Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GEX magnet pulling ~$180's

1717426541151.png

Reactions: DaBooster
Overview

1717428128891.png

How to read the Contract Trade Statistics panel

First line

Red dominates=Bearish
Green dominates=Bullish

Second line
Red dominates=Bearish
Green dominates=Bullish

Third line
Ignore (don't know if buy or sell)

Fourth line
Green dominates=Bearish
Red dominates=Bullish

Fifth line
Green dominates=Bearish
Red dominates=Bullish

--------------

How to read the Gamma panels

General: GAMMA/VANNA/OI help predict RANGE and NOT DIRECTION. They are used to add confluence to standard TA/EW/channels/fibs/etc.

1) GAMMA shows the positioning of market participants (i.e., retail, institutions) at any given time. At several days from expiration it can show general range. Closer to expiration the tallest bar/cluster becomes a probable MAGNET to just below or above the wall, especially if it aligns with large OI walls. as
>When price approaches tall +Gammas from below: Dealers will BUY stock and sell stock as price passes it to cap the upside.
>When price approaches tall -Gammas from above: Dealers will SELL stock and buy stock as price passes it to cap the downside.

2) VANNA shows the positioning and preferred range of MM's and DEALERS at any given time. It is most accurate ~20Δ. Far OTM strike don't mean it'll close there. Very tall vanna walls tend to be "solid walls you can't cross." The closer to OPEX, the more influence VANNA has, because stocks are more volatile and VANNA reacts to IV changes. It is strongest on the last 2 weeks of OPEX and VIXperation.

If -VEX is ABOVE spot and price is RISING: -VEX becomes repellant (-VEX is resistance)
If -VEX is BELOW spot and price is DROPPING: -VEX becomes repellant (-VEX is support)

+VANNA (GREEN) ABOVE/BELOW spot = Magnet
If price is DROPPING and IV is RISING: SP will be pulled into +VEX below spot (dealers selling towards +vex)
If price is RISING and IV is DROPPING: SP will be pulled into +VEX above spot (dealers buying towards +vex)

-VANNA (RED) ABOVE/BELOW spot = Repellant
If price is DROPPING and IV is RISING: SP will be repelled by -VEX below spot (dealers buying away from -vex)
If price is RISING and IV is DROPPING: SP will be repelled by -VEX above spot (dealers selling away from -vex)

3) OI shows where everyone's bet is placed at. The range is normally between the lowest tall PUT wall, and highest tall CALL wall.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBooster
Big glitch in the Matrix today - I put an order for 100 @$200, but I don't think it will trigger...

View attachment 1053160
Even if it did, it would be reversed… options however, might be another story as trading stop limits are looser and less precise.

Derivatives like $KO, $WFC, $AAPL. And anything else in the holding company could be affected throughout the day.

Was not a good close but nice trade!

I sold some calls yesterday in the AM for 3.70 and bought them back 90 minutes later for .80. So there’s gold in them thar hiells

I definitely plan to go for a walk at 30 minutes before market close (like today) more often!

Did the round-trip again, +P505 6/12 SPY $0.92 to $1.12. Thanks @tivoboy!

Is it time to move to a further expiration and higher strike and wait for next leg up (if we get one)?