Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
It went well tivoboy. Got a crazy scare yesterday but held on. Didn't hold till closing but made some decent bags of kibbles.
Thanks again professor.

Use some of the profits to buy some cheap +Call on TSLA during today dump.
Whites of their eyes.

Nice job. It’s hard to hold in the face of adversity..If you’re not nervous SOMETIMES, you’re not trying hard enough.

Doc, You're telling me AAPL never went down ;)

Can you please tell us how you are positioning for AAPL now if any? ITM or OTM Puts and how far out?
Just wanting to learn.
Well, pretty much anyone who sold puts at some point in AAPL past - other than maybe this week, would have “made money” if they simply held the position to date since well, ATH

It went well tivoboy. Got a crazy scare yesterday but held on. Didn't hold till closing but made some decent bags of kibbles.
Thanks again professor.

Use some of the profits to buy some cheap +Call on TSLA during today dump.
held mine yesterday also, sold when AAPL was 201 - so made some kibble $$. my first instinct was to buy back the sold -C205s and hold the +c200s, but i closed the whole spreads... going to have to do that next time

Reactions: thenewguy1979
Doc, You're telling me AAPL never went down ;)

Can you please tell us how you are positioning for AAPL now if any? ITM or OTM Puts and how far out?
Just wanting to learn.
Every time there is a -15% correction in AAPL I start selling 10% DITM puts 2 years out. That’s the closest I have seen to be a long time holder by playing options like an ape degenerate.

held mine yesterday also, sold when AAPL was 201 - so made some kibble $$. my first instinct was to buy back the sold -C205s and hold the +c200s, but i closed the whole spreads... going to have to do that next time
Every trade, adds to learning and knowledge - but it doesn’t always play out the same way twice..

Confucius?

I got my new Tesla model Y rear ended 1 month ago, little dent in the bumper

So when I was in France I put my Tesla on Turo since we have 2, my wife only needed one

What a bad idea

The guy arrived with his Suberban,
Parked in front of my house.

Drove 1000 miles to Toronto back n forth in 3 days, used 800 supercharging miles in my account, Turo auto adjusting price lowered the price of the rental to $149 daily, it’s keeps 25% of the profits so I received $286 for a person driving my car 1000 miles and using 800 supercharging miles on my account.

What a bad trade, rofl. He effectively doubled the number of miles my Model Y had from 1000 to 2000 miles.

At least I saved the environnement of couple hundred of gas litres being burnt. That’s what I’d do for planet earth.

With the tire wear, supercharger cost, it cost me money to rent my car.

Drove 1000 miles to Toronto back n forth in 3 days, used 800 supercharging miles in my account, Turo auto adjusting price lowered the price of the rental to $149 daily, it’s keeps 25% of the profits so I received $286 for a person driving my car 1000 miles and using 800 supercharging miles on my account.

What a bad trade, rofl. He effectively doubled the number of miles my Model Y had from 1000 to 2000 miles.

At least I saved the environnement of couple hundred of gas litres being burnt. That’s what I’d do for planet earth.

With the tire wear, supercharger cost, it cost me money to rent my car.
Most Turo hosts add the Supercharging costs on to the rental bill. (In fact, I think Turo can be linked to your Tesla account to do it automatically.) They, also, put a per day mileage limit on with per mile charge for miles over that.

Essentially, they probably shopped listings, and took advantage of your under-priced offer.

have you ever clicked on an article, read the 1st sentence and said "yeah, thats BS"?
Screenshot_20240611_174620_Chrome.jpg