Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s about GME?
(KiddingNotKidding 😎)
1717384430663.png

The stock is getting priced as though auto sales are stable because they are. China is 17% higher than Q1.
YoY China domestic sales are up 2-3k, but exports have dropped off significantly. I don't follow Shanghai religiously, but production has been reduced from Q1. Berlin and Austin production is also down from Q1. I'm haven't found any reasonable sources on Fremont.
US inventory has dropped dramatically since the financing offer. No material price cuts in US. Europe is down but it’s the smallest market of the 3.
Yes, production is now better matching demand. While good operationally, the production side is down and that will hurt both revenue and margins. Stable pricing is good as well, but my opinion is that it makes me think management is in a holding pattern.

Your delivery anecdote can easily be explained by layoffs, so it isn' ta general cause for celebration.
Sorry but this is just silly...
Maybe it is just where I live and the people I know... but when Elon is in the news about politics it does not build the brand. Maybe it isn't material, but it has influenced some friends purchasing activity.

I don't want to be overly pessimistic, but I think it is counterproductive when looking at options to assume the long-term thesis plays out in the short-term. I don't envision TSLA $100... I just don't see it hitting $200 in the next 6 weeks. We will see.

This thread is turning into the bearish version of the other thread that is overly bullish.

The stock is getting priced as though auto sales are stable because they are. China is 17% higher than Q1. US inventory has dropped dramatically since the financing offer. No material price cuts in US. Europe is down but it’s the smallest market of the 3. I was supposed to pick up my Y on this past Saturday but ended up picking it up on Thursday because they called me and begged me to take delivery on a weekday because they’re majorly overbooked on deliveries for Saturday and Sunday.

“Elon back into politics I can easily see another $1B hit to June. ”

Sorry but this is just silly. People letting their overly negative/bearish bias make silly comments. Same as the overly hopium posts by bulls in the other thread. Stock is one surprised positive catalyst or positive earnings surprise form exploding higher in the short term. Likely won’t last or hold with a big pullback but I get the feeling that some here possibly might get wrecked by a breakout 🤷 from being overly bearish positioned

Not saying everyone is rosy and peachy. FSD 12.4 continues to be a no show. It’s now one a half months late. Yes the YoY comp is a very tough one but the YoY comps starting getting much more favorable once Q2 is in the rear view mirror
Why do you think the YoY will get better when TSLA and Elon have both come out and said this will be a flat year / challenging year due to high rates?

That was a major factor in my choice to cut all my shares. The company is telling you, how can I possibly go against that?

Hmm, that was exactly when I placed a market buy order for 30k shares. 🤔 🤔 🤔 Here’s hoping the gains hold thru Monday AM at least…
Gains held thru Monday AM. Sold on the pop this AM. More gains probably could be made by holding, but happy to lock in the profits and have those particular funds back in cash.

Just noticed call premiums for next week are better, thanks to the shareholder vote.
Yeah, they're better because there a lot of risk of a big move... my natural tendency is to go for the big money on these weeks, but more often than not I get burned... so I'm planning to be out of weekly short positions for next week... might put a small straddle play in place, just for the Theta and IV collapse, but 10x or something like that, nothing serious... normally there IV ramps up all the way to the day of the event, so better to wait until the last moment as well

As for this week, can ever recall seeing such a well defined range!

1717422445300.png

Sold 202.5CC for Friday on this opening pop
  • Holding $180 and $187.50 buy-writes for 7Jun, would like to see these assign then SP dip next week for repurchase, and to improve 16Aug$180 —> 15Nov$225 roll (now at >$5 debit)
  • This would clear out short-term CC other than buy-writes before mtg and P&D

1717424832636.png

First line
Red dominates=Bearish
Green dominates=Bullish

Second line
Red dominates=Bearish
Green dominates=Bullish

Third line
Ignore (don't know if buy or sell)

Fourth line
Green dominates=Bearish