Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my eye on the 164.20 close, that's the 1% below 165.85 Cary @Wickedstocks had on his sheet. Close below 164.20 & 89.10 in play
So close! I bet he'll say something like "for the longs who decided to stay in I can't fault you since it was off 'by a hair...'" 🤩

1710528356630.png

Any idea which of those funds / ETFs (if any) are making those purchases on a discretionary basis? First thought, this being Vanguard, is that these are actually or effectively index funds and just ongoing flow of money into those funds is getting deployed across the range of stuff that qualifies in order to maintain the internal ratios that their fund specifies. I.e. the incremental shares may be programmed purchases, making the only thing noteworthy about this that Vanguard is seeing some reasonably significant deposits .

Reactions: rikkert
Any idea which of those funds / ETFs (if any) are making those purchases on a discretionary basis? First thought, this being Vanguard, is that these are actually or effectively index funds and just ongoing flow of money into those funds is getting deployed across the range of stuff that qualifies in order to maintain the internal ratios that their fund specifies. I.e. the incremental shares may be programmed purchases, making the only thing noteworthy about this that Vanguard is seeing some reasonably significant deposits .

I don’t know which. Alexandera Merz tracks them daily I believe:

Took the decision to sell half my shares for risk mitigation over the next few months, hoping to swing trade for a $20+ gain. Entered a limit order GTC at $170 which missed by minutes, shaved it to $168, same. Not willing to take $163, so thought of ITM CC which just executed: 12Apr$155 at $14.10, locking in $169.10, but retaining flexibility to tweak and roll in 3-4 weeks, if attractive.

Bought puts 150-160 for next week and sold some calls 165-175. The fear and capitulation right now does make me fear a bounce so I'm trying not to sell too many calls but I just don't see any rally coming for the next two weeks with the delivery numbers being feared so low.
Similar sentiment + FOMC next week + SPY teetering, etc.

STC +C205 4/18 @1.50 (bought at 8.45 :rolleyes:). Per OptionStrat today was the last chance to sell before it bled out further faster.
STO -C175 3/22 @1.00 (2nd roundtrip today; from 1.25 to 0.75)
STO -C240 1/17 @11.00
STO -C260 1/17 @8.30
I like that they're further out so there's time for all kinds of shenanigans to play out. I plan to hold into next week and watch action. I'll either scalp/BTC into weakness if we don't plunge past $158, or if we bounce straight on Monday I'll simply hang onto them for an opportune BTC.

What a week!

I'm thankful the market is closed until Monday, some peace of mind for a change.

🍻

Not so fast. We closed green (barely...lol)
Can go either way at this point

Think good and it'll be good

Be a good doggie this weekend and good things will happen :cool:
I call this week goes to Vanna. Like all good things, this stressful week came to its end…and we survived to battle the next one. Time to begin beer session.