Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im seriously considering selling and pivoting to nvda

the industrial level of my stomach acid holding this stock is off the chart
Really? We are just getting started. Clearly more noise than NVDA, but I do think 2026-2030, will be fun times. Could at least be a 4x from here. Not sure NVDA will 4x during that same time.

Really? We are just getting started. Clearly more noise than NVDA, but I do think 2026-2030, will be fun times. Could at least be a 4x from here. Not sure NVDA will 4x during that same time.
This removes a rather nasty potential black swan event (Elon leaving) and opens up a new potential positive catalyst (new compensation plan), but the reality is that Tesla still needs to show volumes recovering and margins/profits stabilizing and returning to growth. This news + a decently good Q2 print could get TSLA back into the mid 200’s, but who knows if there’s going to be enough substance in the Robotaxi reveal to push TSLA back into the 300’s for this year or the first part of next.

This removes a rather nasty potential black swan event (Elon leaving) and opens up a new potential positive catalyst (new compensation plan), but the reality is that Tesla still needs to show volumes recovering and margins/profits stabilizing and returning to growth. This news + a decently good Q2 print could get TSLA back into the mid 200’s, but who knows if there’s going to be enough substance in the Robotaxi reveal to push TSLA back into the 300’s for this year or the first part of next.
I don't think Elon leaving is a black Swan even because it's something we can foresee. Same with him dying.

To the rest of your point. Remember when TSLA Fell to $100 and Elon was selling, everyone was being reminded there is nothing that has changed about the company. So keep calm. Same applies now, nothing has changed about the company. So let's not get ahead of ourselves and think we are going to $300 this year. Like you said Elon has a lot of work to do. Hopefully the cheap finance is helping.

I don't think Elon leaving is a black Swan even because it's something we can foresee. Same with him dying.

To the rest of your point. Remember when TSLA Fell to $100 and Elon was selling, everyone was being reminded there is nothing that has changed about the company. So keep calm. Same applies now, nothing has changed about the company. So let's not get ahead of ourselves and think we are going to $300 this year. Like you said Elon has a lot of work to do. Hopefully the cheap finance is helping.
If the vote failed, it wouldn’t have necessarily meant Elon leaves Tesla. But it would have opened up the door to a world of uncertainty/doubt and public drama between Elon, the board, shareholders and investors. It likely would have gotten ugly before it got better. If the vote failed, I would have expected lower lows to in the near future before it recovered. Possibly a retest of the 2023 low.

But that whole reality is now gone with the outcome of the vote

I think there’s a fair amount of demand from investors for TSLA at this valuation that are ok with 2024 being a write off year but that we’re hesitant to jump in because of that potential black swan event. I know myself, I knew I should have repositioned some of a more bullish position when the stock was in the 140-150’s. I’m fine with this year being a write off for teslas auto business. But I was too worried about that black swan event to take on any risk

Last edited:
+6% in Frankfurt 😂 all based on nothing... well that's TSLA for you, news trumps fundamentals!

1718259318752.png

Hands-down it was the wrong approach.
Can you think of a reason that they took the "Wrong" approach that makes sense? Elon's history is littered with people saying he is taking the wrong approach... that turned out to not be wrong. Not that he doesn't make mistakes.... but I have never known him to do the "wrong" thing on purpose, without a good reason (And usually someone will tell him he is wrong... he says wrong stuff on purpose I think to get people to tell him the correct answer.)

yep, its not the volatility but the noise. theres always some existential drama going on.
I was talking to a patient yesterday who saw my Tesla in the parking lot and asked me questions about supercharging and how it worked, he is planning to buy an Audi Q6 étron because he doesn’t like Elon.
I am wondering how many buyers were pushed back by all that drama. Must be significant.