA goes quite off script DL goes AWOL (i.e., TSLA dropping to $206 vs stopping at $228; TSLA flying to $260's when it wasn't supposed to get past $237).

Could be he wants us to learn to fly on our own ;- )

I sure hope he's okay!

@dl003 Drop us a line buddy!

❤️