Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1718123049546.png

BREAKING:

JP Morgan said they spoke to Travis Axelrod, Tesla's new head of Investor Relations. JP shared this in their new $TSLA note:

JP Morgan: "The head of IR said there is some misunderstanding regarding Mr. Musk's desire for control of 25% of Tesla's voting shares, suggesting this desire is motivated primarily by the wish to protect humanity from the potentially negative implications of imprudent or improper use of Al technology."

Travis: "Mr. Musk is focused on having a strong enough voice at the company (via control of a sufficient number of voting shares) such that he could ensure a proper governance structure around the use of Al, given the not unreasonable assumption that Al could surpass human-level intelligence in the next several years."

I

I’m fearful of a deeper dump which is why I’m inclined to sell some OTM calls here. But maybe buying some puts or a spread might be better in this case.
Wide spread might be better, but if you’re really worried about protecting position, then yeah OTM sold calls (although premium there seems quite low and skewed to puts being quite a bit higher)..you’re defining risk. But I really hate to fire and forget calls or -p say (not that is how you’d position) going into such an event horizon knowing I’m out of pocket.

If you’re most worried about loss of position strength and value, then +p seems to be the best unless you think it’s a certainty then -cc is more money considering you’d want to hold, roll and wheel.

Ambiguous enough?

BREAKING:

JP Morgan said they spoke to Travis Axelrod, Tesla's new head of Investor Relations. JP shared this in their new $TSLA note:

JP Morgan: "The head of IR said there is some misunderstanding regarding Mr. Musk's desire for control of 25% of Tesla's voting shares, suggesting this desire is motivated primarily by the wish to protect humanity from the potentially negative implications of imprudent or improper use of Al technology."

Travis: "Mr. Musk is focused on having a strong enough voice at the company (via control of a sufficient number of voting shares) such that he could ensure a proper governance structure around the use of Al, given the not unreasonable assumption that Al could surpass human-level intelligence in the next several years."

But governance and doing the right thing are Elons weakness. Plus he has control of AI at X and enough control of Tesla to give up all their H100s to XAI. I call BS.

BREAKING:

If the governance was different...more mature and independent...then this makes more sense, but as it is Musk's voice doesn't appear drowned out by his current ownership percentage.

Wide spread might be better, but if you’re really worried about protecting position, then yeah OTM sold calls (although premium there seems quite low and skewed to puts being quite a bit higher)..you’re defining risk. But I really hate to fire and forget calls or -p say (not that is how you’d position) going into such an event horizon knowing I’m out of pocket.

If you’re most worried about loss of position strength and value, then +p seems to be the best unless you think it’s a certainty then -cc is more money considering you’d want to hold, roll and wheel.

Ambiguous enough?
I have 15x -P300 6/2026 I’m trying to protect. My longs I’m not that worried about. Just hold my breath for another year. The sold puts can survive down to $130 before assignment which will eat margin if it does (I’m now 100% off margin).

Thinking maybe selling around 20x -C240 6/2025 @ $17.50 here to give some upside if we fall more.

Your AI shows $120’s so there’s that…What’s your take re downside, we got a double bottom here or more pain to come <$130, because if so selling CCs here isn’t that bad idea.

enough control of Tesla to give up all their H100s to XAI

You're either deliberately misrepresenting this story or have completely misunderstood it; either doesn't belong on this forum.

Tesla and xAI exchanged delivery dates, such that xAI took delivery of 12,000 GPUs in December when they had the capacity to use them, and Tesla took delivery of 12,000 GPUs in January and June to better align with the data center being built in Austin.

I have 15x -P300 6/2026 I’m trying to protect. My longs I’m not that worried about. Just hold my breath for another year. The sold puts can survive down to $130 before assignment which will eat margin if it does (I’m now 100% off margin).

Thinking maybe selling around 20x -C240 6/2025 @ $17.50 here to give some upside if we fall more.

Your AI shows $120’s so there’s that…What’s your take re downside, we got a double bottom here or more pain to come <$130, because if so selling CCs here isn’t that bad idea.
AI moved up to $153…I don’t think it understands this type of event horizon though.

Still think we’ll retest something in the $13x/$14x in the not too distant future. We could have a yes vote, and rally hard to $210 (again I’d be a strong seller there) and then dumb again back to the regularly scheduled narrative.

AI moved up to $153…I don’t think it understands this type of event horizon though.

Still think we’ll retest something in the $13x/$14x in the not too distant future. We could have a yes vote, and rally hard to $210 (again I’d be a strong seller there) and then dumb again back to the regularly scheduled narrative.

Makes sense. Lemme guess at $205-$210 you'll look to sell 7/19 -C220 for $10 or so?

1718127815428.png

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
I can believe 153; 120 seems and seemed like a stretch. My current expectation is we see a significant drop <160 and [then] a significant spike >195 with the shareholder meeting.

The AAPL action the last two days reinforces that market mentality for me.

Reactions: MikeC and tivoboy
I can believe 153; 120 seems and seemed like a stretch. My current expectation is we see a significant drop <160 and [then] a significant spike >195 with the shareholder meeting.

The AAPL action the last two days reinforces that market mentality for me.
I’m holding out SP action on AAPL till we find out what happened to SCHW today. Can you imagine how many stop loss orders were in place going into the open this morning, and not being able to close them out?

But yes, vol here.. vol good.