Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Midday snooze update:

1717004771737.png

1717004785972.png

Apparently they ran out of cash couple minutes back - TSLA back in Red.

One thing that perplexed my little mind - don't Elon have better thing to do like pumping TSLA, but he rather choose to further alienate his customer base by being more entwined politically?
He said don’t buy the stock if you don’t like volatility. I didn’t know he meant he would be the creator of most of it.

@phantasms you find this "Funny" today, but how will you feel in 2 years time if it turns out to be accurate?
I think some forget how hated Nvidia was as a stock literally days before the ChatGP moment. It rallied 50% in the matter of 2 months before any of the growth it's been experiencing hit the actual earnings.

@phantasms you find this "Funny" today, but how will you feel in 2 years time if it turns out to be accurate?
IMHO the market, and TSLA, is still in a bubble. I sold most of my TSLA for far more than it's worth now. If it ends up going to $1000+ a share I'll be surprised but also happy as I'll likely always hold some of this rollercoaster. I certainly wont be sad over any potential missed gains. Having 100x the money I do now wouldn't change my life at all.

IMHO the market, and TSLA, is still in a bubble. I sold most of my TSLA for far more than it's worth now. If it ends up going to $1000+ a share I'll be surprised but also happy as I'll likely always hold some of this rollercoaster. I certainly wont be sad over any potential missed gains. Having 100x the money I do now wouldn't change my life at all.
Nice subtle brag😂

One thing that perplexed my little mind - don't Elon have better thing to do like pumping TSLA, but he rather choose to further alienate his customer base by being more entwined politically?
It is all odd for sure. Sold about 35% of my TSLA stake today. I feel like the support levels won't really create resistance until ~150. Maybe it is just emotional thinking, but if the institutional holders aren't in support of the Board it seems like there is a challenge finding buyers.

On the plus side, production looks to be ramping up again after a lackluster few weeks in Austin. Nothing that will move needles on earnings in Q2, but more of a return-to-normal.

who is making money with AI?
This is what I'm keeping my eye on. The first significant business case for the use of all these models that people are buyign Nvidia's chips that isn't an advertising business case. Definitely not saying that ads aren't a valuable business model - obviously they are. But that's also a business model and larger activity that's been going on for decades - matching up people with ads about stuff that the advertisers think will be a fit. Whether its over the air tv, direct mail, or more recently ads on web pages / email / etc..

The biggest meaningful business case that I see on the horizon is something we already see - driver assist /self-driving cars (and trucks, ag equipment, etc..). My guess is that these meaningful business cases will be awfully good for the companies that come up with them, for obvious reasons. They will also be really good for Nvidia as it cements their business case beyond selling infrastructure that people want, and turns them into a company selling infrastructure that people want because they can use that infrastructure to make boatloads of money.

For my own part I just don't have the energy to go learn another company so I'm staying out.

So now MAGA start buying TSLA then, is that why it popped? Because last I heard, the OI was going to repeal most environmental safeguards and guidelines, which is hardly conducive to Tesla's business

Glad I no longer hold any stock, don't mind trading it to make money, but won't be investing in it any more
If they did they aren't the richest of bunch cuz that didn't last long.

Someone recently dug up a chart I made in the "What other tech stock to consider?" thread in March 2022. I was looking for tech stocks with low correlations with TSLA for the purpose of diversifying my portfolio, and I had found that at that point in Nvidia had the highest beta with TSLA.

The chart runs mid-September 2021 to late March 2022, with both TSLA and NVDA rebased to 1 at the beginning of the time series:

newplot.png

Funny how things have changed since then, and it does make me wonder if we'll see this kind of correlation again.

Last edited:

Not him, but personally I would be very happy. Investing in TSLA is never more than a click away if the situation warrants.

On my drive up I-5 yesterday, I was commenting to my wife how NVDA feels so similar to TSLA in 2019-2020. Couldn't resist looking at this the other way around. Exciting times.

tslanvda.JPG

Reactions: UncaNed
They are 2 different companies with different life cycles. Just because they were highly correlated during a specific window of time doesn't mean they will again. TSLA the stock will only do as well as Tesla the company.

That being said, many seem to think TSLA is a dog atm. Dead stock?
Don't lose sight of the big picture. Still in a very bullish consolidation. Gotta say, this doesn't look like the right time to be bearish.
1717010403940.png

today is the 4th consecutive day NVDA is above the upper BB

based on history, max 8 consecutive days

View attachment 1051675

View attachment 1051676

I just need it to last THROUGH monday 6/3 please.

I think some forget how hated Nvidia was as a stock literally days before the ChatGP moment. It rallied 50% in the matter of 2 months before any of the growth it's been experiencing hit the actual earnings.
Im going to call bunk on this one.. I made my first 100% on NVDA in six months during 2020, and within another 12 months a 2nd 100%.. (200% overall not a double double) so there was quite a bit of interest and movement in the stock, mostly for other reasons, gaming, bitcoin mining, autonomous driving and vehicle use before the overwhelming majority of retail or institutional buyers had heard of OpenAI or Ai for that matter.

But yes, it’s up nearly 3 fold since then, and doesn’t look like its going to stop anytime soon.

Unless I guess you mean it was “hated” just prior to the OpenAI announcement in ~ Oct 2022, because it was down 50%, but you know what else was down 50%, pretty much EVERYTHING.

META, TSLA, AMZN, GOOGL, CRM, OKTA, PYPL, I’m running out of keys. ;-)