Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what Tesla should have done. Beat ER, increase guidance, then split.
Was never a fan of the 2nd split. What a braindead move. Made me pay 3x the commission to sell options on the same amount of shares. So braindead they decided to split even before a vote to increase maximum float. Then split 6 months later.

TSLA, why can't you just be normal?

@dl003 TSLA below the tripwire $175.80, short activated?

1716486265105.png

@dl003 TSLA below the tripwire $175.80, short activated?

View attachment 1049857
I've been short with puts. 175.8, that ship has sailed a while ago. My levels are mostly given according to potential wave structure. Once a structure has resolved a level is no longer valid. On the call side I've been selling low delta calls. Maybe I'm a bit too careful, I won't be piling on calls until 171.4 is lost. Made more than enough money on the put spreads to just sit on my hand here.

Was never a fan of the 2nd split. What a braindead move. Made me pay 3x the commission to sell options on the same amount of shares. So braindead they decided to split even before a vote to increase maximum float. Then split 6 months later.

That was clearly a 5d chess move.

BTC $192.50 -cc @ 0.12, not worth hanging on for the remaining premium and will reassess whether there is any other opportunity to sell this week, or wait until next

Re-sold $185 -cc on the break of $178 showing weakness on the 2030 sales goal news, for $0.42 premium
More active than I thought I would be today… BTC $185 -cc for $.09 and STO $180 -cc for $0.32,…. Total premium collected for the week now at $1.08 assuming I collect all on the $180-cc’s

Last edited:

I think the second split caused it to go down more than it would have without it. I know that's what idiots think, but that's what I think.