Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Opened some 1000/1100 BCS to make IC with half my 650/750s for Friday. Will sell 1050/1150 to IC the rest if we keep climbing.
I've looked at -$1000 cc's for this week to take advantage of the "surge" this morning, but they pay less than $1 and I don't find this enough reward for the risk.

One whiff of Ukrain fears evaporating (for example Putin says a deal has been struck or something) and it's off to the races and TSLA goes to +$900 easily, let alone $950.

At this point any 2/18 $1000cc will be deeply underwater. It might still expire worthless but it would mean an entire week of stress.

Not to criticize your BCS of course, just saying that I'm not touching cc's this week unless we rise above $900. @2,5 I might sell some $1000ccs.

STO CC 2/25 1050 @1.51 (too low)
  • 4 Δ
  • 20% OTM
  • higher than the 1020 upperBB
  • these are retirement shares that i will need 30 yrs from now, so i need to be extra extra careful
I just sold a couple of 950 CC's for this Friday. If we get there, it will be an excuse to sell shares and move some of my 500 calls to shares. As strong as fundamentals are, the macro risks just seem huge. It's like a wave versus a tsunami. Easy to see the waves coming, harder sometimes to see that one big wall of water.
*My negative attitude might be a good buy signal, but I'm still hedging and looking to reduce leverage.

That's the problem with trading right now. We are one anything headline away from a 10% drop or pop.
FTFY. Truth time: I apologize for the poorly predicted $925 close last Friday. Wow, that was a big miss. I was able to roll the -p920s to 2/18 -p900s for $3cr. Will probably need to keep rolling given the macros. To form a tight strangle, sold -c905s at $13 this AM. I also sold ($3cr) a +c895 that I had bought late Friday, both of which now look like a mistake. Your welcome, now the SP will return to MaxPain territory. Oh well, I’m lousy at timing, so that’s why I like to sell both sides. The only known is that Friday will be four days away.

quick daytrade from Fri
29% in "one day"
closing it now

1644854163461.png

Given the remarks by many of you (@Yoona closing a 2/25 850/750 at only 29% profit, @BornToFly 's macro worries, etc) I notice the extreme fear in the market. (Because generally we are less fearful than the average Tesla follower)

This gives me some relief since I think the market is overreacting and we will rebound soon. But then I think I'm too optimistic (like @TheTalkingMule ;) ) and I become worried again.

Is the consensus truly that we haven't seen the bottom yet? Or that it is up in the air? Just want to get a feel of the sentiment out there. (Personally I think Putin won't invade, but let's not stray OT. Sorry for the transgression @Right_Said_Fred )

I started off today battling negative margin liquidity so had to buy a couple of 800 puts to avoid liquidation. With that hurdle cleared I sold some 800/750 BPS in the other account (now around 60% profit). With the nice rise in share price I was then able to swing into call mode selling a few 975CC and 950/1000 BCS. The margin is now back in the comfortable zone and I'm finally getting some cash back.

Given the remarks by many of you (@Yoona closing a 2/25 850/750 at only 29% profit, @BornToFly 's macro worries, etc) I notice the extreme fear in the market. (Because generally we are less fearful than the average Tesla follower)

This gives me some relief since I think the market is overreacting and we will rebound soon. But then I think I'm too optimistic (like @TheTalkingMule ;) ) and I become worried again.

Is the consensus truly that we haven't seen the bottom yet? Or that it is up in the air? Just want to get a feel of the sentiment out there. (Personally I think Putin won't invade, but let's not stray OT. Sorry for the transgression @Right_Said_Fred )
S&P and Dow down, Nasdaq being dragged up by companies likes TSLA that were oversold Friday. If there is a war, then we probably haven't seen the bottom yet. If Putin pulls back, then maybe we have. Unfortunately TSLA SP is less tied to it's fundamentals right now, and more at the mercy of the world's events which we can't possibly predict. So I see more losses for the members here, myself included, if we aren't really careful because the SP can go up or down a lot in a few days. My goal is 5 DTE or less, and small profits when I can get them. Last Friday freaked me out. Big profits will have to wait for more stable times....

I don't know if it'll happen but a close above 905 would be perfect 🙏
The 40-50k Stocks sold @900 would like to have a word with you.. (And that is only NSDQ Open-Book i see.. there are a dozend other orderbooks).

Normally a "wall" is ~20k stocks. So we need big macro-tailwind and/or a whale buying to push us over 900.
To compare: The TOTAL of all buy-orders i see down to 850 are ~38k. So ~50k @900 is a bit of a wall - but nothing that CAN be overcome.

it's because that was a daytrade... i don't want to wait 11 more days to milk the other 71% and chance a sp reversal, plus i am currently in a grab-and-go mode for whatever i can get

what i don't like right now is that we are lingering below 150SMA this Jan. The last time this happened was last May-Aug when sp was 580-680 and that dragged on forever (pls pls pls i hope i am wrong)

1644855212793.png

the other thing that i am looking at is the Put-Call OI Ratio of .75 (i interpret this as bullish that we are near bottom - does anyone know?)

1644856455730.png