Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not 7am yet...
(Or have you found a source that updates earlier?)
1716981440034.png

Reactions: mongo
NVDA has a forward PE of 46 at 1140. Its EPS has grown 700% YOY
TSLA has a forward PE of 70 at 176. EPS has decreased YOY.
So who's smarter? Big money buying NVDA at 1140 or us holding TSLA at 176?
Buy low, sell high - would be smart

Got just 1st part right with DCA of $8, and then sentiment and over expectations got in the way …

Still think we need to wait out 5-6 quarters and should be good after, so CC till then… cheers!!

Sounds like it’s time to bail on TSLA. The fundamentals aren’t there anymore. Better late than never I guess.
Just boils down to what your investment thesis is for TSLA.

DLL's post is completely accurate for that Nvidia/TSLA comparison...based on both companies current core businesses today. The next 2-3 years for Nvidia is the continuation of it's current core business and while on a very impressive growth runway, it's known.

Meanwhile for TSLA, IF they are successful with autonomy, their core business 2-3 years from now will look nothing like the current one that they're being valued on. Their PE, Forward PE, P to S ratio, all of that today doesn't mean diddly squat. Could easily see a situation where Nvidia continues to outperform TSLA for say 2024 and then by mid or late 2025, TSLA has tripled Nvidia's appreciation from today until then, if not more.

The big drawback though is that TSLA could be completely flat for the next year until FSD hits a certain level of confidence. Could be longer, could also be sooner. I'm personally ok just sitting on my shares and making some side income in order to not be caught with my pants down if that autonomy valuation flips to ON for Wall St

Of course if you don't believe in Tesla's autonomy strategy and how close they are to it (as in you think they're still like 3-5 years out), then I would definitely just sell because as stated before, there's no comparison between Tesla and Nvidia when it comes to their core business today.

Regarding NVDA, friendly reminder that selling puts is best done at low SP.

Not saying NVDA can't keep running for a while, but be prepared for the swing downward (which can be volatile with rallies like this).

In other words: make sure your puts are backed so you don't end up getting margin called.

Personally I'm not yet in NVDA since I don't like to chase rallies. But given the great prospects I might sell some CSP's myself on the next great downturn for the stock.

Just a PSA to avoid hurt. GLTA.
Yes, backed by +p900's and cash if necessary

Giving folks a perspective on NVDA

From a tech PM perspective, there is simply NO competition *AND* EVERY.SINGLE.TOP.TECH company knows they have to buy as a much as they can or they will lose the race to AGI.

From an investors perspective, last quarter was yet another blowout and these companies MUST have Blackwell so imagine what is going to happen to prices of Blackwell and imagine next quarters earnings? SH$T is going to get even crazier next earnings.

who is making money with AI?