Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When things go your way, this options game is ridiculously good money for not a lot of effort...
Not much effort... but sometimes more risk than we appreciate. I have 6 or 7 -P for next week in NVDA at $1050-1100. I have cash to cover them and still am in an acquiring mode... but it is tempting to de-risk the lower strikes to maintain longer term flexibility in writing puts. The split makes for some interesting math going forward.

It really is nice though getting an extra few dollars a week in income. I want it to cover my taxes, but if I can get it to cover living expenses as well it is a big win.

Still unresolved. TSLA needs to close below 173 on a 1h candle to confirm the head n shoulder pattern. Otherwise, the big blue wedge still contains PA. Above 183 on a 2H close confirms breakout from the wedge.
1717437693319.png

Google doesn't want to cooperate today.
1717437827673.png

OT question, but what tools are people using for stock news, data and visualization? I'm stuck in the stone age with ETrade and Apple Stocks as my primary tools on my iPad, and it really is disappointing, even if it is adequate for the type of trading I am doing.

Hmmm..some put selling happening down here (bullish):

1717441763377.png

How to read the Contract Trade Statistics panel:

First line
Red dominates=Bearish
Green dominates=Bullish

Second line
Red dominates=Bearish
Green dominates=Bullish

Third line
Ignore (don't know if buy or sell)

Fourth line
Green dominates=Bearish
Red dominates=Bullish

Fifth line
Green dominates=Bearish
Red dominates=Bullish

OT question, but what tools are people using for stock news, data and visualization? I'm stuck in the stone age with ETrade and Apple Stocks as my primary tools on my iPad, and it really is disappointing, even if it is adequate for the type of trading I am doing.

I've been using gurufocus and tradingview. Guru has been helpful for fundamentals and Tradingview has been helpful for seeing a specific stock and how it's impacted by macros, rsi, technical analysis, etc on one window. Thinkorswim has a nice news feed and is free if you're using TD/Schwab.

I'm not married to these, and interested in better or alternative tools.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick66
RE: Deliveries
My son was getting his M3P serviced today in New Mexico. The sales associate that helped get his Fiancé into a Model Y in April was there. He told him deliveries of Model Y have been insane with the 0.99% financing. He said he is working 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, delivering new cars. I think I'm more optimistic about Q2 than some of my friends here.
They gave him a refreshed Model 3 as a loaner. He said it is so quiet and drives extremely well. This will be a problem for him as he can't afford to upgrade to a new M3P right now....

On most timeframes. I knew my Bachelor of Arts would come in handy one day.
View attachment 1053254
Just kidding I don't have a BA.
A wise teacher many years ago told me a BS degree is just "BullSh1t", it's what you do with your life that's matter.

I would trade my BS to gain the experiences that many here have. As you can see the dog can barely draw a straight line.

Thank @dl003 for educating us on TA and providing guidance when we go astray.

A wise teacher many years ago told me a BS degree is just "BullSh1t", it's what you do with your life that's matter.

I would trade my BS to gain the experiences that many here have. As you can see the dog can barely draw a straight line.

Thank @dl003 for educating us on TA and providing guidance when we go astray.
I mean I have a BBA. 🤣