Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday rolled my -970/+770 from this week to next for a credit of $9 each (not bad!)
Still have my Buy/Write and I dare you CC's for this week and waiting for a pop to roll them to next week.

For context - I want the Buy/Write to execute and I am just harvesting premium. So as long as they sell for more than I bought them for ($935ish) then I am happy. Already looking forward to doing more of these next year along with CC's and LCC's but I need to get some leaps to do so with.

Just Leap hunting at the moment - probably in the $850 range as we seem sticky to $900 and higher.
Most likely the June 22's as I just want them for selling LCC's and not share replacement. Time value will be great until March when I can roll them or just sell and replace.

Hope everyone is fairing well - don't fret if you have something underwater or ITM as long as there is time value left!

Agree with Rob's math that a sale today means another 1.7 of the usual size left. That meshes with calculations I have seen from other spreadsheets floating around.

It's possible there is one more selling day if there is selling going on today. And tomorrow should be stronger and a better day to roll itm puts, which I have a few of.

Slightly miffed there wasn't any selling into the closing cross on Friday. That 5+ million volume is real liquidity unlike the HFT back and forth inflated numbers we see daily.

If Elon doesn't sell anymore this year, the lack of selling on Friday is understandable. If he does, then my reaction is: "WTF?"

Agree with Rob's math that a sale today means another 1.7 of the usual size left. That meshes with calculations I have seen from other spreadsheets floating around.

It's possible there is one more selling day if there is selling going on today. And tomorrow should be stronger and a better day to roll itm puts, which I have a few of.

Slightly miffed there wasn't any selling into the closing cross on Friday. That 5+ million volume is real liquidity unlike the HFT back and forth inflated numbers we see daily.

How do you feel now that we are at $930? Have you executed ITM put rolls or are you still waiting until tomorrow? I have $990 and $1020 puts in my parents account.

I just closed all my BPS for the week 850/800, 840/790 and 860/810s at 90-85% profit. I have no other positions opened for the week and I am going to leave it at that and enjoy the holidays.

Closed couple of I dare you CC this morning. Not going to open any unless we have a big pop
next week.
Closed all BPS that expires this week this morning and open a few -780p and -800p in the IRA.
I really have doubts we can break 850 range but trying not to get greedy therefore went 800 and below for next week.

Reactions: UltradoomY
How do you feel now that we are at $930? Have you executed ITM put rolls or are you still waiting until tomorrow? I have $990 and $1020 puts in my parents account.

I just closed all my BPS for the week 850/800, 840/790 and 860/810s at 90-85% profit. I have no other positions opened for the week and I am going to leave it at that and enjoy the holidays.
My short strikes were at 920 on a bunch and I rolled half of them to next week for 17.5 per. Might get better prices tomorrow if we still are around here. So just did half. Still too much theta to bleed off.

Reactions: UltradoomY
Torn on where to post Short term stock movements stuff. posting it in 2 places is a chore, but here you go. Very robust volume today.

1640114844336.png

Puts gain value when the market drops from spiking IV and I feel we are getting closer to a bottom. There will be a recovery some day and it might be a +10% day. Someday Regression to the mean might do something for us. And naked puts are easy to roll till the stock recovers because a +50% annual growth stock always recover.

I do not feel safe to sell CCs within 30% OTM at these prices because I remember the stock recovering 11% in one day last year when it reached its low around $570. If the stock goes up 8% in one day I will be happy to sell 20% OTM CCs expiring within 1 week. I learned over my few options trading months that selling into strength is infinitely More satisfying than selling into weakness and just waiting for Theta to do its job.
I live to sell Puts when they stock goes down, IV spiked and I put a STO a bit further out than the Ask/Bid to sell into the day dip and then I live to see the IV go down, stock price recover a bit and Theta working for me.
Well I BTC my 20 x p790 31/12 this morning when they were +50%. Maybe I was too early but I was happy for an option I sold yesterday.

my new trigger is accepting 50% profit within 1 day or closing at anytime I see +85% no questions asked.

Glad I didn't flinch this morning on my $940/840 and $920/820 BPS for this week. Happy to roll them, even more than once, but didn't wanna pay for it!

Hopefully tomorrow is a good morning to close things out at a reasonable price.
All I can say is I am glad I was driving when that dip happened. I rolled my most dangerous stuff yesterday. If it would have dropped $5 more then I would have been rolling again if I was at my computer. I may have even started sooner with as steep as the drop was.

Elon sold shares today. Here's hoping that the options market improves now with the vast majority of this behind us now.

Ready for that Christmas rally, papa needs a new pair of shoes!

Interestingly enough it appears he only sold around 583K shares, not the typical lots we have seen before. Bullish!

Last edited:
Interestingly enough it appears he only sold around 583K shares, not the typical lots we have see before. Bullish!

Yeah, I just did that math too and was looking for another page to make sure I didn't miss something. The number acquired, however, looks the same.

I wonder if an odd lot like this compared to the others is an indication that he's done. That would be glorious.

All I can say is I am glad I was driving when that dip happened. I rolled my most dangerous stuff yesterday. If it would have dropped $5 more then I would have been rolling again if I was at my computer. I may have even started sooner with as steep as the drop was.
Well, I was, unfortunately or fortunately, sleeping when that massive MMD hit. Fortunately, I did have a few buys set at $888.xxx that triggered in each account. Unfortunately, I wasn’t awake to buyback a bunch of 12/31 -c1005s at 50% profit and now they are +20% more than I sold them. Fortunately, during the SP rise the -p920s to -p990s lost way more value, so it will all balance out by year’s end. Not trading today was probably better on my financials than any ill-timed trades that I would have completed. Fun stuff to see the SP bounce around, but I still have some buys set in the 804-860 range. I won’t believe the capitulation is complete until we see the low 800s. Edit: if that Elon tweet is real and his selling is complete, then watch out above. Got to buyback this calls. Damn!