Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beware of the put spike, but decent support @180:

1718909572441.png

1718909671457.png

1718909612702.png

How to read "Contract Trade Statistics"

First line
Red dominates=Bearish
Green dominates=Bullish

Second line
Red dominates=Bearish
Green dominates=Bullish

Third line
Ignore (don't know if buy or sell)

Fourth line
Green dominates=Bearish
Red dominates=Bullish

Fifth line
Green dominates=Bearish
Red dominates=Bullish

1718909707317.png

1718909779348.png

Reactions: DaBooster
Next week 6/28 looks bullish market positioning wise (though lately that means the opposite 👹):

Trifecta in Greeks -- Gex/Vanna/Delta all in unison in nice tall greens through $200
Maybe the plan is to run into P&D on 7/2 (the following Tuesday) and either pop and drop it from there?

1718910586751.png

1718910713636.png

July 5th is equally bullish in market positioning:

1718910811525.png

• Informative
Reactions: MikeC
Some AI sell-off this morning. Almost dragged NVDA to red. People taking profits.

View attachment 1058143

How in the world is SMCI keep on pumping like this?

View attachment 1058144
Too much flying too close to the sun…AAPL lead this puppy up (latest rally) and AAPL coming off the boil brought a bit of reality back to the narrative.. we were X+ ~ 7 days above highest overbought levels of the year.. so that comes to an end pretty quickly. We’ll probably stretch one more time, then I’m taking more $$ off the table.

sector rotation from tech into energy

perhaps related to the quarterly spy/qqq rebalancing and OpEx

View attachment 1058171

Honestly, that IS happening but it should NOT be happening. Not sure where the manipulation is coming from, there is no shortage and no demand increase and no uptick in geopolitical strife.. so I’m skeptical that this XLE rally can continue, or individual equities can maintain any positive movement other than possible takeout parties.

I think it’s probably just more about triple witching TOMORROW, after a very disproportionate and high beta/record highs start of June.

RBC Capital Markets Shaves $66 Dollars Off of TSLA; Lowered its Price Target from $293 to $227​

Jun 20, 202413:54 EDT

RBC Capital Markets lowered its price target on Tesla, Inc. from $293 to $227 Thursday, based on a lower robotaxi segment valuation. Another analyst sees Tesla’s upcoming Robotaxi day boosting a competitor.

Robotaxi Valuation Adjustment: RBC Capital assigned a $414 billion valuation to Tesla's robotaxi segment, down from $627 billion previously. The research firm pointed to its lower robotaxi pricing assumption of 81 cents per mile, down from 96 cents per mile, as the first factor in its reduced valuation.

Analyst Tom Narayan also pointed to a larger revenue share going to service providers, like Uber and Lyft, as another factor in its lower Tesla robotaxi expectations. Narayan predicted that widespread adoption of robotaxis will occur closer to 2040 with multiple software providers, fleet operators and OEMs producing purpose-built autonomous vehicles.

The analyst now sees four potential scenarios for how Tesla ends up generating revenue from its robotaxi initiative.
  • Tesla owns and operates its own robotaxi fleet
  • A fleet operator uses another automaker’s vehicle, but taps Tesla for software and an app
  • A fleet operator uses Tesla’s vehicle and software, but another service provider’s app
  • A fleet operator uses another automaker’s vehicle and a service provider’s app, but uses Tesla’s software
“Given our revenue share allocations, Tesla achieves 100%, 35%, 25%, and 10% revenue shares across our four scenarios, respectively,” Narayan said.

Despite the lowered expectations, RBC Capital still sees robotaxis as Tesla's biggest valuation driver at 52%, followed by full self-driving at 27%, megapacks at 15% and cars at 6%.

Tesla's Robotaxi Day: Tesla CEO Elon Musk has already announced that the EV maker will unveil its highly-anticipated robotaxi on Aug. 8.

BofA Securities on Thursday said it expects the hype surrounding Tesla's Robotaxi day to reignite interest in the autonomous vehicle market, particularly in Alphabet Inc's GOOG GOOGL autonomous vehicle segment, Waymo.

In a new note, BofA explained that Waymo has achieved Level 4 autonomy with over 7 million autonomous vehicle miles since its launch in 2018 while several competitors have retooled or exited the market. The firm also highlighted the company's progression to 50,000 paid trips per week and planned expansion in California and Texas.

"We reviewed Waymo’s progress and opportunity, which could see renewed investor focus around Tesla’s Robotaxi day scheduled in August," BofA said in its research note.

As Tesla prepares to unveil its robotaxi, it appears analysts and investors will be watching to see how the EV maker approaches revenue share and if other autonomous vehicle players stand to benefit from the increased focus on the transformative technology.

TSLA, GOOGL Price Action: According to Benzinga Pro, Tesla shares were down 2.62% at $180.09, while Alphabet shares were up 0.56% at $177.44 at the time of publication Thursday.

© 2024 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeC

RBC Capital Markets Shaves $66 Dollars Off of TSLA; Lowered its Price Target from $293 to $227​

Jun 20, 202413:54 EDT

RBC Capital Markets lowered its price target on Tesla, Inc. from $293 to $227 Thursday, based on a lower robotaxi segment valuation. Another analyst sees Tesla’s upcoming Robotaxi day boosting a competitor.

Robotaxi Valuation Adjustment: RBC Capital assigned a $414 billion valuation to Tesla's robotaxi segment, down from $627 billion previously. The research firm pointed to its lower robotaxi pricing assumption of 81 cents per mile, down from 96 cents per mile, as the first factor in its reduced valuation.

Analyst Tom Narayan also pointed to a larger revenue share going to service providers, like Uber and Lyft, as another factor in its lower Tesla robotaxi expectations. Narayan predicted that widespread adoption of robotaxis will occur closer to 2040 with multiple software providers, fleet operators and OEMs producing purpose-built autonomous vehicles.

The analyst now sees four potential scenarios for how Tesla ends up generating revenue from its robotaxi initiative.
  • Tesla owns and operates its own robotaxi fleet
  • A fleet operator uses another automaker’s vehicle, but taps Tesla for software and an app
  • A fleet operator uses Tesla’s vehicle and software, but another service provider’s app
  • A fleet operator uses another automaker’s vehicle and a service provider’s app, but uses Tesla’s software
“Given our revenue share allocations, Tesla achieves 100%, 35%, 25%, and 10% revenue shares across our four scenarios, respectively,” Narayan said.

Despite the lowered expectations, RBC Capital still sees robotaxis as Tesla's biggest valuation driver at 52%, followed by full self-driving at 27%, megapacks at 15% and cars at 6%.

Tesla's Robotaxi Day: Tesla CEO Elon Musk has already announced that the EV maker will unveil its highly-anticipated robotaxi on Aug. 8.

BofA Securities on Thursday said it expects the hype surrounding Tesla's Robotaxi day to reignite interest in the autonomous vehicle market, particularly in Alphabet Inc's GOOG GOOGL autonomous vehicle segment, Waymo.

In a new note, BofA explained that Waymo has achieved Level 4 autonomy with over 7 million autonomous vehicle miles since its launch in 2018 while several competitors have retooled or exited the market. The firm also highlighted the company's progression to 50,000 paid trips per week and planned expansion in California and Texas.

"We reviewed Waymo’s progress and opportunity, which could see renewed investor focus around Tesla’s Robotaxi day scheduled in August," BofA said in its research note.

As Tesla prepares to unveil its robotaxi, it appears analysts and investors will be watching to see how the EV maker approaches revenue share and if other autonomous vehicle players stand to benefit from the increased focus on the transformative technology.

TSLA, GOOGL Price Action: According to Benzinga Pro, Tesla shares were down 2.62% at $180.09, while Alphabet shares were up 0.56% at $177.44 at the time of publication Thursday.

© 2024 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Of their four scenarios, only one is a actual possibility which is Tesla owns and operates its own robotaxi fleet.

Tesla/Elon have already publicly stated they will not allow consumers or other business to run their "own" robotaxi service using Tesla's software/hardware. Anyone or business that wants to use their Tesla(s) as a Robotaxi has to go through Tesla's system where Tesla gets their cut.

Even in a scenario where someone say buys a Ford vehicle that has FSD installed (in this scenario Ford has licensed FSD hardware/software), if that person wanted to use their vehicle as a Robotaxi, they would still have to go through Tesla's network.

So their other 3 scenarios are mute. BofA just wants to hear themselves talk :rolleyes:

@tivoboy When you get a chance, can you share your thoughts on TSLA for the next few weeks + an updated AI target?
Ty
AI says 30 day PT $215+… take that for what it’s wroth.. 87% confidence..

Thoughts, don’t have enough time. Moving the past three days, HATE MOVING!..I have the feeling that we’ll get P&D bad, but BETTER than worst case expectations, and that could provide relief rally.

Not currently adding to THIS position, but I’m probably not selling July 205$ or $210 unless they get juicy like 5-7%

AI says 30 day PT $215+… take that for what it’s wroth.. 87% confidence..

Thoughts, don’t have enough time. Moving the past three days, HATE MOVING!..I have the feeling that we’ll get P&D bad, but BETTER than worst case expectations, and that could provide relief rally.

Not currently adding to THIS position, but I’m probably not selling July 205$ or $210 unless they get juicy like 5-7%

Thank you. That’s some welcome improvement from <$120 to $215+ 🥳

Good luck with your move!
There is a saying, “a new place brings new luck.”
May it be of the best kind!

Reactions: EnzoXYZ and tivoboy
Thank you. That’s some welcome improvement from <$120 to $215+ 🥳

Good luck with your move!
There is a saying, “a new place brings new luck.”
May it be of the best kind!
My wife and I were at Costco last Wednesday and she saw a Bonsai tree, which is supposed to bring good luck, fortune, etc.. She was like "Maybe if we get this, the company I work for will IPO before the end of 2025"

2025 being important because the Trump tax cuts expire in 2025 and if my company IPO's in 2026, I will pay substantially more in income taxes since most of my equity is RSU and only a third are ISO options.

Literally that night, Elon made that tweet about the votes, the stock took off, and I was like "Hmm.....this thing just might work"

Fast forward a week later.....Yeah I'm having my doubts lol 🥴

Why fishy?
"AI" is a general term. Not all AIs are the same or require the same type of data to train. xAI, aka Grok, if you know what it is, aims to complete against the likes of ChatGPT. ChatGPT and Grok do not consume the type of data generated by Tesla cars. Grok takes data from X while FSD takes data from Tesla cars.

So, what's so bad about xAI being a different company from Tesla? They're pursuing different products. Elon does not owe TSLA shareholders everything that has "AI" in its name, only what belongs in Tesla's mission.

You know what'd happen had Elon decided to, says, siphon data from X to train AI developed at Tesla, right? "Conflict of interest" "Tesla bailing out X" "Fraud".

But it warms me inside that people are losing faith. 250 is going to be sweet.
LLM is necessary for Optimus. So its still conflict of interest. Especially stealing employees from Tesla.