Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cashed in on 10/8 780 Calls.

Sold 12 BPS at -750/+740
like .98c for 10$ spread. Per strike prices low risk, but still big risk for losses. ~ 10% gains or 100% losses
In the past like 1-2 yrs back, I have been dinged badly on these types of spreads.
However rather be seller than buyer for these short term trades. (At work can't baby sit the trades and these change fast) ;) cheers!!. 1st trade post in the wheel of fortune ;)

What's the average BPS spread's fashionable here?

Cashed in on 10/8 780 Calls.

Sold 12 BPS at -750/+740
like .98c for 10$ spread. Per strike prices low risk, but still big risk for losses. ~ 10% gains or 100% losses
In the past like 1-2 yrs back, I have been dinged badly on these types of spreads.
However rather be seller than buyer for these short term trades. (At work can't baby sit the trades and these change fast) ;) cheers!!. 1st trade post in the wheel of fortune ;)

What's the average BPS spread's fashionable here?
I like $100 spreads personally. Better profit than naked puts and room to adjust if the SP drops.

Can someone please explain? TIA !

1633356468236.png

• Informative
Reactions: AquaY
My 670/710 BPS is up 75% since opening on Friday.

To close, or not to close . . . that is the question.
Are you holding off on writing another trade because of this position? If so, maybe yes. If not, you're in a high probability trade. No reason to close it yet if you're not going to do something else.
Just the way I look at it.

Are you holding off on writing another trade because of this position? If so, maybe yes. If not, you're in a high probability trade. No reason to close it yet if you're not going to do something else.
Just the way I look at it.

No, that's the kicker and why I'm not at this time exiting the position. I currently don't have anything I want to enter. It's too early for me to be looking at 10/15 expirations, so I'll just keep an eye on Max Pain tomorrow and see where I might write that BCS to finish out the IC. Premiums are small for calls, but going far out enough would just be icing on some very delicious cake this week.