Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
⚠️ Some early reports about Tesla being affected by the CDK software attack and unable to deliver cars to customers. It uses it to register vehicles in several states, as do other dealers, and apparently there is no alternative.

Luckily we are a few days away from the end of the quarter, not sure how/if this will impact any numbers.
Fwiw 30 of us picked up our cybertrucks in a large delivery event in Marina del Rey, CA today with zero issues

Fwiw 30 of us picked up our cybertrucks in a large delivery event in Marina del Rey, CA today with zero issues

Seems about 10-15 states are affected, including MI, CO, and WI.

Grok: “According to the information provided, CDK Global's Computerized Vehicle Registration (CVR) service is available in 17 states. However, the specific states are not mentioned in the provided information.

——

Grok is hardly the first example though----See again the Tesla which famously spent $0.00 on advertising since forever now spending $ on advertising... and starting with.... Twitter... which Elon also, privately, owns...

Or before that when Elon grabbed a bunch of Tesla engineers and had them work at twitter for a little while right after he took over-for free (well, for free to twitter that is... Tesla still was paying their salary and benefits for their Tesla job....)

FWIW when questioned on this Elon claimed all of those engineers (who famously already have crazy long hours at Tesla) all were happy to go work for free, after hours, at twitter as volunteers.... just because their CEO asked them to.

When asked if this was misusing Tesla-paid resources he dismissed that by saying "I didn't think of it as using Teslas assets" because "There's 120,000 people at the company. This is de minimis"

Elon has stated that Tesla is an AI / tech company, not a car company. If Tesla is an AI company, why isn't xAI part of Tesla? Tesla has 24B in cash, more than enough to fund the $6B funding for xAI.

It would be like Jensen Huang starting his own semiconductor company to make AI edge accelerators rather than doing it within Nvidia. Larry Ellison starting his own vector database startup rather than including it as part of Oracle. Zuckerberg starting his own Twitter instead of creating threads. Any of these would be laughable.

Yet, normalized for Tesla. It's just crazy IMO.

Elon has stated that Tesla is an AI / tech company, not a car company. If Tesla is an AI company, why isn't xAI part of Tesla? Tesla has 24B in cash, more than enough to fund the $6B funding for xAI.

It would be like Jensen Huang starting his own semiconductor company to make AI edge accelerators rather than doing it within Nvidia. Larry Ellison starting his own vector database startup rather than including it as part of Oracle. Zuckerberg starting his own Twitter instead of creating threads. Any of these would be laughable.

Yet, normalized for Tesla. It's just crazy IMO.

As the story goes....When pressed for an answer about this, Elon said in his most serious and monotone voice "This is the only way to ensure the survival of humanity". Then all the underwater Tesla investors cheered at his brilliance and everyone lived happily ever after. 🤣

Elon has stated that Tesla is an AI / tech company, not a car company. If Tesla is an AI company, why isn't xAI part of Tesla?

Because Elon wants control of AGI (a thing Tesla isn't doing right now) and Elon doesn't have a controlling stake in Tesla.

Tesla has 24B in cash, more than enough to fund the $6B funding for xAI.

FWIW some have suggested they only have 24B "cash" on the last day of the quarter in an accounting sense and pointed to~15 billion in owed accounts payable (vs under 4B in AR) as suggesting their 'spare' cash day to day is a significantly smaller number (one that'll get worse if they keep seeing billions in negative FCF as they did last quarter- keep in mind less than half that negative FCF was AI spend too)

Also xAIs recent 6B was just a funding rounding- which has the total company valued at 24B- which Tesla definitely CAN NOT afford to pay cash for.

Reactions: phantasms
i decided to sell some, if not all, NVDA to lock in profits 💵💰

i am ok to "lose" money if the stock goes up further

i will buy back after a correction, if any

that's the plan!

edit: there is support at the hourly (50sma + rising channel + order block)

View attachment 1058337

What are your thoughts on SMCI? I sold some $780 and $800 puts and if we get down there I think I am going to take ownership of the shares.

Puru shares your sentiment on NVDA

Reactions: EnzoXYZ and Yoona
What are your thoughts on SMCI? I sold some $780 and $800 puts and if we get down there I think I am going to take ownership of the shares.

Puru shares your sentiment on NVDA

i am bullish SMCI, i think it may drop to 880ish then 1000; will sell -p860 soon
1718975238652.png

NVDA on the hourly finally broke down, but probably related to today's rebalancing and OpEx; possible 150 in July
1718975340100.png

1718975543497.png

Stealing part is not FUD. Lots of engineer went to xAI. This is conflict of interest. Anyways there is a court case filed on this. Lets wait for the verdict.
Let's keep that discussion out of this thread.

But it is FUD. Those engineers were either quitting (off to Open AI, Meta or whoever else) or going into a new venture with Musk. It might look unpure, but the end result is the same. If you don't trust Elon with basic stuff like this, sell your position please.

Grok is hardly the first example though----See again the Tesla which famously spent $0.00 on advertising since forever now spending $ on advertising... and starting with.... Twitter... which Elon also, privately, owns...

Or before that when Elon grabbed a bunch of Tesla engineers and had them work at twitter for a little while right after he took over-for free (well, for free to twitter that is... Tesla still was paying their salary and benefits for their Tesla job....)

FWIW when questioned on this Elon claimed all of those engineers (who famously already have crazy long hours at Tesla) all were happy to go work for free, after hours, at twitter as volunteers.... just because their CEO asked them to.

When asked if this was misusing Tesla-paid resources he dismissed that by saying "I didn't think of it as using Teslas assets" because "There's 120,000 people at the company. This is de minimis"

Bigger pic, Elon moves resources b/w his companies. Cross-pollination will be a net benefit in long run. (In xAI case, employees quit Tesla to join xAI so slightly different)

e.g. SpaceX resources have worked for Tesla and vice-versa
so may be X media team can be more involved in creating Tesla Ads in future .. they would be better suited for digital content.
Grok made by xAI makes it to tesla cars at low costs ..

After TX, move and path to 25% control of Tesla for Elon, likely by Dual Class Shares (BoD would be stupid not to use this), maybe Tesla gets a piece of xAI pie as well? Can't buy outright, but maybe can take 20-30% stake? Rather than waiting till IPO and giving tesla shareholders first jabs, Tesla should just do so on behalf of all shareholders.
Doing so also an advantage for Elon, as it will make it look like having less conflict of interest.
cheers!!

After TX, move and path to 25% control of Tesla for Elon, likely by Dual Class Shares (BoD would be stupid not to use this), maybe Tesla gets a piece of xAI pie as well? Can't buy outright, but maybe can take 20-30% stake? Rather than waiting till IPO and giving tesla shareholders first jabs, Tesla should just do so on behalf of all shareholders.
Doing so also an advantage for Elon, as it will make it look like having less conflict of interest.
cheers!!

I'm not sure most would see "Tesla invests billions of shareholder dollars into a different, privately majority owned by Elon, company with no current commercial product. (AFAIK x.AI has no customers that aren't also owned by Elon)" as looking like less of a conflict of interest.

I agree with you on dual-class shares being the most likely element in Elons next comp package though.

• Informative
Reactions: EnzoXYZ
I'm not sure most would see "Tesla invests billions of shareholder dollars into a different, privately majority owned by Elon, company with no current commercial product. (AFAIK x.AI has no customers that aren't also owned by Elon)" as looking like less of a conflict of interest.
We'll put it to vote, and I expect that most shareholders would approve ;)
+Seems the Elon haters and vocal folks are not the ones who are actual Tesla shareholders - from the last voting event.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: EnzoXYZ
Will be on vacation for P&D and Earnings ..
so rolled my Jan 25 270 to Jan 26 400 for ~ $4 credit in final batch of CC's with Jan 25 CCs. Added 300 shares to piCC(gg) bank.

After vacation, if SP drops will roll back to Jan 25 or strikes in 350 range for jan 26 ... keep adding shares with proceeds.

Sticking to just buying shares and no longer buying Calls ... (2016-2019 Calls were great, but 2021 onwards Calls have all lost $ for me)

+ 300 more votes for next round ;)

PM prediction: LOL haha i nailed both! 🎯

stuck at 880ish (doji) and 860 is safe

View attachment 1058428
Very nice! I closed out yesterday's spread for .05 , opened at 2.75. I took note of your perspective yesterday, TYVM !

Have you given up on Vanna? Looking into next week, gamma sits at 1000, dealers may want to ride it up to 1100, 1200. At the morning dip, I debated 6/28 -p740 but chickened out... doing just fine 1DTE. What are your thoughts on the Vanna read? Expected move (low side) as I've calculated is 720, 760 ... 3 and 2 std dev respective, 8DTE.

This Vanna measure is based on volatility, not per $ move, as is for Gamma.

Screen Shot 2024-06-21 at 10.55.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-21 at 10.49.25 AM.png

Last edited:
PM prediction: LOL haha i nailed both! 🎯

stuck at 880ish (doji) and 860 is safe

View attachment 1058428

Yoona NVDA hit bottom? Plan to go long in July for 140…..
Dumb me just saw you mentioned $150 July.

For TSLA PD # coming up soon. Not sure how that will affect SP but seem the consensus bottom was touched yesterday.

Lots of "nice" retracement last 2 days for re-positioning for the upside IMO for next few weeks.

Last edited:
Very nice! I closed out yesterday's spread for .05 , opened at 2.75. I took note of your perspective yesterday, TYVM !

Have you given up on Vanna? Looking into next week, gamma sits at 1000, dealers may want to ride it up to 1100, 1200. At the morning dip, I debated 6/28 -p740 but chickened out... doing just fine 1DTE. What are your thoughts on the Vanna read? Expected move (low side) as I've calculated is 720, 760 ... 3 and 2 std dev respective, 8DTE.

This Vanna measure is based on volatility, not per $ move, as is for Gamma.

View attachment 1058435

View attachment 1058434
vanna is the most volatile today (OpEx highest IV), dangerous to bet

next 2 weeks looks bullish

1718985532245.png

Yoona NVDA hit bottom? Plan to go long in July for 140…..
Dumb me just saw you mentioned $150 July.

For TSLA PD # coming up soon. Not sure how that will affect SP but seem the consensus bottom was touched yesterday.

Lots of "nice" retracement last 2 days for re-positioning for the upside IMO for next few weeks.
1st gap filled, 2 more to go

SPY/QQQ MACD histogram suggesting short-term pullback instead of correction

Last edited: