Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI: Today is a short trading day, the market closes 3 hours early at 1:00 PM ET.

So may sure you close out anything that needs closed out early.
oh i forgot the time, thx

closing the daytrades soon to lock in short but sweet half-day gains

1669395730075.png

with a 285 target?
I'm mainly referring to the methodical and measured rise up from the low in NFLX. It's always been my thesis that a true, unadulterated new bull market should start out slow and full of skepticism because at the absolutely low, investors are all battered and exhausted. Morale is extremely low which makes it hard to go to the moon in 6 months like in the good old days.

i think someone is playing for a 150+ bottom? 🤷‍♀️
They are buying ITM CALLS instead of shares and think 150 is safe.
I’m not sure, but doesn’t the “B” at $153.33 imply buying. No B on the 150s, implying selling. Both trades at identical time. A spread? Definitely playing a ~150 bottom, buy how? Does this mean they expect to close once the SP drops below 150? Not a spread trader, so I don’t understand this. If I had seen Yoona’s post, I probably wouldn’t have adjusted my 12/30 straddles 180->185. Oops.

I’m conflicted as to the direction, scared about losing shares on the CCs, but really seeing continued weakness and the hedgies targeting 150. My read on Fibonacci levels and trend still seems like continuing SP weakness to EOY, which doesn’t make sense given the financials (current and future). Perhaps it’s just more push downs and waiting until ~Jan 25th financials.🤷‍♂️ Bought 10 more shares anyway. If we drop further next week I’ll roll down and buy more. If we go up above 190, I’ll roll up and maybe sell shares to pay the debit.

8381DDE9-610C-4531-A3E7-611FCA33A488.jpeg

Reactions: JSML
Once again these flow thingies are creating more confusion thay they solve lmao. Looks to me like it's a 150/153.33 spread but hard to say if it's bullish or bearish. The B stand for Bid, meaning the 153.33 calls were sold and which means 150's bought. Hugely bullish? The net premium is only $6M. My observation is calls are being bought again. Call IVs are spiking so I'm comfortable with selling 172.5P's while expecting a deep pull back.

Once again these flow thingies are creating more confusion thay they solve lmao. Looks to me like it's a 150/153.33 spread but hard to say if it's bullish or bearish. The B stand for Bid, meaning the 153.33 calls were sold and which means 150's bought. Hugely bullish? The net premium is only $6M. My observation is calls are being bought again. Call IVs are spiking so I'm comfortable with selling 172.5P's while expecting a deep pull back.
There's an existing identical position at 180/183.33, if that helps figure it out: (and a similar 10,000 contracts at 173.33/175)

tsla0923.jpg

Today I took some money from the house.

BTO 20x $182.50 c for $0.14 and sold them 24 seconds later for $0.22 for $160 total profit (57% gain) 🤪

At the money options prices move incredibly fast in the minutes before they expire. They can double or go to zero in a flash. I only do this when I have strong conviction and get out quick, win or lose.

Holding $180 cc and a few $165/$150 for next week I expect TSLA will move with the market until P&D. ✌️

There's an existing identical position at 180/183.33, if that helps figure it out: (and a similar 10,000 contracts at 173.33/175)

View attachment 878179
Ok, went looking at my broker’s options chain and found several more. This is really starting to look like the bottom bets.

Jan 23: c200 x 70,000 open interest
Sept 23: c150/153 x 30,000 today
Sept 23: c180/183 x 30,000 open interest
Jan 24: c150/153 x 40,000 today
Jan 24: c180/183 x 51,000 open interest
Jun 24: c180/183 x 20,000 open interest
Jan 25: c170/175 x 30,000 today

My 185CC in two weeks might be safe now.... 😢

Edit: My guess is they will be able to keep the factory open by sending PCR+ workers home before they infect others. Hopefully enough people stay healthy to keep the shifts runnings. Of course, there is the issue of the car hauler drivers and what happens if too many of them are locked at home, and whether or not suppliers can stay open. The uncertainty may bring the SP back down.... I maybe selling a lot more shares in pre-market on Monday....

I’m thinking of switching from covered calls to spreads.

Is it generally easy to roll forward spreads for even or small premiums if SP goes above the strike ?

BTW, I had substantial number of shares assigned on Wednesday for my 192.5 puts. Just $10 above closing price. Never got assigned with such a small difference. May be the Thanksgiving confused the buyer or they were not working on Friday ? I wanted to convert some cash to stock below $200 - but would have been happier at $170 ;)

I’m thinking of switching from covered calls to spreads.

Is it generally easy to roll forward spreads for even or small premiums if SP goes above the strike ?

BTW, I had substantial number of shares assigned on Wednesday for my 192.5 puts. Just $10 above closing price. Never got assigned with such a small difference. May be the Thanksgiving confused the buyer or they were not working on Friday ? I wanted to convert some cash to stock below $200 - but would have been happier at $170 ;)
No. CC are easier to roll than spreads because you aren't having to buy a Call every time you roll. Spreads have destroyed the portfolios of many people here (and many who have left after losing everything). Spreads = leverage, which means greater losses when things don't go as planned.